Training sometimes life's okay
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The beach is relatively quiet as he leads Maeve to the edge of the water. He's not sure what's got everyone else preoccupied but he's simply hyped up to be able to spend some real time with her. She's always so busy and Edmund is always around, not that he doesn't want that but he's maybe a little selfish. Honestly, he's feeling a little giddy. Or maybe really giddy. Nervous maybe?

Either way, he puts the basket and blanket down as he lets go of her hand. He stands there for a moment before turning to look at her over his shoulder. "You wanna race or something? Go for a swim? Can you swim?" He needs to burn this energy so he can focus.
I'ma do the things that I wanna do

I ain't got a thing to prove to you
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve doesn't often find herself with free time anymore. A rather strange concept given the fact that she used to have nothing but free time. Instead it's filled with meetings, preparations, research, and raising a son. Not only that, but rebuilding her relationship with Locke. They've been taking things slow since that night in the garden. They haven't really talked too much yet, but she knows it'll come. Instead, they've simply been enjoying each other in the moments they can steal away. This is one of those moments.

Her fingers give his a squeeze as they walk along the beach, the rains breaking for what will likely only be a few hours, giving them the chance to sneak down to the beach for some time together. They stop at the edge of the water and she glances out towards the ocean before her eyes slip back to him, taking in the hazy outline of his silhouette in the muted sunshine that peeks through the clouds. "Still haven't gotten that down just yet." Her last attempt was with Remi dragging her through the water, but she's not sure she really counts that as swimming.

A race though? That was something she needed to do. That she needed to win. Her lips curl into a playful grin and she takes a few steps back, getting her boots off and dropping them onto the blanket, "I bet I'm faster than you still."
the only heaven I'll be sent to
is when I'm along with you
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

He cocks one eyebrow, head tilting to the side as he regards her. "You'll get there." He says it very matter-of-factly, as if he can tell the future or something. He can't but he's here now, right? He can teach her and Edmund together. Family shit or something. His head tilts to the other side as she pulls her boots off.

"Yeah? You think?" He's got longer legs but that doesn't mean much. He looks around for a moment before drawing a line in the sand. "Alright. From here to that tree down the way and back. You see it? The one that's bent, kinda like a dick." Who knows what kind of dicks he's been seeing but still. It's pretty clear. "I'll let you count the mark." Only because then she can't say he was cheating.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

She can't hear his thoughts or feel his emotions, but she can read the look in his eyes and it might as well be the same thing. Her lips quirk into a soft smile at the comment, head dipping in a nod as the wind tugs at her loose curls, "Edmund will want to learn eventually. It can be a family affair." She drawls, giving words to the idea that's already in his head, dropping her boot onto the blanket unceremoniously.

That really is the question. What kind of dicks have you been seeing lately, Locke? Maeve's head cocks to the side and she huffs out a laugh, turning to grin at him, never one to ignore a friendly competition. She shifts towards the line, lowering herself into a sprinters pose, drawing in a breath. "On your mark... Get set... Go." Maeve takes off like an arrow loosed from a bow, flying down the beach towards the tree, not daring to look back at him as she does.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He hums softly, the idea of doing things as a family still makes him feel all fluttery and stupid. But he has a race to win and then he can think about teaching his son and whatever Maeve is to him to swim. He lets her count the mark, waiting for a breath after she starts to run before taking off after her.

He has two advantages here. He is taller, and he can shift. He doesn't, at first, simply trying to keep up with her. He's been a little lax in his working out the last few months and it's clear she hasn't been. Just as she starts to really pull ahead, he shifts into a sleek, massive cat. He gives her a little wink as he passes her by. Sorry Maeve, you didn't say shifting was off the table.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve feels the start of a burn in her legs, the ache in her lungs as she pushes herself forward, feet pounding against the packed sand as she sprints towards the tree. Her gaze is centered and focused, almost unaware of Locke beside her, but then he shifts. A growl of frustration rises in her throat and without even thinking she lunges forward. Her entire body flies through the air, landing on his back and attempting to push him into the ground, uncaring of teeth or claws that he could sling back at her. Deep down she knows he wouldn't dare hurt her. Even if she was on his back.

When she makes him slow, Maeve tries to get back to her feet, scrambling to get her momentum again as she grits her teeth. She was going to win. There was no other option.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Tackling him is the last thing he expected her to do. Maybe stab him or throw something at him but tackling him? He weighs at least twice as much as she does and probably then some. But the added weight is enough to make him falter and he falls, rolling onto his side as she rolls off of him.

He lays there for a moment, watching her run down the beach away from him before he pushes himself up again. This time on two legs. He's pretty sure he can't catch up to her like this but at least he'll be able to tackle her himself. He takes a deep breath before continuing down the beach.

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was unexpected and perhaps that's why it was so successful. Maeve sprints, pumping her arms and her legs harder, lungs burning as she grows closer to the penis tree. She doesn't know he's shifted back. Doesn't know he's gaining on her with the same intent of tackling her. No, the Nightshade is too concerned with winning. Her toes dig into the sand, kicking it up behind her, sweat beading on her brow as her muscles protest at being pushed so hard. Only when she's close to the tree, arm extending out to touch the trunk of it, did she look back at him.

Her fingers brush the bark just as he gets close enough to lunge at her and tackle her into the sand. Maeve lets out a yelp as she hits the sand, but it quickly morphs into a growl, twisting beneath him and rolling them in the sand.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

She wins, on a technicality, but really, he's the winner here. They roll and twist in the sand before he's finally got her pinned down. It's simply that he's bigger is all. He hovers over her, leaning close but not quite touching noses. "Looks live I've won. I'm the king of Torchline now, sorry Kitten." He snaps his teeth at her, just a breath from her nose before leaning down to kiss it. He lingers a moment longer before rolling off of her into the sand.

"Can race me back. Maybe if you win, you can have your title back."

Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He pins her into the sand and Maeve instinctually arches against him, squirming in his grip as he snaps at her and she flashes her teeth in a playful snarl, getting a wrist loose while he's distracted. Only when he's bending to kiss her nose does she seize his jaw, nails biting into skin as she holds him in place, leaning up to nip sharply at his bottom lip. "I'll let you be king for now, but soon you'll be kneeling for your Queen where you belong." She purrs, dark promise in her voice before she releases him, rolling back onto her feet and leaving him there to flounder.

A smirk stays on her lips as she sprints to the finish line, waiting for him to try and catch her all over again if only so she can remind him just who is in charge here.

~FIN <3~