I'll leave the light on
Mildew
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires f a l l when we move the i m m o v a b l e
Feeling a little naive for being surprised by Mildew’s question, Wessex has to remind herself once again that appearances are deceiving. Her laugh is bitter and short before she replies. “Are the Old Gods any help? Their heralds? No one I know wants war except for maybe the Order, we just want to live peacefully.” Because the end she speaks of is not certain for the other races, despite how it may feel. “I think the Voice and myself have made some mistakes in the past, but we aren’t going around killing anyone because of who they worship.” They aren’t using people as bait, they aren’t making doors that kill.

“It’s only the end of our world. Literally. If the Voice dies, we’ll die too.” Wessex says quietly, stopping completely for a moment. Statuesque except for the way her head slowly sinks a bit and her expression falls. “But without a herald or a God, Caido will live on. Do we deserve to die because for whatever reason, we chose a different path? Not inherently good or bad. Just different.”

Hell, some might argue that Remi is a bad person, or the Order members, or even the smugglers and thieves of Torchline. Smiling gratefully at the offer, Wessex nods and watches as Mildew summons the local wildlife for assistance. “I thought that might be the case, but thank you nonetheless. I really do appreciate it.” Though she’s obviously disappointed and still worried, it’s for no lack of effort or fault of either of them.
WESSEX
Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Mildew

She rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn't you love to love her?
Mildew did note, in her own mind, that Wessex didn't really answer her question - danced around it with another. She didn't point it out though, that in of itself enough of an answer for her to ponder over. "Oh yes. The Order...I met them. They're very self important." She laughed. "I don't think they'll get very far if they insist on being so militant." Whether or not she wanted them to succeed was left unsaid.

"The Voice has put you in a difficult position, to be sure." Turning around the perspective on the situation, she sighed. "I wish there were easy answers, dear."

At the very least, they had worked together to try and find Mabel, even if they had not in the end. "Hm. If your friend is an Ascended, wouldn't the Voice perhaps have an idea of where she is? I don't know how closely she tracks you all, but..." She shrugged; maybe it was worth a try.
She rules her life like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
empires f a l l when we move the i m m o v a b l e
Sighing needlessly down an octace, Wessex laughs breathily at the end. “Me too. Very much so.” Hell, she’d like anything at this point to be easy. But such are the circumstances they’re in, and no amount of wishing or wanting will change it - even if both of them have magic.

“That was my next stop. I do try to be independent, of course. Can’t go running to Mama with every problem.” She makes an effort to twist her expression into something like a wry grin, but it’s very forced. Missing sisters aren’t all that funny. Extending a hand to Mildew, she offers a shake in thanks. “I really do appreciate your help. If you’re ever in the Grounds or need something that might be up an Ascended’s alley, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Wessex means it, and she hopes the other demigod can see that. Turning to face the empty swamp, Wessex shakes her head, tucks her hair behind her ears, and teleports back to the Grounds.

{Fin}
WESSEX