copper colored quiet
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
angel loves to keep me spinning, much too high to see
that all these chains have started thinning & hell is breaking free
It feels like it’s been a long time since he’s been home. In reality, it hasn’t. And Sunjata’s so content to be home, relief spreading through his shoulders  he soaks in the comfort of home. Nate isn’t back, evident by the quiet of the home. The twins are sleeping, he’s checked on them, pressed a kiss to their brows, and returned to the kitchen once he’d showered and cleaned up a bit, soothed the redness from where his tattoos had once been, wearing a shirt only somewhat buttoned to keep it from irritating the fresh skin too much.

His mood is so good in fact that he pours himself a drink, something sweet and bubbly, and before long he’s in the middle of putting together something close to a dessert. It’s sweet and it actually turned out relatively well, some sparked memory from Korofi that he’s tried. It’s rising well and for the first time a sense of accomplishment coats Sunjata’s side of the bond, for any around to feel, and he breathes a sigh of relief paired with a cigarette as he leans against the kitchen counter, sipping his drink while the sun sets, waiting and timing it out until he thinks it’s done.

Sure, there’s a bit of a mess, but at the very least he’s positive something good will come out of it. And besides, he’s starving.
every choice, every lie, demons that he kept inside
angel now that i've stopped spinning, could you come clean?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Don't come over and don't be too good to me
I'm not proud of it, please, but i want it to sting
It feels like it’s been a long time since he’s been home. Longer than he wanted, if nothing else, since gods know it hasn’t actually been long. Just a hop, skip, and jump into a nothing dimension filled with dragons (dragon corpses now), but at least it was conveniently close to the house.

Nate takes a moment before he steps inside to look himself over, make sure nothing was too amiss. He’d been shifted when he was gassed, the worst of it affecting his throat, but otherwise he’s the picture of good health. Perfect. And he’d even gone to the length of taking off his more delicate pieces, things he really didn’t want melted. Ah well.

The front door is considered for a moment before Nate takes the extra few seconds to circle around to the kitchen door, wanting a more private entrance. The kitchen is a flurry of activity, but the source is a surprise. Sunjata, looking bright and chipper and better than Nate can remember in a long while. He can’t stop the grin that spreads over his face as he steps inside, plucking the smoke from between his husbands lips and reaching out to pull him close. “You’re making a mess of my kitchen.” He accuses warmly, one hand moving to slip into his pocket and search for the blood ring.
warm blood, baby, fuck a little separation, why should i deny myself
god, i'm unwell, must be a weak man, hurts like hell, just what i needed
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Without the bond to connect them, Sunjata is relatively unaware of Nate’s arrival. Instead, all he can do is focus on the cookies he has baking in the oven right now, the smell of sugary sweet that infiltrates the room, floating through the kitchen to the other parts of the house. The cigarette is drawn from just at the time Nate’s words reach him and there’s a flush of red that coats his cheeks and neck when the Ascended takes the cigarette from his lips and pulls him close.

A low rumble of a chuckle leaves him, Sunjata leaning into the touch with everything he has, turning to face his husband and bury his flour covered face into Nate’s dark hair, mixing a bit of white among the dark tresses. “Actually, I’m making cookies.” He pauses, before he pulls back with nothing but light flickering in his gaze. “I hope.” His arms slip around Nate’s sides, fingers pressing into his back as he scans Nate’s face, searching for anything amiss, unable to really see anything – but he knows how well Nate puts himself together to pretend as if nothing’s wrong.

I have news…” He trails off, something almost fragile in his gaze for a split second before it’s gone in lieu of hope.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
You’re making cookies?” Nate doesn’t mean to sound so incredulous, really, but he can’t help it, glancing over his husbands shoulder to look at the counter. A huff of laughter leaves him at the addendum, his head shaking as he finally settles and meets Sunjata’s steel gaze.

For maybe the first time, the bright blue of Nate’s eyes is clear, nothing lurking in the depths of it, nothing hiding in the lines of his face or the quirk of his brows or lips. There is a suspicious lump on his shoulders, under his shirt, but before any questions can be asked or explanations offered Nate’s frowning, the ring finally in place in his finger but the bond… silent.

