(RQ) rivers in the dust
Raza, for the fountain!
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
this is for the snakes and the people they bite
for the friends i've made, for the sleepless nights
He’s still not entirely in the best mindset, but thankfully being around company like Raza makes it easier. They arrive together, and Milo’s doing his best to figure out a little recipe that Raza might be able to whip up for him for one of his brother’s birthdays. “D’ya think if I get some’ve that uh… fancy fruit we could try’n make a mix’r fer Roy?” He’s honestly drawing a blank, but that’s why he’s using Raza as a soundboard, because if anyone knew what was possible it was her.

And before he knows it he sees the fountain before them, huffing a quiet sigh as he shrugs out of his jacket, resting it on the edge of the sitting area before looking over to Raza. “Thanks fer comin’ with me, by the way.” It was one of the last things he had to do and honestly, having company was preferable these days.
for the warning signs i've completely ignored
there's an amount to take, reasons to take more
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
RAZA
Givin’ a little laugh, Raza counters,Which fancy fruit? You got her passion fruit, yer mango, yer papaya - not my favorite - yer pineapple, dragonfruit - also not great, pretty bland… acai?” Which is to say that yes, the bartender extraordinaire can make somethin’ for Roy, she just needs a little more direction from Milo first.

She follows him to the fountain, amblin’ along, cause really, there’s nothin’ she can do here. No magic in her blood, no healin’ and nothin’ helpful. The Unicorn wranglin’ went to shit at the end an’ she kinda feels guilty about that, but not so much as to volunteer to do more. No, it’s cause Milo asked her come. An’ she likes Milo. He’s always been a good kid. Pun intended. Shrugging off the thanks, Raza follows it up with “Sorry I ain’t much help on this. Other’n good conversation, ‘course.”

And if Milo happens to look back at her again, she’ll wink cheerfully an’ lean back on her hands, ready to watch the magic show.
she's got a real quick trigger and some new demands
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
S’it possible t’do a mango and pineapple?” Milo counters Raza in return with a small crookedly boyish smile, amusement finally cascading across his face for the first time in what feels like ages. Eventually, though, they’re at the fountain and Milo’s out of his jacket, shaking out his hands a little as he gets prepared to work.

He reaches into himself, hands glowing alight with magic that he works to infuse the water and stones of the fountain, stepping beside Raza and letting a little slip into her to help any aches. “Conversation’s all ‘m gonna need.” He flashes her a wink, pushing himself a bit more in letting the magic coat and wash the fountain before him.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAZA
“Is it possible? she retorts with a scoff. “Boy, you know there’s nothin’ I can’t do with mixers.” Mock insulted, she waves him off to do his magic thing and remains languidly perched on the ledge of the fountain, all of her out of the way of the water and the washin’ and whatever else needs t’be done.

“So what’s goin’ on with you?” There’s a certain ease that comes with just bein’ along for the ride, and Raza doesn’t realize that she could be asking a much bigger question than she intended to. She learned long ago to ask the first question and let others fill in the rest. It’s amazing how many people can’t stand the quiet… or want to brag… or just someone to listen.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Ack! I know. I know.” Milo mutters with a huff of a laugh at her insult, at the way she waves to him to continue while she lays out of the way but still within sight. “A’ight then, mango pineapple it is.” He confirms, sure that she’d be able to make the perfect little mixer for his brother as he gets to work.

The first round is easy, one that barely feels like it takes a toll on him – but as he stops the magic for a second to catch his breath, her words that cut straight through the bullshit hit him and give him a bit more pause. He could lie to her, but when has he ever lied to Raza? His hands rise again to start spreading the magic around, shrugging a shoulder as he focuses a bit longer on it, waving it over the water and the stones. “’Relia’s back. ‘N I’ve been havin’ a difficult time with everythin’.” He answers her honestly, letting his bronze gaze drift from the stones that he infuses with his magic again, to glance at her face to see how she takes the news.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
The matter of Roy’s gift settled, Raza’s interest is now piqued by the mention of relationship drama. This is her specialty as a bartender, her bread ‘n butter of entertainment once the booze starts flowing and the disgruntled regulars roll in for the night. Readjustin’ herself so she’s now leaning forward more, one knee pulled up and into her chest an’ used as a shelf for an elbow, the proprietress is clearly all ears, but with an air of only mild interest.

