down, down, up
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
so much life in one little world
"But there's always a chance. No method other than abstinence is 100% effective." Everest parrots promptly, but he too continues to look for other clues. Cocking his head slightly to the side in a distinctly canine gesture of consideration, the boy pauses. "You are an accepted...have you channelled lately? Or asked them for anything?" He wonders, turning.

The Spyglass was a high ranking accepted. Maybe the spirits were more drawn to him because of that. But why cookies of all things? Did spirits and gods even eat? He knew food was often a part of offerings, but...Reaching out with a careful finger, Ever streaks it across the counter before inspecting it, as if expecting to see some sign of spirit-residue there.
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
memory’s so treacherous
"I..." Gods, Ever is right. What if Tobi was pregnant? What if she'd felt sick because of the smell of the cookies and she'd cleared everything away and turned off the oven so she didn't feel so unwell? What if she--

There are no cookies, Finn.

It's a reminder that he has to give himself more harshly than he expects, the Spyglass swallowing hard and taking in a deep, shuddering breath. "No, not lately," he says. "But spirits do not need to be conjured, much of the time. Right? There are all kinds of things out there, not just gods."

He continues heedlessly, because gods if he can't help himself. "There are the will o'wisps in the Greatwood, and the daemons in King's End..."
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Glancing around the apartment, now worried about the ramifications of spirits randomly appearing and absconding with their things, Ever's mouth drops open. "My books!" He croaks, dashing out of the kitchen and running into his room. Placing his fingertips on the spines of his books, the boy mouths each of their titles to ensure that they were in their right places.

Next he moves to his desk, where his notebooks are meticulously stacked and where his homework sits in the center. "Dad!" He calls in a brassy tone. "Dad we're going to need to itemize everything and where it is, so that we know if something is taken." Ever explains, reasonably. "And...we'll need a system, so that if things get moved, we can update it, or else we might think misplaced items are taken by spirits and vice versa." Turning, his chubby cheeks flushed and his blue eyes bright, Ever nods. "Right?"
everest
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
memory’s so treacherous
"Your...?" Books doesn't get a chance to slip out between Finn's lips before Ever is quite simply gone, and the Spyglass is left to rub the heels of his hands into his eyes as if he's trying to focus on the new madness that has invaded their home. But, given who he is and who is son is, when Ever does call to him, his suggestion actually... isn't that unpleasant. Perhaps others (read: everyone but Finn) might have found the idea of itemising everything both tedious and exhausting, he does not.

"Right," he agrees, because yes, this is still better than admitting the truth, and he nods at one of the empty notebooks kept in reserve on the desk. "We ought to have a book for each room," he suggests. "That way there won't be too much information in one place." It is very likely that this is how Tobi will find them when she gets home, and Finn doesn't even care.
one moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights
the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go
FINN
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
"Smart." Ever hums, beaming up at his father. "Thanks Dad. This makes me feel better." And it did. To be fair, it was possible for spirits to come in and take things, so all in all, this wasn't entirely a fool's errand. Call it father-son bonding time.

Together Finn and Everest recorded each and every item in each and every room, down to the most minute and seemingly unimportant. "I'll be sure to mention this to my teachers at school too." Ever hums casually under his breath. "Just in case my homework is ever taken, that way they won't think I'm just making it up." Pausing, he adds: "I should probably tell Mateo to do the same. He's so careless with his things I bet a spirit could take half of it away before he noticed."

And that is the story of how Finn's lie became cannon in Ever's mind.

~FIN
everest