face the sun
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
Romeo. She nods quietly and goes to scoop the babe into her arms. Looking down into his tiny, round face makes her heart swell and her entire demeanor seems to soften. "Hello there. It's alright, Romeo," she coos as he whimpers into her shoulder. While one arm supports his weight her other hand rubs gentle circles on his back, and she instinctively leans to touch her chin to the side of his head, cradling him there.

She's quiet as Sunjata explains how these children came to be under his care, already answering questions that had floated to the surface of her mind.

"You two did the right thing," she murmurs, lifting her chin to look as he gently bounces Amadeus in his arms. Meanwhile Romeo seems to cheer up, beginning to babble and gnaw on his own fingers. She takes a moment to murmur some of his own gibberish back at him. Laughing softly, she says, "I forgot how cute they can be. Y'know, when they're not pooping and crying."

She huffs another laugh, looking back up at Sunjata. "So, you're becoming a real family man now, huh? It suits you..." she offers a small smile, but it fades a bit quickly. "...do you have plans? For when.. everything happens." The war, she wants to say, but she doesn't outright. "Has Safrin asked anything of you? Or offered you protection?"
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
angel loves to keep me spinning, much too high to see
that all these chains have started thinning & hell is breaking free
Romeo starts to calm while Sunjata works with Amadeus, holding him close to his own chest, rocking him gently back and forth, letting his heartbeat work to soothe the small babe. It works out and while Romeo is gnawing on his own fingers, Amadeus is quick to fall back to sleep. And all the while Sunjata’s steel gaze bounces between the two children and Amalia when she speaks.

Oh they’re adorable.” Sunjata agrees softly, unable to keep the small crooked smile from his lips. “I think they’re going to grow up to be huge pains in the asses.” This is said a bit quieter, a tone of conspiracy leaving him as he steps a bit closer toward Aurelia so that perhaps Amadeus’ soft snores might soothe Romeo just enough to rock him back to sleep.

Sunjata’s nose wrinkles, however, when Aurelia calls him a family man, his steel gaze rising to meet her. “No one has ever said it suited me.” He didn’t even think so himself, yet here he was. The tone in the room changes, though, and Sunjata lets a lightning scarred finger brush back a bit of dark hair from Amadeus’ face as he sleeps. “I heard that Safrin plans to care for all children under the age of sixteen when war comes.” He says gently, gaze flickering up to Aurelia. “Other than that? Just… Trying to protect my family. I don’t even know if Safrin’s deal with Nate is still good given… Everything that’s happened.” It deflates him, but isn’t something he needs to worry about in the future at the very least.

Only he doesn’t know about it yet.
every choice, every lie, demons that he kept inside
angel now that i've stopped spinning, could you come clean?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
and my hands aren't clean
maybe they never will be
Sunjata's conspiratorial tone makes Aurelia have to hold back the laugh so as not to disturb the babies, but she offers a broad smile of amusement. "Well they're yours, aren't they?"

As the conversation turns back towards adult matters, though, it seems to bore Romeo back toward sleep. She carefully begins to rock him back and forth so as to encourage that, but her gaze rests carefully on Sunjata as he speaks on his plans or lack thereof.

Understanding darkens her expression and she nods gently, "We're all trying to protect our families and friends..." or the ones they've made, "that's the hardest part about it all." At least, those she refers to would be the type to worry about things like that. Except maybe Jack. Maybe. The captain has a heart in there somewhere, she's sure of it, even if it's tiny and black.

She wants to say more. Yet... Romeo has drifted off on her shoulder and she wouldn't dare utter another word so as to keep him asleep. They can always talk more later, the important thing is that their friendship is not lost. And now that she knows where he lives, she can come and find him more easily.

fin!
but they can still carry you home
when you're ready to sleep