[SE] never-ending circles
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
'Cause either I get there or don't, Those are both things that I know
She can understand owing Ronin, the demigod had saved his life when even a god would not. When even a god had tried to take it. Her expression sinks lower with the news of what Sunjata had been through because of his choice, and she steps back, lowering her hand away from his sweat-slicked arm (the sweat hadn't bothered her any, though, not for how serious this was). "Maybe Frey couldn't come," she offers. Truly she doesn't know, she doesn't have the answers. "I'm glad Ronin saved you, though." That is spoken with earnest, her gaze deepening against Sunjata's - if he will meet it.

The scar on his face twists with his expression, and she watches as his lips tug against it in his frown. She doesn't know what to expect from Sunjata, maybe some form of understanding. Nate is an Ascended, after all, and if any of them were in danger, then all of them were. And any that aligned with them or sympathized with them.. ought to feel something about that. So Sunjata's reaction, she tries to take in stride. Swallowing down her own fears, she answers, "She didn't believe me, I don't think," vexation enters her tone, frustrated at the obstacles she faced at seemingly every turn, "she accused me of going over her head, of fearmongering the people. I don't know if I can trust her anymore, Sunjata. She certainly doesn't trust me anymore..." she purses her lips tightly together and looks away, across the fields.

The fields, where the Flinthoppers have settled in their panic and have begun making the song of grasshoppers. Only, their song comes with a hefty bass, and embers begin to fly. They take to the dry grass like bees to honey, and small flames sprout in their wake. "Shit.. what the hell?"
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
don't you know i'm no good for you?
There’s a low hum of a sound that leaves his throat – akin to an agreement, despite his uncertainty. “Isla thought the same thing.” That it had ended up being a trap where Frey certainly couldn’t come. And part of that worried him more – with however carefree Frey seemed to be, Sunjata doesn’t want to find their ire. “I am too… I just… Hate having to owe him.” His lip curls with the feeling, a huff of a sigh leaving him, but his gaze finds Aurelia with the honesty within that he was still glad to be here even if everything seemed to suggest the opposite.

At the very least, he keeps the nausea away with her comments of the notice board and Maeve’s attention, his steel gaze dancing between the grasses and her face as she speaks and he eventually ends up crossing his arms, trying to internally close himself off slightly – not because of her, but because it was more comforting that way. “Going over her head with a notice board post? Aren’t you not a queen anymore?” It’s his long way of saying what does it matter?

Before he has a chance to continue on his thoughts, he snaps to when Aurelia reacts, steel looking around at the grass only to find the sparks and the beginnings of flame devouring the dry stalks of the fields grasses. “Fuck.” He hisses, reaching for that magic within him again and creates another little pocket of water, aiming to spread it out like a little net to toss over the flame to douse part of it.
i've learned to lose, you can't afford to
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia's brows furrow at the way it all pulls Sunjata apart at the seams, her concern tangible even without an Attuned bond to tie their minds together. At his commentary on her not having to answer to Maeve in order to use her voice, she shrugs with a frustrated sigh.

But her attention grasps onto the scene that quickly unfolds before them, the fire catching on the dry grass and the Flinthoppers leaping all around them. The flames spread far faster than they can stop them at first, so Aurelia takes off for the other side of them, calling over her shoulder, "I'll cover this side- just keep that up!" Whatever it his magic is, it seems to be smothering some of the fire. Smoke billows up into the air in reaction, thick and black and suffocating.

Covering her mouth and nose with one hand, Aurelia reaches the other end of the fire and summons up her magic - but not to create more chaos. Rather, to control what there already was, pushing the searing flames inward, hoping that their combined efforts will be enough to suffocate it.

To her dismay, however, she spots a patch of flame take up almost directly behind Sunjata - more Flinthoppers continuing their highly-destructive antics even now. The flames lap toward his foot, threatening to catch him just like they did the grass. "Sunjata- behind you!" She calls, her magic ebbing with the concern for her friend.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There isn’t really time for more conversation with the fire that erupts around them. Sunjata shoves the water around, dousing some of the insects, but as his gaze lifts up to glance at Aurelia as she moves into motion, he can see just how much this fire has spread while they’re not paying attention. Another quiet little curse leaves him in a huff, his hands moving to guide his newfound magic out and around again, trying to push it further.

If he can try to douse the grasses maybe it won’t spread as much, maybe it’ll die out before it has a chance to be picked up by the wind. He takes a step forward to push more water around when he hears Aurelia’s call, taking the blob of water and turning to drop it at his feet, wetting the grass and dousing out this edge of the fire before it has a chance to catch him ablaze.  That’s honestly the last thing he needs.

