Personal Quest all the pretty little ponies
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I thought that love was in the drugs
But the more I took, the more it took away
"Heh. Hello." Adam said with a smile, petting the unicorn. He'd always had a soft spot for horses and had worried, somewhere in the back of his mind, that since his Ascension the sensitive creatures wouldn't like him anymore. That didn't seem to be the case though, and as Maeve gave the instruction to get out their ropes he used one hand to do so, keeping the other busy stroking the unicorn's nose.

Gently, slowly, he raised the rope, hoping to keep the unicorn calm while he slipped it over it's head and neck, loosely letting it hang there. If the creature was relaxed, he hoped he wouldn't have to use any kind of tight or rough hand with the rope. "Good unicorn. I'll take you somewhere real fucking nice, with treats and stuff."

--
Adam tries to gently get the rope around the unicorns neck.
And I could never get enough
ADAM
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray gives a Maeve a nod but makes no further acknowledgment, attention never fully leaving the unicorns. Rubbing the neck of her horse soothingly, she urges them to approach the herd. "Hi sweethearts." Ray calls out to the unicorns in a soft voice. Making no sudden movements, she reaches for her rope.

Once the rope is out and she's within range, Ray focuses on a single unicorn. Still making a soothing noise, she lets the rope fly. The entire time, she keeps talking to the unicorn in the most calming voice she can so as not to scare them further. If she's lucky, they won't startle too badly over the rope.

Ray tries to get in close and rope a unicorn. She's trying to talk to them soothingly the entire time.
In death
And in what comes after
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Clinging to the ruin of your broken home, too lost and hurting to carry your load
You know we all need someone to hold
Harper catches Maeve’s glance and gives her a reassuring smile as he easily falls into line at her direction. This had been the easiest part last time, but he doesn’t want to jinx it by thinking it would be the same this time around. There’s not exactly an abundance of wood to knock on.

Pulling his lasso, Harper keeps projecting his calm disposition, glad his mount is similarly minded as they sidle closer. Once he feels confident that his target isn’t the same as someone else’s, and that he’s within good distance, he flings the lasso out at his chosen unicorn and hopes for the best.
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Change author:
Summer's over, love had left me screaming at the screen
Oh, and it's understood that the both of us are no good
Melita’s chagrined expression has Bart snorting and rolling his eyes her way as both the unicorns closest to them whicker their objections and dance away. Just their luck. Luckily they don’t bolt entirely, leaving them the chance to pursue (at a walk, Bart doesn’t want to spook them further) without having to chase them through the unfamiliar land entirely.

He’s certainly not a tried hand at the lasso, but enough summers with his Nonna ensure he’s not a slacker either. Hopefully that average middle ground will be enough for his attempt. If not, well, at least his horse will have to be the one running and not him if they’ve gotta chase the unicorn down. So with that he launches his lasso at one of the unicorns, hoping for the best.
When I go, bury me six feet in snow
BARTHOLOMEW
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
How lucky everyone seems to be. Even those who don't get it on the first try! Lassos go out, settling around necks and securing their charges, but Ray and Harper struggle for only a moment. Thankfully their calm demeanors and soothing words allow them to try again without the unicorns bolting. Maeve let's out a sigh of relief, "Very good, everyone. Now, let's start heading for home. It won't be too hard, I don't think."

Maeve clicks her tongue, heels pressing into the sides of her mount as she urges it forward, keeping a tight hold on the rope in her hand. She checks behind her to make sure everyone else falls on line. Onward to the Feverlands!

Lead your horses towards the next board!

Last post in this leg of the PQ!

Maeve
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Melita didn’t hold back her surprise – eyes rounding, widening, swiftly turning her head to Bart to catch his reaction – as the lasso settled over the unicorn. Careful not to let her excitement, ebullience, and absolute enthusiasm pushing through her figure circumvent and collide amongst the fold (surely the equines would take off), she eased a few breaths. “Excellent job,” she patted her own mount, and maybe it was partially due to the massive creature’s calm composure, that she’d been able to do anything at all.

“Okay then you beauty,” she whispered to the unicorn, and gods the temptation to reach out and touch it was very, very high, “Let’s go home.” So the honeybee and her horse, placid and completely unbothered by the whole situation, started following the line of others, hand firmly around the rope.

--

Melita tries to lead her unicorn!
to be the sun
MELITA
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 9427
Clinging to the ruin of your broken home, too lost and hurting to carry your load
You know we all need someone to hold
Blowing out a breath of relief when his failed attempt doesn’t scare off the unicorn, Harper urges his horse closer once it is properly roped. He doesn’t touch it, but he hopes the closeness of his mount will encourage it to begin bonding, watching as the two tentatively offer their noses to each other. Better than kicking and squealing at least.

Casting his gaze around at the others, Harper doesn’t hide his relief to see that it was smooth sailing for everyone else - the entire herd has been captured and corralled between the horses. Maeve begins to lead them out, and Harper wraps the length of rope around the horn of his saddle and follows their Queen.
Nurse

Age: 37 | Height: 6’1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Change author:
Summer's over, love had left me screaming at the screen
Oh, and it's understood that the both of us are no good
Bart’s reaction is just as bug-eyed as Melita’s, and he barks a laugh when they both automatically look to each other in wonder at their own success. When the unicorn he had roped pins its ears at the sound he chuckles apologetically, wincing. His Nonna must be somewhere shaking her head in blatant wonderment at his success, but Bart isn’t going to be the one to question it.

Seems the others had the same amount of luck, and he hopes it holds out because this is already going to undoubtedly be a long ass journey. No sense in dawdling at the start then - Bartholomew urges his horse onward, the unicorn hopefully following once it feels the pressure of the lasso around its neck.
When I go, bury me six feet in snow
BARTHOLOMEW
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
It's harder than Ray expected or hoped, but she eventually gets her unicorn roped. Gently pulling the unicorn in, she adjusts her grip on the two equines. One hand holding her horse's reins while the other holding the unicorn's lead securely against her saddle. The herbalist hopes it'll make for a secure and steady ride.

One they're situated, Ray clicks her tongue and gently nudges her horse into motion. "Come on, lovely." She croons to the unicorn, giving them a gentle tug to get them moving as well. The Attuned his hoping to get the unicorn to fall in step with her horse so that she can keep an eye on them and keep them calm.

Ray leads her unicorn!
In death
And in what comes after
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I thought that love was in the drugs
But the more I took, the more it took away
The rope slipped over the unicorn's head and onto it's neck without issue, Adam smiling lopsidedly and scritching the bottom of it's chin and the ears. "Good unicorn. We're gonna take you off to Torchline, I think? It's cool there. Maybe you can have a fuckin' nice beach day with a cute unicorn date or something." He rambled away, starting the trek off with everyone else.

Once, he'd spent most of his time with his horse. Walking along, he was reminded of Flash, the huge black stallion that had accompanied him on his stealing work on the roads. Adam hoped he was being taken cared of, had gotten plenty of treats and rests and rides since he'd gone.

--
Adam walks along with everyone else, Unicorn in tow.
And I could never get enough
ADAM
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
It's slow going at first. The unicorns unsure of what's happening, but as the others move along those that were hesitant become more comfortable, content to follow the rest of the herd. Maeve keeps their pace steady, not daring to go too fast, unwilling to risk any of the unicorns at this rate. It makes for slower travel, but by the time it grows close to sunset they cross into the Feverlands, entering their next portion of the journey.

"Just stay together. There are plenty of things out here that would likely love to have us for a meal." The Queen reminds everyone as they press into the swamp.

This leg of the PQ is done! Please stand by for the next split thread!

Maeve