“I heard she was back.” Keepin’ any and all judgement from her tone, Raza meanders on. “Just rumors ‘bout what happened, though. Y’wanna talk about it?” An open door, if he wants to vent, talk, or hells, none of the above. She might even reciprocate with her own thoughts about their beloved Captain Jack.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
If Raza were attuned, he’d imagine she’d likely be a cat. Unassuming, content to lay about a bar and hear all of the talk people didn’t want to get out into the public. Here, though, she sits comfortably, prompts him as she’s so good at doing, and he pauses in his magic to take a deep breath, to wipe the sweat from his brow, before raising his hands again to start pouring the magic into the fountain and the stones around it once more.

She… Got lost ‘r somethin’. Couldn’t find her way back. Said she’d done some fucked up things ‘n wanted t’come back better.” Which should all be good, right? All progress in the grand scheme? “Cept I just… I’ve been shitty since she disappeared y’know? Spent lotsa nights at the Hanged Man.” She knew that, she’d seen him often. “’N I dunno if I wanna try it again with her. Think ‘m just scared of her leavin’ me again.” And he doesn’t know if that’s reasonable. He doesn’t entirely know what to do.

It isn’t that he doesn’t care about Aurelia. It isn’t that he doesn’t want to try it again. He’s just… Terrified.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
Oh heck yeah, she’d be a cheetah. Long, lean, can purr, not great at ensuring the survival of her own species.

Listening closely despite whether or not it looks like it is, he puts two ‘n two together for her and yeah, all the extra nights at the Hanged Man now make sense. She’d just thought he might be bored, but escapin’ feelings is fare more likely for a young 20-something guy. Raza doesn’t even ask if he wants her advice, she just starts on in. “Well…do you believe her?” A brief pause as she imagines his magic seeping into the stones she’s sitting on. “‘N really, what’s the worse that can happen if she does leave again? What's the worst if you don't try again”

Potential heartbreak either way? It sucks, but people don’t actually die from it. And the Kydds are loved - it ain’t like Milo doesn’t have a bunch ‘a people as a safety net.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Sweat beads along his temple, his magic taking a lot out of him yet again. He pauses to recoup, his hands losing their glow as he steps back to sit for a few seconds before continuing on – only having one last round of it within him. He sits beside Raza, using the back of his hand to wipe away the sweat that’s built up there, raking his hands through his fire red hair. “I dunno what t’believe.” Milo admits with a small frown, a small crease forming on the edge of his lips.

Guess I jus’ don’ wanna be hurt again.” He tilts his head this way and that way, clicking his tongue eventually as he sits up again and tucks one leg beneath him to face Raza as he lifts one hand to hover over the stone of the middle of the fountain, letting it glow again and strain him further. “S’pose a second chance couldn’ hurt. But uh, what if she doesn’ like this version’a me?” He asks a bit quieter, a bit more delicate, a bit more sensitive.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
Offerin’ Milo her waterskin, Raza lets the kid chill for a moment before heading down that big conversation path. “Well is that fear or experience talkin’? Has she given ya any reason to not trust ‘er before?” The proprietress is a big proponent of believin’ people when they show who they are the first time.

“Gettin’ hurt sucks,” she agrees, “But it’s also inevitable. Y’can’t control other folks ‘n their actions. Y’can only control how y’react. What y’value. What’s worth the potential sacrifice ‘n what isn’t.” And as good as Raza is with the barside knowledge, even she can’t tell Milo what will and will not be worth it in the long run. As for whether or not Aurelia will like him, she doesn’t quite follow.

