Personal Quest rock you like a hurricane
{open}
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
knew what she was doing when she invited the wild in
With Sunjata untangled from cart straps, she was free to focus on the actual task at hand. Arching a brow, and not hiding a very catlike grin, she hummed to herself as Fangorn bounded and leapt along her ankles. Adhering to Maeve’s directions, unloading the bags of sand and placing them where they were required, she pondered over a few tools for boarding up the windows.

Eventually she settled on the biggest hammer she could find (because it looked like fun), snagged at some nails, and headed to where the Queen instructed, shimmying along and making the loudest possible noise as she proceeded to board up the windows.

--

Melita grabs what she needs and boards windows obnoxiously!
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Sunjata and Maeve work with practice while Melita chooses to be obnoxious as possible with her task. Something she's rather good at. Still, between the three of them they manage it in record time. Soon all the windows are boarded up and the Hanged Man is as secure as it can be all things considered. They all knew there was only so much prep one could do for monsoons. Maeve steps back, satisfied with their work, giving a sharp little nod. "Alright, the Court and the Halenani are all that really need to be covered. I don't think the Court will have much issue being made of stone, but we should reinforce the windows. The Halenani will definitely need sandbags and boarding up."

They all load back up and make their way to the Court next, choosing to focus mostly on the stained glass windows that need to be covered. Maeve once again helps Sunjata unhook himself before gathering the necessary materials and setting to work.

The Hanged Man has been prepared.

Now it's time to board up windows and unload sandbags at the Court!
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
we keep on doing this again and again
the same old things expecting something different
It works well, the boards falling into place. And despite the obnoxious sounds from Mel, Sunjata can’t help but to let some of the tension drain from him, settling easily into the motions of work and the fact that Melita seems to be enjoying herself. It’s relieving to say the least that he doesn’t have to feel like he’s stepping on glass around her.

Perhaps some things were changing.

Sunjata nods to Maeve’s instructions, though part of him wonders how bad they think it might get – again, Sunjata’s banking on the quest of the shields in place to be enough for protecting them all within it, and he wonders if his goddess would face backlash if it doesn’t work. A part of him dreads the thought.

Regardless, he drags the cart in his nyala shift toward the Court, grabbing some sandbags to place around the building in order to protect it – leaving the windows open for Melita to bang her hammer into the boards as loudly as she wished to, provided she wants to.

Sunjata gets to work placing sandbags around!
but by now we know it's never gonna change
i'm not trying to complain, i'm just saying it's a waste
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Content with the amount of noise she’d made and the actual boarding of the windows, the honeybee sauntered back into the residual groove of their day. Loading, unloading, rinse, repeat, wondering all the while if there were other figments of Torchline that should’ve mattered beyond the Court, Halenani, and likewise; or if reliant on Safrin’s shields for the other proportions. It left the lightest wrinkle to her nose, but she let it be. She wasn’t the one making decisions around here.

Sandbags tossed and placed wherever they needed to be, Melita maneuvered straight into her old tactics: find the biggest instruments and tools, utilize them, and make as much noise as possible while doing so. ”Ja, ja, meer vensters!” She called towards Sunjata. Triumphant and gleeful, the youth hummed along in accordance with whatever racket she’d opted for.

--

Melita boards some more windows.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

They make quick work of it between the three of them. There isn't much talking, but there doesn't need to be. Sunjata and Melita are both diligent workers. Maeve imagines that she would have been able to leave them to it, but she wants to make sure this is done. Probably for the same reasons that Sunjata did. It wasn't that Maeve doubted Safrin. She didn't. She knew that their goddess would come through, but to have the peace of mind that she prepared in case something did happen was well worth the effort.

It takes them maybe an hour to secure the Court, but it's all smooth sailing. Melita boards up the windows and Sunjata unloads the bags while Maeve flits back and forth between the two to help. Soon, it's as prepared as it could be and she steps back, satisfied. "Alright, just the Halenani now."

The Court is prepared!

Time to head for the Halenani and repeat the process!
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
He leaves the windows open for Melita to choose them and when she calls over to him in Korofi, there’s a rumbling chuckle that leaves him a brief second before he calls out to her as well, hoisting a bag or two over his shoulder. “O, maar jy doen so 'n goeie werk.” He hums another chuckle but works on the bags enough that it feels like hardly any time has passed and yet they’re finished with their work at the Court of Stars.

