my heart is yellow
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i promise you i will learn from all my mistakes
Tobi smiles crookedly and shrugs her shoulders as if to say, we both knew we'd mess this up; such was par for the course when it came to Finntober.

With her lips parted and her dark eyes wide, Tobi can't help her astonished silence as Finn makes a proper joke. Torn between kissing him and bursting into laughter, the doctor opts for the latter. "You do have a habit of getting dressed when I'm not watching..." Tobi laughs. "I suppose you could have anything at all under all of that." She says, nodding toward his classic outfit choice of perfectly pressed and understated.

Gods, but she really does love Finn, even as she shakes her head with mock condescension. "Anchorchiefs." She answers, rolling her eyes playfully. 'You know, instead of handkerchief."
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
we are all broken
"Anything at all," Finn agrees, with a crooked little smile just for Tobi. Of course, they both know that he is a boxers guy - lingerie and heels belong only in jokes made at Cian's expense, and those only take place behind securely locked doors. And given that he has assumed that Tobi's question about sailors has been a genuine one, he's about to suggest that he go and get them something to drink when she gives the punchline.

The punchline that has Finn's expression befuddled enough that it's probably funnier than any joke Tobi might have made. "I..." Blinking, he itches at the stubble on his chin. "Well, I suppose if they were attached to anchors they wouldn't get lost. Though when the ship came into port they would get very wet..." Is he joking? Is he not? That is half the fun, of course.

"So where would you like to go first, in the Greatwood?"
that’s how the light gets in
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Tobi can't help but imagine Finn without clothes as they continue to joke about it, such that she finds herself feeling a touch flushed. Clearing her throat and shifting slightly, Tobi nudges Finn's side as she widens her eyes at him. "This is the part where you're supposed to ask me." That's how dates are meant to work, Finn.

Watching Finn's expression carefully, Tobi scrunches her nose at him. "Finn..." She says warningly as if disappointed, hoping to catch him off guard with a quick kiss should he turn her way to explain himself.

Pulling in a quick breath and humming it out, Tobi glances up toward the sky thoughtfully. "I think...Well I've read about the waterfall they have where the water runs red." And it's definitely the colour, and not any shenanigans that the proximity of a waterfall might encourage that's the reason Tobi wants to see it.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
we are all broken
Swaying a bit as he's nudged, Finn's eyes widen as he realise he has been unintentionally rude. "Oh, I'm sorry," he murmurs, glancing back to Tobi with an expression that somehow manages to be deadpan despite the ridiculousness that escapes from his lips. "October, are you a boxers or briefs kind of guy?" he inquires.

The quick kiss, of course, melts his expression into something much warmer, and it's only heightened by the flush to his cheeks. "I will stop," he assures her regarding anchorchiefs, though he is still keen to know what she might prefer in terms of underwear.

"Ah, the Crimson Cataract," he says with a nod. "The red water is caused by an algae. I have heard that you need to be careful if you approach it, though. The algae grows very quickly on any surface it touches. But the waterfall is meant to be quite beautiful." Finn absolutely isn't thinking of shenanigans. He's thinking of the horror of getting algae in all sorts of places.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi very much wants to scold Finn for what he has to know is the wrong question (though with Finn one could never quite tell), but it's all so wonderfully ridiculous that the doctor can do little else but burst out laughing. Smoothing out her dress over her thighs as if to hide the answer, for one ludicrous moment Tobi thinks to suggest that Finn might slide his hand up her leg and find out for himself. Of course neither of them are the sort for those sorts of shenanigans in public, and nor is she wearing boxers or briefs. But something in his smile has her feeling wildly reckless and brave the way one might on a first (or second) date. "Well," Tobi begins, sitting up straight and eyeing Finn over her shoulder. "-I think I'd be a briefs sort of guy. " As soon as the words are out of her mouth, Tobi frowns and reconsiders. "Although...it would be nice when wearing dresses or skirts not to have to worry about the wind blowing the fabric around...so maybe boxers would be better." And if that happened to put the image of Tobi in some Marilyn-Monroe type situation in Finn's mind? So be it.

