daylight fading
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

She turns her chin to one side, shaking her head and smiling awkwardly. To her credit, she hadn't tried to be discreet, but maybe she should've. But then Ray sits back and seems to think about the question. Aurelia gives her a neutral look, hoping that it was obvious that she harbored no judgement for whatever her friend's choice was.

To find out that she would be most concerned about defending Torchline, though? It's honorable, and Aurelia can't help but to smile softly at the answer. When the question is reflected back at her, though, her smile falters and she shifts uncomfortably, straightening out her shirt for a moment.

"I don't know..." she admits, concern forming between her furrowed brows, "I can agree with where you stand. We should be defending what we're willing to die for. I'm just.. I guess I'm worried about the world as a whole. What it will be like if the Old Gods win or lose. But I only have my own experience to go off of. It could turn out entirely different than how my world did," she considers, shoulders rising and falling, "but.. the Ascended just want the right to exist. How can I blame them for fighting for that? Deep down... I think that's who I should be siding with. Regardless of my alignments or anything else before now, it comes down to what's right or wrong... and I don't know if I can just step aside. But then I have you, and Milo, and everyone I care about here." She gives Ray an uncertain glance, putting herself out on a limb without knowing how her thoughts might be taken.

She hadn't realized how open and willing Ray was to these sorts of questions, herself thinking that it'd be more of a nuisance than something welcome. If she'd known that before, she might've started asking questions like these a long time ago. Still, though, she finds some self-restraint and decides to save some of her other curiosities for a later time. They've talked about quite a lot already. "Well, if you want.. I'm pretty tough, I think. I wouldn't mind testing some things out for you here and there. Y'know, the things you're mostly sure about. I guess, from the sound of it, I don't want to just.. eat random plants and hope for the best, 'course," she chuckles softly at that idea, "But for now, I should probably stick to helping you with the simpler things." She smiles sheepishly at that.
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray gives her friend's hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance. "I know, Gods I know. It's such a mess." She shakes her head with a sigh. "The way I see it, no side is innocent. Both the Old and the New have either committed horrible crimes or are attempting them now. I think...in the end.. you have to choose the side where you can live with the consequences. The one where you won't hate yourself or have regrets for the rest of your life. For me, that's Torchline and the Old. I'm an Attuned and I don't wish for that to change, even if it could."  

The herbalist understood her friend's struggle. The morals of this war were blurred and warped. She wished that the Ascended could be allowed to live in peace, but she would not abandon the Gods she had sworn herself too. The gods her family had followed for generations. Still gripping Aurelia's hand, Ray smiles softly. "Regardless of what you choose... we'll still be friends and I'll wish you the best." A slightly conspiratorial wink is thrown, "And if you ever need me, the back door is open, and I keep med kits on the shelf there. Even if I'm not home, feel free to take what you need."

Aurelia's offer makes Ray snicker, face lighting up with mirth. "Oh I'd love that. But we probably should stick with you helping out with the daily work." She didn't want to accidently injure or poison her friend after all. Even if it was for science.
They have not
forgotten this