So they move along again, toward the Halenani, Sunjata pulling the cart and stopping and getting untangled, before he decides to change it up a little. “Ek sal hierdie keer die vensters vat,” he pauses to look toward Maeve with a flash of a playful smile. “We’re switching it up a little, I’ll take windows this time.” The translation offered easily on the part that’s important, before he grabs the nails and hammer to hook to his belt while he carries over a few boards to get started.

Sunjata works on windows instead of bags!
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
The proclamation that he’d be taking her new favorite job caused a jaw drop and a semblance of a frown – overly exaggerated, mainly due to foolish antics and a sense of immature intricacies never quite scattered. ”Ek sal beter doen,” came in an unrelenting singsong, a challenge, and by the time they turned along and managed to get to the Halenani, the honeybee had already stirred the notions deeper into her soul. A hive of her own making.

Antagonistic to a fault, and purposefully tenacious, she snagged at the bags with strong aplomb, racing along, back and forth, as if it was a frenzied, speeding contest. Apparently, believing, swiftness was a factor in who was better than the other.

--

Melita works on the bags begrudgingly.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve can only arch a brow at them, rolling her eyes at their playfulness even as a smile curls on her lips, "By all means." She drawls to Sunjata, glancing back towards Melita who was already doing the most by racing back and forth. Which was all well and good at first, but the Honeybee's excitement wasn't doing her much favors. Especially not when her shirt gets snagged on the fence, yanking her back so suddenly that the sandbag she's holding goes flying from her arms, exploding onto the ground.

This gives Sunjata the advantage in their little competition and with the help of his strength, shifts, and whatever else he uses, the Flood is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to boarding up windows. Maeve helps Melita with the sandbags, pausing in her own work to join her, scooping the spilled sand back into the bag with a huff of laughter. "You've given him a lead now." She teases with a wink, a smug smirk curling on her lips as she pokes at the honeybee girl, knowing that she'd likely only stir up the hive in her head all the more.

Last round! Finish up with the sandbags and we'll be good to go!
Summertime sadness
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Maeve’s drawl and Melita’s blunder only seem to spur Sunjata on more – able to make quick work of the windows and when he’s done, he reaches up to wipe the beading sweat from along his brow, moving to place the hammers and rest of the materials in the back of the cart to help with the sandbags. He isn’t sure how many Melita had accomplished, but he grabs a bag to begin helping place it around.

He tries to catch Melita’s eye with a crooked, boyish smile, a raise of his dark brow as if he’s asking her if she is doing better without actually saying it out loud, before he grabs another bag to set down to busy himself before she can retaliate (he imagines her attempting to throw a sand bag at his head, and he isn’t particularly interested in such a thing).

Sunjata helps with sand bags!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
“Fuck,” was all that grated and hissed through her as her shirt was snagged, as the sandbag went flying, and as the emboldened finagling already seemed to come to naught. Not a creature to be deterred, even by the dumbest of things, the honeybee sneered and snarled, but didn’t let her stop her. “We’ll see,” she murmured back to Maeve, immediately learning absolutely nothing from previous antics, intending to pick up the slack.

Well, maybe slightly more careful.

Long limbs raced and eyes darted, watching for any other telltale things to come snapping back at her, reeling and forging onward with the dumbest of determination – stubbornness for the sake of being obstinate, tenacious, and defiant.

If hurling sandbags at his head wouldn’t have slowed her down all the more, she would’ve been sorely tempted.

--

Melita keeps on working.
Melita
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Despite the setback for Melita, they get everything done that they need to. The sandbags are stacked, the windows are boarded up, and everything is completed in record time. It's probably the fastest that they've prepared for the monsoons. Thankfully this isn't really necessary. Yay Safrin! Maeve wipes the sweat from her brow, letting out a breath as she squares her shoulders and acknowledges the ache in her shoulders from a day of work, looking at her two companions. "I think we're good. Hopefully it won't all be necessary, but glad it's done anyway."

She flashes a smile to both of them before jerking her head back towards the cart. "How about we return this and get a drink?" With the work done and the cart returned, the trio gets that drink and relaxes, knowing Torchline is more than prepared for anything to come.

~FIN <3~
Summertime sadness