Still beaming and a touch flushed, Tobi nods thoughtfully as Finn describes the Cataract noting how he pronounces it with a hard g unlike her. "Interesting...I wonder if there are any medical applications the algae could be used for." If it could cover someone quickly, perhaps it could be used in healing, or bandaging. "Are...there any unicorns in the Greatwood that you know of...?" Tobi asks casually, though her tone does drop a touch just in case.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
we are all broken
Finn hmms along with Tobi's explanation, as though he's actually considering the options (he's considered them before when it comes to his own preferences and they both know it), though the way the pink in his cheeks intensifies suggests that he is very much imagining a Monroe like moment. "Mm, we would not want that," he agrees, casting a sidelong glance in her direction and perhaps letting the smallest smile curl across his lips.

Then they're onto the Crimson Cataract, though, and gods at least he can concentrate on that for the time being. "Perhaps the fae would know," he suggests. "I would be concerned that it would cover too much too quickly. What if it blocked an airway?" he muses. And whilst Tobi's voice lowers, Finn's remains as steady and nonchalant as ever. "I don't think they are native to the Greatwood, no," he says, clearly missing her point. "But there are plenty to be found in King's End, so I have heard."
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
It has never occurred to Tobi before to see if she could rile Finn up. Normally she does everything in her power to keep him as even and comfortable as was possible, but something about the pink of his cheeks and the shadow of a smile on his lips had her wondering if there was a breakpoint that Finn wouldn't mind being pushed towards. On second thought though, there probably wasn't. 'Boxers it is then. For puritanical reasons.' Tobi says with a decisive nod.

"Well....maybe it needs a surface that isn't hydrophobic? Or else it would have taken over the entire Greatwood if it could simply spread anywhere. So maybe if a liquid was applied to the areas where the algae was meant to cover, it wouldn't spread anywhere else." Tobi suggests as she stretches her legs out and crosses her ankles. Perhaps they could test it out once they arrived.

"Ah, okay." Disappointed, but only by a shade, Tobi turns away from the pathway in her mind that leads down to an afternoon of galloping through the trees with Finn on her back. There was certainly no use risking being found out, especially by someone like Remi or Ronin.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
we are all broken
Boxers it is, and Finn nods and clears his throat, as if he might be able to expel any heated thoughts that try to stampede through his mind. Luckily, Tobi takes mercy on him (whether she realises it or not) and they turn their conversation towards more practical things. "Oh, perhaps you are right. I didn't bring anything with me to take a sample, but perhaps you can pick something up in the Sidhe Village." Or maybe they'll pack a picnic and forget all about it and go for a long stroll in the Greatwood.

Having been oblivious to the Attuned parts of Tobi's train of thought, Finn instead turns his attention back out towards the side of the skyboat and the thick cloud and sunbeams that pierce through them. "Oh, look..." They are over land now - the Feverlands, it looks like, the swamp a smattering of murky colour far below."
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Moving one of her feet as if to direct Finn's attention to the bag beneath the bench, Tobi grins and bobs her eyebrows. "Oh I'm sure I have something with me we could use." Indeed she did. She also had bandages, various drugs, and other first-aid supplies that might prove useful. "I can use you as a test subject during lunch." Tobi suggests with a grin, and, not unlike Finn lately, it's hard to know if she's kidding or not.

"Mmm?" Turning her head over her shoulder, the doctor regards the moulting browns and greens below with a distant look of unease. 'Is it the marshes?' She wonders, watching the thick smog veil and then reveal the lack lustre landscape below. "Have you ever been before? To the Feverlands, I mean."
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
we are all broken
Glancing down beneath the bench, Finn raises his eyebrows before settling again; he ought to have known that Tobi would come prepared for any situation, especially if they are venturing out of Stormbreak. "Well, then perhaps you can get something from the... th... wait, what?" Finally Finn has caught on to the test subject part of her remarks, and the stony confusion on his face tells that he does not think she is kidding. "I suppose you could try on my ankle," he says slowly. "Or perhaps my wrist..."