Turning back to Aurelia, he creates more water, guiding it toward Aurelia. “Here!” He calls out to her, creating a little circle of water around her feet so that it might be damp enough to not spark into a blaze.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia breathes out, the sigh heavy with relief, as he stops the flames from reaching him. His method is smart, she recognizes his tactic as he spreads the water over the grass that has yet to light. It'll keep it from taking so easily. At least Flinthoppers don't seem to have any real control over what they're doing, just causing needless chaos with little sparks. The dry grass is the real offender here, and she nods to him when he offers her the same defense he's made for himself.

Moving so that she's in the middle of the circle he's formed, she focuses back on using her own magic to continue quelling the fires that have taken up directly around her. And it works, for what's formed around the two of them. She pushes and pushes until there's nothing left, thanks to their combined magical efforts.

But as she looks up from the charred ground, her eyes widen with dismay as she realizes that the Flinthoppers have continued their assault - just further away. The fields are large and expansive, after all.

"Do they never stop?!" She groans, looking back over at Sunjata, "Can you keep that up? I'll see if I can chase them out of here. Follow me with more of that water, yeah?" And she steps forward, out of the protective ring he's formed around her, through the ashy grasses, intending to shift.
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Luckily, the Flood has some experience in fire protection. If nothing else, Korofi’s floods and the amount it rained certainly helped to curb some fires that would have spread through the city. So he puts that to mind and helps create a little protective, damp circle around Aurelia so he might be able to focus his magic elsewhere. While Aurelia pulls on her control of the flame with her magic, Sunjata works to drown them, to suffocate them, and when they’re done?

He loses the concentration of his magic, letting it fall to the ashy, black ground at his feet – reaching up to wipe the sweat from his brow and to catch his breath when he looks over just after Aurelia’s voice is audible in the air between them. He notices the flames further down and he rolls his eyes, gritting his teeth as he goes to follow her. “I hate these things.” He comments quietly, wondering if they kept it up if his resolve would fail and he’d rather them just burn themselves out.

For now, though, he’s quick after her, summoning that water again and works to make a circle to hopefully drown the little fuckers within it to keep them from moving around anymore.
SUNJATA
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
For a brief moment, she'd considered just giving up. Let the flames take their reign over the fields and be done with it. But aside from the fact that the fields are a vital piece of the Grounds' agriculture, Aurelia worries that it might've been her to cause the Flinthoppers to start spreading their flames.

So she makes her request of Sunjata and shifts back down into the tiger, all orange and striped black. Letting loose on the annoying bugs, she bounds through the grasses, leaping for the swarms of them, pacing through the width of the field to begin to herd them out of it. Her large paws are able to squash bunches of them underneath her massive weight, and the ones she can't catch flee for their lives. With Sunjata's help behind her, he manages to drown out the ones she misses. And she manages to chase off or crush the rest. After a while of no Flinthoppers, no sparks, she ceases her pursuits and turns back to him.

Padding over on large feline paws, she starts to speak to him mentally again, her gaze meeting his. Until she remembers that he can't communicate that way anymore. Finding a log to sit beside, she settles down there and shifts once again. Her hand comes up to wipe off a bit of ash on her cheek, and she turns her gaze back over at him from where she sits. Her lungs are heaving, trying to catch easier breath now that the shenanigans are over. "Hopefully that's the last of that," she says between breaths.

For a few minutes, she stares out at the burnt grass until she finally admits, "I've been thinking about trying to talk to the Voice..." At that, she eyes him for his response. It probably doesn't need to be said how complicated that would be for her own situation. "Probably not now, but.. soon."
Aurelia
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He hadn’t realized that using the magic so newly in his veins would be so exhausting – but he pushes through it to help drown out the flames and the bugs while she moves like a streak of orange and black, crushing and chasing them off to where they’ll hopefully stop setting flame to everything. He drops the water as soon as he’s sure it’s only the simmering smoke of a drowned fire rather than a spark of a new one, though, and she’s padding back toward him – their gaze meeting but silence on Sunjata’s end.

He swallows hard, moving to sit beside her on the log as she speaks, wiping his ashy, wet hand on his pants before he swipes the back of his hand across his forehead, wiping away the sweat of the exertion. “Hopefully.” He agrees roughly, clearing his throat shortly after, before he looks around the fields with a calculating eye to make sure the fires are still out and once he’s satisfied, his gaze flickers back over toward her as she speaks.

Yeah?” He asks, raising a dark brow with a brand new scar slashing through it. “For what?” Curiosity killed the cat, so they say, but he also has to talk to the Voice at some point – unsure of exactly how to go about it, but knowing it was in his future regardless.
SUNJATA