feed the birds
Sylvia
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

The Ningo Farm isn’t a place Wessex normally frequents; not because she doesn’t like the silly birds, but because she doesn’t need to eat. And when she thought about it, she could waste her energy trying to hunt a Ningo out in Snowcloak and get some feathers from it, or she could go to where the birds are plentiful, and the feathers are probably free.

It’s an easy choice, and Wessex is all about making life easier right now.

Falling into the short line, the Wraith dutifully waits her turn once the Farm store opens, quite sure that she’ll have the most unusual purchase of the day. The line, however, doesn’t seem to be moving quickly and that sets the demigod’s impatient streak a-blazing, as she starts to visibly fidget from her place behind a rather large man.
there was a time that we were kind, but now
don't write me, you're not fooling anyone
Sylvia Miraasdottir
Huntress, Survivalist

Age: 25 | Height: 65 in | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Claire Offline
Change author:
Silvia sighed again, a common occurrence since she started her Sila. She was still preparing, getting everything she needed to cross the Tundra and leave Halo. On her list, not that she wrote it down, was fletching. She was fairly good with a bow and hunting was going to be a necessity. Crafting arrows wouldn't be too difficult as long as she had some to start with. So she'd trapped a few smaller animals, killed them and made sure they were prepared properly. Now she had plenty of meat and small furs she could use as barter.

As was usual for her, she was covered in her furs, warm and toasty, though it was difficult to get a real assessment of her build over all. Sylvia enters the Farm's store, knowing of the people that worked here helped her anxious nature stay at bay. She waved at the two doing business at the counter as she removed her face protection and hood. Then without missing a beat she walked to the end of the line behind a...

Sylvia sniffed the air, it was an odd mix to her. The woman Sylvia stood behind was hard, a rock in the middle of a frozen land. It struck Sylvia as odd that the woman seemed so irritated. These were of course Sylvia's first impressions as she assessed the woman. Still she smiled, "You have been waiting long?" Sylvia's voice was light and curious, a softly spoken compared to the usual rugged voices that carried in the cold.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX

It’s true, no one’s ever said Wessex is soft and yielding. Not even her lovers.

The past few years have made her even harder, ruling and teleportation creating the kind of environment where the now-General doesn’t often have to wait. She can’t help but think of the other things she could be doing, how she could have come here at night and stolen one, left some money on the counter. Just got it done instead of playing along with the ‘right’ way to do shit. And she’s so wrapped up in her thoughts that she doesn’t notice she’s no longer last in line.

A voice has her whirling around though the question takes a moment to register. “About thirty minutes?” she says with a bit of a tight-lipped frown.

Luckily for both of them, the man in front of Wessex finally moves, and so she takes a step forward as well. Some of her impatient ticks seem to momentarily ease.
Sylvia Miraasdottir
Huntress, Survivalist

Age: 25 | Height: 65 in | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sylvia sighs with relief at the woman's response. 30 minutes was far below what she usually thought she'd have to wait. Often times when her brothers or father handled this sort of task, or even her mother for that matter, she'd have to stay here for an hour or more. She smiled happily at the woman even though the woman was frowning.

"I think that is good. I use to wait an hour or so as a girl." She laughs lightly and nods as they move up. "I am here for fletching for arrows. These birds are well cared for so they tend to work well for them, and the meat is delicious."

Sylvia isn't used to making small talk but she had picked up a thing or two already. "What are you here for then?" She keeps her kind smile on her lips, hoping that the woman who definitely looked like she could handle herself may take a shining to Sylvia. An hope that was built on her need to journey away from Halo for a time, a chance to learn and better herself in what ever way she needed to.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

An hour? Conceited as it may sounds, Wessex can’t remember the last time she’d waited an hour for something. Maybe she’s more out of touch than she thinks she is. That thought alone hits her kind of hard and though she’s caught up in a slurry of hurry up and wait feelings, the General tires to soften, offering an awkward half-smile of acknowledgement.

“Feathers for me too. I’m working on a shrine for the Eirachi outside of Halo. She requires a number of uniquely Halovian items.” Tilting her head a bit to regard the redhead, Wessex finds she can’t recall ever having met her before. “Are you… a hunter, then?” That seemed the best explanation for needing fletching.
Sylvia Miraasdottir
Huntress, Survivalist

Change author:
Silvia nods, "I am. Born and raised. Mum says I have a good nose for tracking. Though it's not always about the nose." The Red head smirked. "Sometimes it's all about where they're heading and how fast you can cut them off. Getting in the mind of the Prey and looking from their eyes...It helps I'm small and quick too." Her head tilted to the side and her arms crossed as she puzzlingly looked the woman up and down.

