just say when
Ru <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
angel loves to keep me spinning, much too high to see
that all these chains have started thinning & hell is breaking free
He hears the sound of her groan, the shuffling on her side of the bed, and Sunjata works his jaw in the pillow for a fraction of a second before pain sparks behind his eyes. He’s muffled as the memories come flooding back from the night before, a groggy sort of sound leaving him. “Shhh.” He manages, keeping the pillow pressed against his face. “Don't talk.” He half groans, managing to find enough willpower in him to move slightly, to unbury his head.

His eyes are still shut right as he does so, a hand coming up to press at his temples, massaging them in a slow circle, his wedding ring glinting in the light. After he’s processed everything a few moments longer, he manages to whisper. “S’not so bad at the time.” It’s a combination of his own exhaustion and the hangover, a mirror of Nate’s own accent flickering through that’s rubbed off on him. “Should’ve drank more water.” It’s another throaty whisper, hoarse from a parched throat.
every choice, every lie, demons that he kept inside
angel now that i've stopped spinning, could you come clean?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru

A snort of almost-there amusement escapes her at his pleading mutter. If she were capable of tapping into the bond mentally at this stage she'd use that, but honestly even she doesn't really want to talk. Words still seem too hard.

Which is why she instead turns her head to narrow her eyes at him when he is the one that keeps talking. Hypocrite much? She can hear Nate's accent in his voice, the way some vowels drag, and she swallows hard and turns to look back up at the ceiling. At least the pain is easier to focus on. "Too little too late," she murmurs, and her voice is a little too deadened, making her wince and search for something else to say. "And we can't check out shifted. Shame, I don't think animals have hangovers."

Forcing herself to move so she doesn't have to think about how they're laying side by side, Ru groans and cradles her forehead in one hand. "I'll...go look for actual clothes for you at the front desk." While her own night clothes aren't exactly decent, it's better than Sunjata's bare chest and multitude of scars and tattoos.
But I am just a broken machine
And I do things that I don't really mean
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
He supposes she’s right with the too little too late comment. It’s something that does arise a sharp shooting pain when he snorts in response, a rolling sensation of what can only be assumed to be the roll of his eyes sent down the bond. “Really? Y’dont think so?” He asks her, managing to pry one of his eyes open, his gaze softening at the sight of her hungover appearance, her sleep tousled hair.

He swallows and promptly closes his eyes, turning himself just enough to push himself up onto his knees, to thread his hands into his hair to pull it back from his eyes. He doesn’t look at her again, instead, working to keep the pulsing pain from his head. “You sure that’s a good idea? I can just… go to my room here and grab my other clothes.” He suggests, because after all, he’s sure the rumors would fly.

Especially if she showed up in her night clothes asking for clothes for him nonetheless.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

“If they do, then I want my Attunement revoked,” she jokes through her croaky throat. Really, it’s a fitting punishment for letting her emotions get the best of her and drinking so much in the first place, but it won’t stop her from whining about it. In contrast to Sunjata, Hotaru resolutely refuses to look at him. Sleep-soft and rumpled, she knows it will hurt more in the daylight, without the barrier of drunkenness to ease the sting.

As he follows her lead and also rises (halfway, neither is ready for full movement clearly) Ru huffs a pitiful laugh. If he leaves to his own room, they might as well say their goodbyes now, her traitorous brain whispers. What reason would he have to come back? “My reputation here is already blackened, what would it matter?” Too bitter. She backpedals, biting her cheek. Sunjata still has his own reputation to consider, his own family. It’s not fair to drag him down with her. “Though what you have is undoubtedly better than the spares they keep on hand. Case in point.” She waves her hand in a loose gesture at his sleep pants.

Lifting her legs to wrap her arms loosely around her splayed knees, Ru hangs her throbbing head between them, tilting one cheek onto her thigh. Hiding away from everything and wishing she had been blessed with a hermit crab shift or something similarly helpful. “Where do you think the vomit goes if you puke mid-portal?” she muses childishly into her knee. Distracting away from her own emotions as she has become adept at recently.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Consider it revoked.” He mutters, though aside from the pain of the hangover, there’s the pulse of humor that travels down the bond. He’s been hungover a few too many times in his varying shifts, and that is something he can attest to. Regardless, he quiets as he moves to sit up, settled on his knees, fingers and thumbs rubbing at his temples before he manages to get a breakthrough in relief – however miniscule it might be.

He squints over at her, raising a dark brow in quiet question as his hand slips away form his forehead to his ears, readjusting the earrings he’d accidentally slept in. “Y’know what? Maybe we should let ‘em talk.” He mutters, drawing up a bit straighter to run that same hand through his hair, finger coming it through as he considers it. “Why does it even matter? You’re in the Greatwood right? And I live in fucking King’s End.” Who even cared anymore?

In fact, he hardly remembers much of last night. Hardly remembers the conversation they’d shared. What he does know is that the clothes he slept in isn’t his, the fabric scratchy against his skin as he sits up straighter, casting his gaze over to her finally as she rests her head on her leg.

Her question drags him out of anything else he’d thought about, a snort leaving him that arises a fresh onset of throbbing pain. “Do you think there’s a portal crossroads maid?” He asks, equally as childish, amusement cascading down the bond. And in another moment of weakness, he moves slightly, turning himself to lay back beside her, to get his eyes used to the light of the room while he finds it in him to get up. “Or… It just blasts out the other side.” He hides his crookedly boyish smile in the crook of his arm, one steel eye peering up at her from where he’s landed beside her.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

A dry chuckle escapes her as he obliges her, and she pitifully imitates the sound of a gavel slamming decisively, halfheartedly doing the motion with her hands. Hidden between her knees as her face is, she misses the glance he sends her way, but the sudden spirit in his tone is enough to drag her up to squint back at him. Snorting, Ru angles a tilted smirk his way. "Historically, saying 'fuck it' has never gone well for either of us," she leads with, tone trailing away and expression turning impish, "but why start teaching the old dog new tricks now?" It's nothing they've never weathered before. She would care more for Nate and Kamaria, but gossip can't hurt them from so many miles away.

For now though, there are childish ventures and implications to consider, and Hotaru has to muffle her laughter into one knee to not give him the ego stroke of a full guffaw. As if he can't tell from the high perk of her cheeks that she's grinning like a loon as they catch eyes, his boyish smile contagious. "Think we could weaponize the drunken masses of Torchline?" Line them up before the portal and let them all go wild.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
See, that’s exactly it.” Sunjata rumbles with another soft chuckle, a huff of a sigh and a roll of his eyes. “Besides, in most cases saying ‘fuck it’ is far more fun.” Until the stakes got too high. But for this? It was minimal and Sunjata’s hungover and exhausted and he honestly doesn’t have a care in the world. So he teases her back with the question she gives, laying beside where she sits and stuffs his face into the crook of his elbow.

One steel eye slips over toward her as she laughs and he knows – even if she tries to hide it – that he’s gotten a surprising result out of her. So he hums his quiet chuckle in response to her contagious laughter too when she suggests weaponizing the drunken masses and all Sunjata can do is wince, remove the elbow from covering his eyes, groaning as his face scrunches up. “That’s fucking gross.” He chuckles, staring up at the ceiling. “In theory though I think we could.” He admits, flashing another playful smile her way before hauling himself up to stand as his head spins again.

Shall we then?” He offers his hand to her, wincing with each heartbeat he can feel prodding his brain. And once she accepts, he’s pulling her up to follow through with letting them talk.

- FIN <3