darkness

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin
"Pledged themselves, yes. But tell me Ronin, what does that mean? Would Torchline not welcome back Sunjata and Nate with open arms, should they want to return? Would they not welcome back Deimos? Are there not ascended living there? Portals used?" Safrin shakes her head. "Go to Torchline if you will. And then come back to me and tell me if you truly think they are loyal to me, or if it is merely lip service until a better offer comes along."

Perhaps it was time for pledges to be made with more than just words, if vows were going to be so easily broken.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Ronin frowns as he considers his goddess's words, and he nods to her. "I will," he says quietly. "And if they prove as fickle as the others, then perhaps they should also receive a reminder of what loyalty means." And at this point, not even the Huntsman can say if he is considering burning the shores of Torchline with celestial fire. Perhaps he is - that is dependent, of course, on the islands' response to his enquiries.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asks - he knows, of course, that there is - that there always is - but he means more for the immediate situation. "I will visit every one of your shrines, if that is what you wish. I'll whip up crowds to sing your name while I'm there."
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Safrin
More than satisfied with Ronin's responses, still there is one more thing she would ask of him...

"Whisper my name before you fall asleep." Safrin says, raising her gaze slowly and offering him a warm smile. "I have so missed hearing my name leave your lips." Their talks in the last year had almost all been necessary. All been to combat this or that, to demand or plea or beg. Gods how she missed just hearing him say her name for the simple pleasure of it.

"That is all I would ask of you." They had been together far too long for Safrin to need to add, for now.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Compared to some of the things he has been asked to do, in the name of gods or governments or otherwise, this is relatively simple and easily done. And Ronin finds himself smiling warmly back at Safrin, bowing his head in a nod. "I will, Safrin," he vows softly, stepping back further to offer her a bow befitting a baron of Northaven.

"And I still expect Sunjata to apologise to you. Personally," he adds, though this is more of a Ronin requirement than a Safrin one, evidently. "It is the least he could do." Straightening up, he smiles again to the goddess, the expression turning lopsided and roguish. "You are radiant, even in your fury. You make the stars themselves look bleak and washed out. Thank you for calling me to you."
RONIN

Change author:
Safrin
Delight enlivens Safrin's face just then, making her eyes sparkle and her lips twitch into a girlish smile. 'The very least.' She agrees, pulling in a breath of appreciation as Ronin straightens.

Moving toward him again and reaching for one of his hands, Safrin runs her fingers over the tattoos that hide against his wrists. 'And you sugar, are just as charming as you have always been.' She says on a sigh, before interlacing her fingers through his. As she does so, Ronin will experience flashes of emotions so frenetic and fleeting, he'll have to wonder afterward if they even happened: Safrin's lips against his, her fingers in his hair and his large hands on the small of her back. Her mouth tasting of wintergreen and lilac as her legs wrap around his waist; his throat humming with a moan that shakes his entire body.

"Thank you for coming." She beams at him, releasing his hands.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It is there and then gone, and Ronin is left breathless and flushed and as confused as he is happy about it. "I try," he says, bashful now rather than charming. "I will see you again soon, Safrin. Please try not to outshine the stars too much this evening. I believe many people use your creations to navigate the night."

Even though his heart is hammering in his chest and, as always, he feels as though he's somehow escaped death or curses, he does manage a wink to the goddess before he turns and sets off out of the Observatory. Not that there is much to observe - the woods are black as pitch, but for the burning of torches, and Ronin will have to make his way home by the light of phoenix fire.

~FIN
RONIN