less than I do
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Nice flex, but I don't fuck with all the vanity
'Oh.' Pursing his lips and looking properly thoughtful, Ever nods. "I didn't know that." But now he did; now there was no getting out of eating Mateo's centrepiece, as far as he could see. Accepting the cookie with a mumble of thanks Ever rotates his cookie that he might inspect it from all angles before eating it. "I can always help. I can take books out of the library, and...I've been making lots of notes about how Skyboats operate when I take them back and forth." He was no Remi, but surely together they could figure it out.

Right?

Not minding the way their feet occasionally touched with each boyish kick of their legs over the Drop, Ever glances over at Mateo and smirks. "Are you sure it isn't just your dad down there having a bath?"
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
MATEO
Mateo has half a cookie in his mouth by the time Everest offers his help, and so he can't really express his enthusiasm verbally. Not at first, anyway. But the dimpling of his cheeks and the brightening of his blue eyes will hopefully give the game away, and once he's swallowed his snack, he nods to his friend. "Yes, I think we could do a good job of it," he tells him. "It is almost finished anyway, so it's just the last bits we would need to do." And that surely can't be too difficult.

He's never considered it might be Remi down at the bottom of the Drop, and Mateo grins wickedly back at Ever. "It wouldn't surprise me," he admits, cupping a hand to his mouth. "Daaaaaaaaaad!" he calls, his voice echoing back up at him, clear as a bel, "are you down there having a wash?"
the earth has music for those who listen
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
Nice flex, but I don't fuck with all the vanity
Nibbling at the perimeter of his cookie such that it began to form a star-shape, Ever's smile is more subdued but his eyes are just as shiny as his friend's. "Sounds like fun." And, knowing Mateo, it also sounded like a ton of organizing which actually did sound like fun to Ever.

Peering down, suddenly horrified that Remi might indeed be in the drop and might have heard all the things he'd said about him before, the Hart boy audibly gulps. From far below, the waters of the Drop wait, silent and still. Still and silent.

Nothing at all happens. But you know, ominously so. "Maybe he's having a nap?" Ever suggests in a whisper. "It's deeper down there than in the Stonesong." Big enough for a kraken though? Gods he suddenly very much didn't want to find out. " Maybe we should go...just in case he is sleeping."
everest
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
MATEO
It does sound like fun, and whatever tangled emotions Mateo might be feeling about not being able to complete the skyship with Remi, he's very much happy to forge on with Ever as his right hand man. Er, boy. Unlike his friend, though, he's shuffling forward to try and look down into the drop to spot his father, tilting his head when his echo does not give any response.

"Who, the Afanc or my dad?" he wonders. "He doesn't really nap. Or if he does, it's not really under water..." Mostly he finds his parents napping with each other, or reading to each other, or being generally ridiculous. But this would be weird even for them. Be that as it may, he's still happy to scarper - just in case whatever is down there is sleeping.

"Okay, let's go," he says, smiling brightly and tidying up after them, slinging the basket over his shoulder and beckoning Ever away. There's always another adventure to have, after all.

~FIN
the earth has music for those who listen