Brows pinch then rise, the ascended just barely catching the flicker in Sunjata’s face and trying to keep his spirits up. “Does it have something to do with this,” his hand lifts, the blood ring dangled loosely on a finger, “not working?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Mmhm.” Sunjata murmurs with a crooked smile that lasts for all of a second before the hidden surprise of such a clear look from Nate – a picture perfect image of his husband at ease for one of the first times he can recall – it certainly gets put into a memory to think back on later. For now, though, the news sparks an even bigger issue, one he hadn’t thought of with the blood ring that he should have thought of.

There’s a small smile that breaks along his face as he nods, reaching down to take Nate’s hand into his own, to pull the blood ring off. “It’s not going to…” He trails off quietly, letting all the hope in his mind and chest try to slip out of his gaze and the almost pleading urgency within it. “I went and talked with Frey. About that gift I had in mind for us… And, well, it turned into an offer.” He pauses, letting the information sink in. “One that was too good not to take so… I did. I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you first.” He’s rambling now and he realizes this with the way his cheeks flush and the tips of his ears burn.

And because maybe he can’t quite say it outright, all the memories and thoughts made up of how Nate could take this news badly makes it so he can’t bear to be apart, and he pulls the Ascended into his chest to bury his face into his dark curls. “They asked me to be their demigod and I said yes. And they burned Safrin out of me.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
There’s nothing in Sunjata’s face or his tone that speaks of worry or regret, so Nate tries to temper his reaction, tries to wait for it, instead of immediately spiralling into the worst case. But something that breaks the blood ring it… it’s worrying. He runs his tongue along his teeth just to keep from chewing on his lips, nodding along as the tale comes out. An offer from Frey is… intriguing. Miles better than an offer from Safrin at least, though that’s not necessarily enough to keep Nate’s brows from furrowing more, his mouth quirked into a silent question.

Whatever worry brews in him doesn’t stop his free hand from coming up to brush a longer curl behind Sunjata’s ear. Doesn’t stop it from lingering there, just to be close, to sap at the warmth of the flush. Nate goes easily into his husbands embrace, turning so he can press his face into the other man’s throat and feel the rumble of his words, of the true confession.

Well that blows my news out of the fuckin’ water.” It’s the first thing out of his mouth, coming after he’s taken a breath to accept everything. Nate’s arm wraps around Sunjata tightly, pulling himself close and making something in his chest chirp indignantly, the noise ignored in favour of questions. “What does it mean for us? And… jesus, wait, all of her?” Nate can’t stop himself from pulling back, hands moving to push Sunjata’s shirt up.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He prays it softens the blow, prays that it isn’t the last straw in a steam of broken straws that makes Nate leave him again. It’s what keeps him holding onto Nate, not having to fear he might react like Hotaru did. He doesn’t think Nate would slip a knife between his ribs – not physically at least – emotionally? Well, they’d done it more than once to one another. But this time, he wishes it’s different.

And he doesn’t hide anything – he lets his hope and excitement flicker out of him in all the ways he knows how, letting his fingers press against Nate’s sides, lets them slide up his back and dig into his shoulder blades. “I still want to know.” He comments softly, about Nate’s news. “It means that… They’ll keep us safe in the war. Without anything needed aside from me asking the Voice.” Which that, in and of itself, should say a lot.

Even the thought of the Voice had lead to a lot of turmoil for Sunjata when in Safrin’s presence. “And yes, all of her. Here–” He reluctantly pulls away from his husband, tugging his shirt off over his head, revealing the tattoos that have gone missing, the stars that no longer spanned in his sleeve (one remaining because the other had been taken too), as well as the constellation’s absence. “I got to keep my shifts… I can’t partial shift or talk in the Attuned bond anymore but I still have every single one of them. I think they want me to be a sort of middleman for things… Like getting it so you and the rest of your… Family, don’t need a special room in the Grounds.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
The smile is slow, pushing distrust and suspicion out of the way as it limps across Nate's face, brightening his features again. Not quite as bright as they'd been when he'd first come in, but somehow still better than they'd been in the past weeks. And an entirely different thing to how he's been at his lowest. There's squirming under his shirt as hands smooth up his back, just out of reach, but running out of places to run to. Nate's surprise, still kept under wraps until they're done picking at this one.