There's little more than cool logic on the Spyglass's face as he regards the Feverlands, and he slowly shakes his head. "No, I don't believe so," he says. "There are supposed to be many magical plants there, but of course it is quite dangerous." Smiling, as if to reassure Tobi, he turns back to face her. "But the Greatwood is beautiful. We will be there before you know it."
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'That'll do.' Tobi agrees appreciatively, before cocking her head to the side slightly and shrugging. "Or we can test it on me. I might be less squeamish than you about having something rapidly growing on me." She already had something foreign growing inside of her, so really, this couldn't be much worse.

"Name somewhere that isn't dangerous." Tobi counters with a slight huff. She wasn't about to bring up the war, or the ascended, or all of the million ways to die in Caido; Finn was readily acquainted with all of that already. And this was a date, after all.

Skirting just around the Draig Cordillera, the Skyboat begins to fly over ground that is becoming more and more green the farther they fly. Soon a broad river appears below, with massive and gnarled trees towering on the bank. Twisting on the bench like a child so that she might grasp the side of the boat, Tobi peers down below where she's quite positive she can see faint pink shapes leaping out of the water. Vibrating with excitement now, Tobi tries and fails to determine how close they are. "How much longer, do you think?"
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
we are all broken
"My first aid skills are not up to par enough to help you should something go wrong," Finn says with quiet concern, which of course is his way of saying please do not test this on yourself. His lips part to try and name somewhere that's not dangerous, until he realises that Tobi is being rhetorical; wisely, the Spyglass chooses not to delve into it.

The skyboat takes them further northeast until the telltale green starts to become vibrant enough that Finn knows they are close to the Greatwood, and he rises to his feet to peer down through the clouds towards a cluster of trees that seem to almost sparkle compared to the others. "I believe that is the village," he says, pointing it out. "We will starting to descend soon."

Gazing across at her, he offers her his hand and nods towards the prow. "Would you like to watch as we draw into the skyport?"
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"I could always walk you through it. If we start the algae on my toe, there should be plenty of time before it gets to my mouth and I can't talk anymore." Tobi remarks casually. As a doctor, these sorts of things simply don't worry her the way they might someone else. Her mind doesn't immediately pave out hundreds of scenarios about what might happen, because the depth of her knowledge prevents it.

As Finn stretches out his hand, Tobi glances down at it and marvels how she very nearly forgot to notice just how far Finn had come over the past few months. Silently she wondered to herself if she'd ever become so comfortable with him—and he with her—that she'd stop noticing entirely. Hoping that day would never come, the doctor slips her hand into his and reaches for her bag with the other. "Did you know that the feeling you get in your stomach when you descend quickly, or when you're nervous, is caused by your blood flow being redirected away from your intestines? The blood vessels actually constrict around your stomach and it's the nerves there that cause the fluttery feeling."

Was Tobi saying this because the descent had started to make her stomach feel like butterflies, or because she was nervous?

Yes.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
we are all broken
"You could also not do that," Finn says quietly, and were it anyone else it might have been a charming quip made in good humour. But the soft furrow of the Spyglass's brow suggests that he doesn't like the idea of any harm befalling Tobi, whether in the name of a science experiment or otherwise. "Perhaps we can save the testing until we get back to Stormbreak." Or maybe Finn will accidentally nudge all of her sampling equipment into the waterfall.

Luckily the skyboat is starting to dip down now, and he can concentrate more on the feel of Tobi's hand in his own, in the Observatory creeping steadily closer. "I didn't know that," he says, sounding mildly curious regarding it. There are no nerves fluttering in his stomach, at least, not now that they are almost back on solid ground and there's no water beneath them, and so as the boat nestles between the trees and draws up and into the port, Finn is about as content as it gets.

"I hope this was worth the wait," he says softly, glancing across as the other passengers begin to gather at the side of the ship to depart.