for all you know
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
How do I learn my dreams to mold
To lay them bare in the morning cold?
"Mothers, maybe." Remi says with a nod. But fathers? The alchemist wasn't nearly as neglectful and terrible as his own had been, but in Vai's presence, he always felt simultaneously motivated to be better, and also horrified at just what a poor parent he was in comparison.

'Oh, is that all there is to it?' He asks of remaining human, smirking adoringly at her before his expression turns downright menacing. "Ahh yes. I do love using Ronin's...fingers." Remi agrees wickedly, fully expecting to be hit for his mischief.

"Right. Of course.' Remi might have assumed the twins wouldn't even notice his missing fingers, but then, they'd grown up quite without his permission, now hadn't they. 'No.' He sighs, but nods just the same. Directing his gaze up toward the ceiling, Remi closes his eyes and tries to pull his thoughts away, letting his soul come loose from his bones.
If they're still out there then the chasm grows
For all you know, for all you've known
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"Would it surprise you if I told you that it was?" Vai smiles to him, gently tousling his hair. That, of course, does turn into a gentle smack across the side of the head as they talk about Ronin's fingers, the witch scoffing to him and shaking her head. "Just for that, I'm going to stitch you up with a smile on my face," she informs him, stepping away briefly to get her supplies and returning to sit with him. She's not ready either, but unfortunately this is the last leg of his treatment.

While she stitches him, Vai tells a story that Remi has heard dozens of times, which is exactly the point. It's old ground for them, the twists and turns no longer a surprise, and by the time she's closed the wound on the side of his hand, she's winding the tale down again. "You are fighting fit," she declares softly, passing a hand over his arm for one last injection of healing magic, before she's done. "Don't do it again, mm?"
and the sun
will rise
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
Grumbling in the face of Vai's wisdom, only to grumble in earnest as he's smacked, Remi snaps his teeth affectionately in her direction as she rises to get the things needed for the rest of his torture treatment.

Beneath the table the alchemist's toes curl in his socks as his lips twitch and snarl into various shapes with each unhappy press of her needle. 'And they all lived, sometimes quite happily, ever after, the end.' He repeats with her, a touch breathless but feeling the better for all of the witch's work.

'Am I? Guess I had better go fight something, then.' He teases, before shrugging his shoulders. "I will try not to." It was the best he could offer, really. 'Thank you.' More sweetly said, Remi reaches across with his patched-up hand, brushing his remaining fingers against hers. "Now, the least I can do is get us both a bowl of whatever it is you've been cooking."
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vervain
even the darkest night
will end
"The end," Vai agrees, grabbing a roll of fresh, clean bandages so she might wrap up his arm; it's not strictly necessary, but given the severity of his injuries, the more protection she can give against the new skin, the better. "The only thing I'd like you to fight today is the kettle when it whistles, so you can make us some tea," she chimes, raising his patched hand to press a kiss to the back of his palm.

"What I have been cooking will not fit in a bowl, Remi," she informs him with a wicked sort of grin, rising to her feet so she can set the kettle on the stove to boil, meanwhile grabbing up the roasted vegetables and leg of venison from the oven. "Between Felix and your twins, I am amazed that there are ever any bones left," she admits. "But just for today, I think you can get first dibs. I can always roast some more."
and the sun
will rise
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"I think I can manage that without losing any more limbs." Remi says considerately, before frowning as the witch begins to putter about the kitchen. "Excuse me, I think you'll recall that I said I would be doing that." He huffs, trying to shoo her out of her own kitchen if only so that he wouldn't feel quite so useless.

Regardless of how successful he'd been, the pair would have just over an hour to themselves before the twins returned home with their prize in tow. Felix, bound in vines and made to wear a flower crown compliments of Flora, was rewarded with dinner, while the twins protested that tHey WeRenT HuNgrY only to devour their portions almost instantly.

~FIN