"No strings attached?" To say that Nate's surprised would be the understatement of the season, and it's only been what, a day at this point? "I don't gotta worry about some kid showing up in the middle of the night again?" He leans back when Sunjata pulls away, attentive eyes on his husband. "You gotta tell me, I dunno if we can handle any more." Joking feels so much easier now. Things haven't changed at all, and yet, they're changed forever.

A trembling hand rises to ghost across the redness on Sunjata's chest, blue eyes cling wrapped with tears as Nate trails along the points that hateful constellation had once splayed across. Fingers brush against the healed letters of his own initials, and for the first and probably only time the demi-god is glad the mental bond between them is severed. Possessiveness threatens to choke Nate out, threatens to spill from every orifice, thrums in his ears so loudly he barely hears the rest of Sunjata's explanation.

"That's all... absolutely incredible. I mean..." Words fail him, Nate shaking his head in quiet awe instead as his hands moves to cover up the newly bare skin of the other mans arm. "I'll get you to the Voice soon, okay? And we can ask her," he blinks, manic focus locking on his husbands face, "what are we asking her exactly?"
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
No.” Sunjata murmurs with a soft laugh, one that flushes him further as he thinks on it. “In the spirit of honesty, though, I did fuck Frey but only to lower the requirements on the quest for the gift.” He nearly mutters it at the end, making the point of his words with the little prod he gives Nate’s back in the form of his blunt fingers – no claws to rake across the deadened sensed skin anymore, but he tries his best. “I didn’t agree to any surprise children.” He assures Nate, pulling away to slip his shirt off and give him a full look, reaching out to keep a hand on Nate simply for the touch.

He remains still, his steel gaze focused intensely on the bright blue of Nate’s as the Ascended takes in the raised skin, the irritated space where the tattoos had once been but no longer remain. He doesn’t even realize he’s holding his breath until his pulse thunders in his ears and he huffs out a quiet sigh of sound at the reaction he receives. It’s so much better than he could have imagined, and the relief is evident in the way his shoulders relax, like the weight has been lifted.

There’s a small awkward flare, a small crooked smile that crosses his face as the cool hands of Nate cover the irritated skin and he melts with it. “Uh… About keeping you safe during the war, too. Whisking us away somewhere where we don’t have to fight…” He murmurs quietly, leaning in to catch a chaste kiss as if it might take the surprise away, the realization it might be a hard sell at the very least, before he finally notices the lump skittering around Nate’s shoulders.

He withdraws with a raise of his brow, staring at the space he’s sure he’d seen something just move. “What’s your news?” He asks, imagining that it likely has something to do with whatever that is.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
No surprise children, no twisted unfair deals. It’s like a dream come true. Hell, if he still slept, Nate might fully believe this was a dream. “I can’t believe this.” There’s a measure of awe in his voice, of pure wonder that he refuses to look at too closely for fear of ruining it. “I’m glad we don’t don’t have that bitch hovering over us anymore.” It’s one more shared experience between them, having the herald of stars burned out from all the deep places she saw fit to taint. “God I love you.” He’s going to need to remember to say it out loud more often, instead of simply feeling it, letting it spill out of him.

Safe during the war is one thing. A great thing, something to sing to the heavens about. Being whisked away completely during the war that… that’s something else. Something that Nate isn’t sure he’s comfortable with, even before having to convince the Voice. “I hope you’ve got a good way to sell that.” It’s a soft mumble against Sunjata’s lips before Nate pulls him in for a proper kiss, arms circling around his husband again.