Sylvia was sure she'd seen her before though she couldn't remember when or where. As far as Eirachi was concerned, Sylvia tended to pay lip service to the Divine for allowing the hunt to be fruitful, but she didn't know anything about Eirachi in truth more than whispers.

"I wasn't aware that people outside of Halo would want a Shrine to Eirachi. Where are you building it?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

“Yeah,” Wessex agrees with a small nod. “Gotta understand their habits and the choices they’ll instinctively make when threatened.” After a short moment of consideration, she glances towards the door and the outside. “I was a hunter too, at one point.” In another life, it seems, though she still occasionally hunts when the need arises. If not for her, then for others. And of course, the girl is clever, landing on something the Wraith had privately worried about. Her head wavers from one side to the other.

“I’m not sure they do, but I owe a favor and I always make good. This one’ll be going to King’s End.” And the second, to Torchline. She sighs, suddenly weighted with the burden of it all, but no sooner does the sound leave her mouth then the line moves forward again.

Wessex moves with it. “I don’t suppose you’ve seen a new girl around here, have you? She’s about this tall -” she goes on to describe Mabel, but gives away little more than her physical description.
Sylvia Miraasdottir
Huntress, Survivalist

Change author:
Sylvia looks the woman up and down in consideration as she admitted to being a hunter at one time. "Oh! That's wonderful!" She stepped a little closer smiling genuinely, "Maybe we can compare styles, things I'll need for a long hunt, you're obviously strong and, maybe you wouldn't mind giving me hints and tricks for hunting alone, I'm usually with my family and they're always planning everything and now I'm all alone and want to make sure I survive to see them again." Her voice was soft but quick and her sentences were running on in her excitement.

She does pause to listen to Wessex's other comments and question however, "I haven't seen anyone by that description I'm sorry maybe we can look for her together is she your friend do you go hunting together what's the biggest thing you've hunted?" As the line moved forward Sylvia stayed close to Wessex, obviously enamored by the woman.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Oh. This is unexpected - all of it. The praise warms her on the inside even as she struggles to keep up with what’s being said. “Sure, I’m always happy to talk - in fact, I need a luxere’s antlers next for this shrine, so if you’d like to join me later in the season, I’d be happy to show you a couple of tips and tricks. If you like.” Wessex is no Halovian, but there are some techniques that she’s sure rings true for all hunters.

And just as she’s about to answer the questions about Mabel, the last person clears the line. Wessex turns with a small sound of surprise and steps up to the harried-looking attendant. “A bird’s worth of Ningo feathers, please.” It doesn’t appear to be something they have immediately at the counter, so the person disappears for a moment and Wessex turns back to Sylvia. “She’s my sister - the girl I described. I’m Wessex. You are?”
Sylvia Miraasdottir
Huntress, Survivalist

Change author:
Sylvia felt giddy. She felt like she was making a friend, a knowledgeable and strong friend. "I'm looking for antlers too! I need strong ones for a new bow I want to craft! Two hunters are always better than one." She grinned as excitement lit up her eyes and there was a feral look to them.

As the woman changed her attention Sylvia's mind raced at the thought of all the woman could teach her. Sylvia considered herself an ample huntress, but on her Sila...she needed to grow and bring back more than just her own strength. She needed to strengthen her family with new ways to hunt, new stories to tell by the fire on a Hunt Night.

It took Sylvia a moment to reply and come back from her thoughts. She nodded shyly, a little embarrassed her head had been in the clouds, then replied, "I'm Sylvia, my family are all Hunters here in Halo." Wessex. The name sounded familiar but Sylvia couldn't place it. She was horrible with names unless she actually met someone or heard the name in tale over and over again. "After I get my bird do you want help finding your sister?" She knew the streets well enough and it wouldn't be hard, so Sylvia thought, to take some of her time to help her new friend.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX

Delighted by Sylvia’s enthusiasm, Wessex chuckles again. “Alright, well then let’s see what we can do.” A tacit, tentative agreement - nothing concrete,but with any luck the two of them would be able to make it happen. Her nails drum on the counter as she waits, anxious to get going now that she’s finally at the front of the line, but not wanting to be rude. “Nice to meet you, Sylvia.” Extending her hand to offer a friendly shake, she’s cut off from saying more by the cashier.

He returns trailing feathers and a small sack, which he plunks down on the counter without first putting on the scale. “Flat fee,” he announces, and Wessex nods, handing over some metal coins. She reaches for the sack and then turns back to the young woman and shakes her head. “You aren’t the first to say you haven’t seen her. And if I can’t reach her up here -” tapping a finger to her temple, Wessex frown, “- then she probably isn’t in Halo. Thank you though. I’ll be back and look you up soon.”

{Fin}