“What d’ya mean? You plannin’ on dyin’ yer hair an ugly color? Didja get a personality transplant or possessed by a spirit that makes you shit in bed or somethin’?” Cause as far as she can tell, he's still the same Milo she knows. It ain't like he's gone and changed faces like Aurelia did a year or so ago.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He takes the break because he needs it – taking Raza’s waterskin to take a deep sip from, before handing it back and wiping more of the sweat from his brow. His bronze gaze lifts to her face, red brows pinching a fraction before he shakes his head, rolls his shoulders in a small shrug, and draws back to straighten out his posture a bit. “Mm no, don’ think so.” He mutters. It’s mostly just his brain talking.

He can’t help the slight laugh that leaves him, the one that has his gaze dropping from Raza to the water fountain as it spits and spins more water out into the channels of the pool they sit beside. “Y’make it sound so easy Raz.” Grumbling, he sucks in a sharp breath until her question hits him and his gaze lifts to her face again, brows relaxing as if he’s surprised by the questioning.

Perhaps it’s only noticeable to him and nobody else – yet it still made him uncomfortable. “Think ‘m gonna keep th’red.” He admits with a soft laugh. “I dunno I jus’… I react t’shit different now. Used t’be so carefree ‘n now I just snap an’ I dunno why but it doesn’ feel like me y’know? Guess ‘ve jus’ lost a lotta my patience.” And all the chances he’s given to people.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
Does she? It’s all a ruse, then, but big sis Raza is here to try an’ help. “Easieer, definitely ain’t always easy, even with an extra ten years on ya.” Certain things come with experience - knowin’ yerself, for one. An’ even then, love is a bitch and makes ya do all kinds of shit ya might have ordinarly drawn a line against. “I got a vaguely similar thing goin’ on with our dear Captain Jack. Got some choices t’make an’ it sucks balls. No idea where I’ll land yet or what the results’ll be.”

Friends still? Enemies? Frenemies? Will one of ‘em end up dead or so covered in needless blood the other can’t stand t’touch ‘em? She sighs, thinkin’ about both that and the way Milo’s talkin’ about his personality. “Y’ever think that it may just be all the shit that’s goin’ on? Everything you know’s changed in just a few years. Nothin’s carefree anymore.”

He just might be growin’ up, too. When you’re able to see life for what it is, it takes a lot’a the shine away.

{SO SORRY I forgot}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He supposes that Raza’s right. And if nothing else, he’s going to continue to change – though with his similarity to Jack? Well, that’s surprising. Still, it makes him draw a bit more into himself, a bit more reserve as he gives it his last go – hand extending over the water and the stones to pour his healing magic into it for what he hopes to be the last time. He’s tired of coming to this place. Tired of coming to a space that reminds him of Aurelia and Maeve.

Yeah.” Milo replies with a small shrug, and once the magic is done pouring through the fountain, he wipes his hands on his shirt – damp with the sweat from the exertion of his magic. “Shit sucks now, eh Raz?” He asks, flashing a small smile her way, an elbow pressing out to nudge her side before he stands. “Y’wanna head back t’the Hanged Man? Wouldn’ mind gettin’ fucked up tonight if ‘m bein’ honest.

He takes a couple steps toward the exit now, wanting to put a fair amount of distance between himself and the Court of Stars.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Change author:
RAZA
“Sure thing, kid.” Offerin’ a crooked grin and a nod to letting their conversation go, Raza swings her legs over the side of the fountain and enthusiastically stands up. “Ain’t nothin’ a night at the Hanged Man can’t cure.” Except death and maybe marital problems, but that’s not a good tagline, is it? With one last look over her shoulder to the fountain as she joins Milo at the exit, the Torcher just shakes her head. “Really hope this fancy-ass fountain will make things better, but…  somethin’ tells me it either won’t matter or’ll bring more shit here.”

Everyone wantin’ healin’. Everyone wantin’ somethin’. When it’s deliverables, she’s happy to oblige, but the idea of war bein’ brough to the streets of Haulani makes her want to go full guerilla fighter.

“First one’s on me,” Raza offers with her own elbow nudge as they set their sights on the bar.

{Fin}
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3