Whatever they have to do is a conversation for later though, a wave of excitement cresting in Nate as they part once again. “Its not nearly as exciting as yours, but-” Before he can explain properly, a scaly head pokes out of the collar of his shirt, beady electric eyes staring at Sunjata. “The Voice gave him to me.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
He can hear the awe and wonder in Nate’s voice and that fragile part of him blooms, smooths out into something more something easier, something manageable and he releases the breath he doesn’t realize he’s been holding in his own form of appreciation and relief. “I guess it took us both becoming demigods to get rid of her, hm?” He hums lightly, wondering if it’s too soon of a joke, but incapable of shutting his mouth away from it. Instead, he relaxes more with the audible tone of Nate’s voice, the I love you creeping out between them and Sunjata very nearly feels his heart skip a beat, reaching for Nate’s hand that covers one part of his inflamed skin. “I love you too, skatjie.” He rumbles gently, nuzzling in briefly before he’s sinking in for the chaste kiss, one that Nate prolongs and Sunjata can’t keep the relieved sound from slipping past his lips in a quiet whine.

He can’t answer right away, though, because he’s tangled up with the Ascended, arms slipping around his husband again and keeping him tight against him. “I’m shit with words so it’ll take some time to figure it out.” But they both know that. They’re the same in that regard, after all.

In terms of Nate’s news, though, Sunjata pulls away a bit further when he spots the thing under Nate’s shirt, steel gaze darting between it and his husband’s face, focusing on it the second that the creature pokes its head out of the collar of the demigod’s shirt. He can’t help the slight gasp of wonder that leaves him, the bright smile that cuts through his face. “A dragon?” He breathes, a brightness coursing over his face as he looks between them.

Internally, there’s a small hidden bit of jealousy at the fact that he’s lost Haai, but he stuffs it aside because he can be happy for Nate. And Nate having two companions only benefits them both in the long run, right? "What's his name?" He asks, reaching up with a hand, trying to coax the creature out a bit more.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Even if he doesn't get the chance to actually laugh, the sentiment lives on in Nate's tone as he breaks the kiss, his tongue swiping across his lips just before his voice does. "I'll help out as much as I can." It's an easy promise to make, and an easy one to throw his full heart into, even if a cloud flickers briefly across his face as he does it.

Nate watches his husband watch the reveal of his new companion, Sunjata's wonder reflected back at him immediately. Both hands wrap around Sunjata's jaw, the ascended's grin bright enough to rival the Longheat sun streaming in through the windows. "A dragon!" He confirms, rolling his shoulder to shift his collar enough to reveal the pale scales and delicate wings of the dragon.

Teeth clamp down gently but very firmly on Sunjata's finger, leading the way for a body to slink out of Nate's shirt, the tail wrapped securely around his neck still. "It's Ramoth." The demi-god answers at the same time as the dragonling itself, a sound too sharp to be a purr rumbling in his throat. "I uh... think he might still be a bit hungry. You want some breakfast too, Sunshine?" Without waiting for an answer, Nate unwinds the tail from around his neck and leaves Ramoth clamped down on Sunjata's finger so he can step towards the counter.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
They’re in this until the end, aren’t they? It’s what Sunjata banks on with the promise Nate makes – despite knowing how well his husband was at lying, this one doesn’t feel like one and he settles with it at face value. Luckily, though, the dragon keeps him from reading into things too much – his excitement almost palpable in the air as Nate grabs his jaw and his attention flickers back to his husband’s vibrant blues, and he melts inside.

His hands reach up while his face is still held, a combination of nuzzling his head into Nate’s and letting the dragonling sniff his hand – only to have the tiny little creature chomp down - a surprised hiccup of a laugh leaving him. Haai had done the same thing when she’d hatched, and a part of it makes him ridiculously warm inside – as if she wasn’t completely gone. “Hey there, you can let me go now.” He murmurs to the dragon – Ramoth – finding a sort of kinship with the creature’s trill.

Nate doesn’t wait for an answer, though, and instead leaves the dragon with him and Sunjata clutches the dragonling closer, still feeling a bit of kinship with the little feisty creature. “Breakfast sounds good.” He murmurs, eyes following Nate. “The cookies should be done now too.

And for once, the cookies didn’t turn out horrible at all, much to Sunjata’s surprise, and breakfast is far better than anything Sunjata could have come up with – and for the moment, things are peaceful, things are nice.

- FIN <333