free up the cheaper seats
locke
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Being back in King's End felt weird. When he was called away, the land was covered in snow and ice and in the depths of winter's firm grip. Now, the sun showed down on them warmly and the earth was sprinkled with the beautiful touches of flowers and berries and every so green green green. He moved from the cabins that he and his companions had built, placing snare traps along the way to hopefully catch the fat, spring rabbits as they pranced across the green. He knew that some of the snares would be tripped by blink hares, easy to pounce out of the trap in an instant. He set extra knowing this.

The hunter moved down towards the water, the breeze cooling as he did so. The green stayed as an ever-present, carpeting expanse only to be interrupted by the calm blue of the ocean. He stood just on the edge, letting the salty air blow his hair back. He took in several, deep breaths, listening as the gulls called around him. He knew Eira was flying above him, her golden eyes ever vigilant to warn of danger.

Sun is up, hold on to what is yours
Take up your spade and break ground
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The trek to and from King's End was less exciting when he knew where he was and where he was going. He had been armed with a basket of things for the twins because he's trying to be a good uncle, friend, whatever he is to them. As it stood, he was heading back to Torchline, a small bag of things he'd gathered on the way slung over one shoulder.

Something above him caught his attention, a shadow passing over him. He turned to look, squinting in the sunlight. A griffin maybe? He had only ever seen a few and he knew about Hai. Locke watches it for a moment before noticing a man further down the shoreline. Maybe it's.. owner? Companion? Well, curiosity killed the cat or whatever, right?

He makes his way towards the other man, "That your's up there? Or is it stalking you?" He's not offering to help or anything.
I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes
Cinnamon and sugary and softly spoken lies
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

Even before Locke could give away his approach by calling out to Noah, Eira had already given the demigod the warning. The hunter turned, lifting a brow at the question. He didn't answer at first, but took only a second to look the stranger up and down before speaking. "Uh, no. She's mine." Noah smiled, lifting his chin to look up towards the circling griffin. She was getting so big now, and more majestic with each turning day. She was growing into herself, and her kindness never dulled.

The griffin came down towards them in large arcs. Gliding to the earth and padding over to them, she looked Locke up and down in a similar way to Noah, and gave a few beak clacks in greeting. "She's not much of the stalking type." Noah chuckled, letting his hand wander idly to scratch the top of the griffin's feathered head.

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

Locke returns the look, humming softly. He's maybe seen the man before but he doesn't feel familiar. Either way, he's not bad looking, not that Locke is looking but old habits die hard. He hums softly, turning to watch the griffin as she makes her way down towards them. "S'pretty." A man of many eloquent words as always.

The griffin clicks her beak at him and he returns the gesture, snapping his teeth at her before wrinkling his nose. "I suppose not. I saw her from a few paces back. Had plenty of time to warn you too." Even if he had, momentarily, been curious to see what would happen.

"Name's Locke, by the way. Was thinking of doing some fishing. Hope I'm not interrupting anything." He's not very good at his in this form but he's pretty decent as a cat.. Most of the time.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

As Locke clacked his own teeth in response to her, the griffin puffed up. She was not sure whether it was an amiable sign or a threat, with all of his teeth showing. Noah felt the surge of worry over the bond and pressed his palm into the top of her head, trying to ease it. Thus far, the man did not seem to want to threaten them at all. In fact, the man suggested fishing.

"No, not interrupting anything at all. I was just setting some small game traps through the area and came here to wait a while to see what I would catch. Hopefully more than blink hares." Noah chuckled again. Hopefully the hunter did not curse his own luck with his traps. After all, Zeke had always been better at setting traps and snares. Noah had learned, but was admittedly better with his bow.

"I wouldn't mind helping catch some fish if you wouldn't mind the company."

Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He frowns for a brief second, not having meant to upset the griffin. She seems to calm down, maybe, with the help of her master. He can't quite read her but his face is still intact so that must mean something, right?

Locke hums softly, head tilting as he thinks. "Never tried catching blink hares, you know." How would that even work? Maybe he could as a snake. The man speaks again and pulls him from trying to figure out how blink hares would react to being poisoned. "Sure, I do hafta shift to fish properly though. Plus, the jaguar likes playing in the water." He's still not sure if he should treat it as himself or another being sharing his body. Because it both feels deeply like him and deeply different. Like a part of him so far stripped back he doesn't recognize it or something.

He shifts, all spotted and golden, before sinking into the water. It's still cold out yet but his fur keeps him warm enough. He growls softly to Noah, wading deeper. Not sure how a man and a cat can hunt together but who knows.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
I won't stop breathing 'til my heart stops beating
Noah gave Eira one more good scratch to the top of her head before sending her off. She could scout their snares to see how they were doing, but could also do her own hunting if she wanted. The griffin wanted no part in fishing -- none at all.

The hunter caught the way the man spoke of his shifts, as if it weren't still him. It was interesting. Noah had always seen shifts as extensions of the soul, and even their natural tendencies were still wrapped somewhere inside his human skin. "I used to have a lynx shift, but it did not like the water." Noah followed the man, and as he shifted he followed suit.

He does not follow him into the water as a man, but instead as a polar bear. As an attuned, then, do you follow the old gods? The bear asked as he settled into the water, waiting for the fish to return.

NOAH
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
rawr bitch
Locke watches the other man as he shifts, golden eyes narrowing. It's the first time he's interacted with an attuned beast bigger than himself. Save for Sunjata's dragon form but does that even count? Kind of not fair. He's also never seen a bear up close. Fish be damned, he stalks forward, drawing closer to inspect the other man. How has he never noticed how small and cute their ears are?

Noah's question rouses him away from cute bear ears, I suppose. I haven't gotten to the shrines much. Noah might notice a trickle of annoyance as it leaks across the bond. Not at the question but at the gods, maybe? Isn't that how this works? Follow the old gods and they turn you? It's a strange question and he's not sure how he feels about it.

But there's fish to be caught and his thoughts on the gods aren't exactly complex. And you? Since you're so curious?
LOCKE