Thing One, Thing Two
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Harper

Elephants in Torchline? Not so uncommon a vision with Harper living on its shores. He is still wading around in the shallows leading to the first dotted island, splashing about by virtue of his massive size no matter how slowly he moves. As much as he loves the sky and the freedom his wings provide, capable of flying in ways he could never achieve even on the trapeze, there is something wholly peaceful and solid about his elephant form. Like an embodiment of stability and impenetrable shielding. Harper recalls Safrin commenting that the shape is dependent upon the soul, and large ears buffet at his face at the embarrassment the introspection brings, far too humble.

Peering down at a school of fish, he chases after them with his trunk, and then idly blows bubbles just for the simple joy of doing so.
Once I had been wasted land
but you have made me meadow green again
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige

Paige scrambles across rocks, pausing to sniff the air, little pink nose twitching as she looks out at the horizon. Her eyes widen at the sight of the elephant trumping through the shallows. Still unsure of how to tell if an animal was an Attuned or not, Paige is careful as she approaches, staying close to the ground on her belly before she stops at the edge of the shallows. Hello? What are you doing? Are you swimming?

She calls out, testing for that bond that connects all Attuned, trying to feel for anything of the other animals emotions. Her own curiosity and childlike wonder bubbling up along the bond.
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Harper

Elephants look pretty hilarious when they startle, as he does now when the young voice probes unexpectedly into his mind. Turning his dark eyes to the shore, he spots the slinky little body after a moment of searching; a bit difficult given her similar color to the surrounding sand, but the way she scampers about helps to draw the eye. Her voice is very familiar, but without a face to place it to Harper is left trying to sort through hundreds of Torchline faces.

I was going to swim out to one of the islands, yes! Just getting my feet wet first. Demonstrating with one giant foot that breaches the surface of the water with a splash to waggle around, sending droplets flying. It thunks back into the water summarily, another huge gush of water following. Want to come along? She wouldn't be able to get out there on her own, and by the youthfulness of her voice it wouldn't matter if she was human either.
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Paige

There is a palpable giggle along the bond that's followed by the sound of an actual giggle in his mind as she scurries closer to the edge of the water, watching as he splashes into the shallows, sending a few errant drops of salt water her way. I think they're plenty wet! The Attuned chirps, rising up onto her back feet, paws held to her chest as she sniffs the air, nose twitching. The offer has her excitement bubbling up in her chest, bright and burning along their shared bond, head nodding.

She can swim in this form. Very well actually. The water here is still shallow enough that it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. Even with the waves he was sending out with all his stomping around. Paige does a little wiggle and then leaps, flopping onto her belly in the water with a small splash, legs paddling as her otter like body propels her forward. Eventually making her way over to him, grabbing onto his trunk when she's close enough, hoping he'll get the hint to deposit her on his back or head or something. How far are you going?
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
Harper

Along the bond there is an abstract sensation of bubbles and pop rocks that Harper associated with laughter, and following it is the sound of the child’s amusement. His own delight ebbs and flows more like the tide, mature and controlled but no less enthused. Charmed as always by little hearts and minds. You're the expert! he assures, ceasing his stomping now that she has decreed he is sufficiently soaked.

His heart leaps in his chest as she throws herself into the surf, but luckily she doesn’t seem intent on making the long journey to the nearest island. Instead she comes his way, and Harper lowers his trunk obligingly as she grabs on with her nimble little paws. Lifting her, he deposits her safely at the crown of his head between two might ears before gesturing dramatically with his trunk towards the island. As far as we want to go! And without pause he wades into the water, tremendous body parting the waves like they are mere ripples. Within moments he is buoyant, giant legs kicking in tandem to begin crossing the ocean. You sound familiar little slinky. What’s your name? I’m Harper. The nickname rolls free easily, as does his name. Most everyone in Torchline knows him - or of him - but she is young and perhaps unaware.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige

Paige hasn't spent too much time with other Attuned and thus she's still not used to feeling their emotions alongside her own. So when she jumps into the water, feeling the flare of worry, instantly she believes something is wrong. That's until it disappears as she resurfaces. Oh. That was him! The discovery makes her smile inwardly as she paddles quickly, grabbing onto his trunk as it's lowered her way, letting him lift her up as if it's nothing. Once on top of his head, Paige stands on her hind legs, stretching herself up and up and up as if she can get a better view this way. That's until he starts moving and she has to lower herself to stay balanced.

Another peal of laughter skitters brightly along the bond and she lets her nose twitch in the breeze that ruffles through her fur. I know you, silly! You used to work at the big house with Auntie Maeve. Someone they both have in common and the first clue as to why she's so familiar to him. Probably because he'd spent many an afternoon playing with her and the other children when she was younger. My name is Paige, 'member?