[split] unfamiliar coasts
Cameron Davis
Artist

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"That's fair," Cam replied. "It's probably more fun that way."

The family Cam stayed with was gathered around the dinner table -- once upon a time, Cam might have been there with them, but they didn't eat anymore. And, in truth, they hadn't really liked eating around other people even when they still needed to. Their eating disorder made them picky about their food -- dangerously picky, in a place like Caido, without fast food joints and multivitamin supplements -- and turning down things they didn't want to eat always embarrassed them.

"This is Lilliane," Cam added. "She just arrived in Caido and needs somewhere to stay -- I was hoping you knew someone. She's a chef, so she can pull her weight."

The head of the family, the mother, stood and came over to Cam and Lilliane, looking her up and down.

cameron ?

"Cameras" by Ennev is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Slightly intimidated about suddenly being at the center of attention, Lilliane greeted the woman with a nervous smile. "Hi." Meeting one new person was not really a problem once she got over the initial awkward feeling. But meeting so many at once was something she was neither good at nor happy about.

Still, if there was one thing she was confident in, it was cooking. "I uh, think I'll have to learn a bit since you probably have all kinds of different ingredients here compared to where I'm from. But I know the preparation techniques and much of it will probably work for food here as well."
Lilliane
Cameron Davis
Artist

Age: 30 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

The family responded well to Lilliane, the matriarch breaking into a broad smile. "Yes, I think I know someone who can take you in. After dinner Mary will take you over to talk to them. Why don't you sit down with us? There's plenty for all."

This invitation was directed at Lilliane and Cam both, though the family had mostly stopped inviting Cam to eat with them, realizing how awkward it was for an Ascended who didn't actually want food. Still, tonight Cam figured they'd stick around to make Lillaine more comfortable. It would be good for Lilliane to meet more people in Caido -- people who weren't Outlanders, who had their lives and roots here. And, as the matriarch had said, after dinner, they'd make arrangements so she had somewhere to stay.

It seemed like Lilliane's life in Caido was off to a good start.

- FIN

cameron ?

"Cameras" by Ennev is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0