[SE] Manic moves and drowsy dreams
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM

Seal my heart and break my pride
Adam snorted derisively and shrugged. "I thought so too, but every time I try to talk to her I get a whole load of nothing. Guess she just doesn't fuckin' like me." He'd soon find that the Voice's attention wasn't necessarily something he wanted, but Adam currently felt very ignored. "I think all Gods are pretty much the same at heart. I mean it has to send you up your own ass. Being a God." Dark eyes glanced to Remi. "Oh, uh, no offence."

Having a small circle certainly would have made things easier, but with Adam's dashing good looks and winning personality, it just wasn't going to happen. "That's what you do, is it? Must be kinda lonely." It had always been natural to the rogue to attract a lot of people, to joke and hang out with and know everyone in a town - even those that disliked him. It was a annoying habit talent.

He raised his eyebrows as Remi trailed off with his story, but before Adam could nudge or wink, the sound of Amalia's name took it out of his head. "Uh...yeah...wait..what?" A guffaw punched its way out of him before he had the chance to think about it. "Ama? She was like a fuckin' nun, I thought. Man, I wish we still talked so I could tease her about that. We uh...we kissed, but..." He shrugged. "She said I wasn't really me anymore. I think that's bullshit, but I dunno. For the best anyway, cos I'm already taken. ...Did you uh, know, that your husband was sleeping with her?"
I've nowhere to stand and now nowhere to hide
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
Snorting, the alchemist shakes his head. "No offence taken. It absolutely sends you up your own ass." Looking down into his hands, Remi huffs a snort of disappointment. "I think I might be the strongest man alive right now. And...it is really hard not to be an asshole about it." He admits, shrugging.

"Yes and no. I have a husband and three children to think about, and they keep me fairly busy." Then there was the war, his obligations to the Greatwood, and whatever daily drama was going on. There just wasn't much time to be lonely.

Glancing over his shoulder at Adam, Remi purses his lips and nods stiffly. "No, not at all." From having felt Amalia's emotions on more than a handful of occasions, the archangel might have been bottled, but she was no nun. "She didn't have a choice." Remi offers softly, pressing his thumb against his palm and tracing the lines thereupon. "Vi...Safrin...they demanded she cut ties when she became a demigod. I don't know what would have happened if she disobeyed, but Amalia loved Vi longer than she ever liked you." There was no contest at the end of the day, though whether that would make it better for Adam, Remi had no idea.

As for Ama and Ronin's tryst? "How could I? I was unconscious. It was back during the second blight...the sickness that came from the Climb. But...we had an open marriage then."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ADAM

"Strongest man alive? Damn. I would ask you to prove it, but I'm a little scared to." Adam laughed, jokingly leaning away from Remi. "You're an Outlander, right? You weren't born here? Were you as important in your old world?" He'd often wondered if the Voice had had any kind of selection process, if she had chosen those that were particularly skilled or accomplished in their worlds (obviously, his inclusion in the list solidified this theory).

Three kids wrinkled Adam's nose, but he didn't say anything about it. He supposed it was good that whatever it was, something was stopping Remi from focusing on a crazy Old God murder quest.

Perhaps Remi meant his words as something possibly comforting, but hearing them shot Adam through the chest. "...Oh." His hands dropped limp in his lap, not their usual fidgeting, gesturing selves, as he thought of all the times he'd wondered if he'd been sent here just to meet Ama. Not recently, but...he must have still have been holding onto the dream somewhere, because he felt it shatter. "...Fucking sucks."

"Open marriage, huh? We...sort of...tried that, me and Pet, but it didn't go so well. Did it not work? Y'said 'then'." He asked, trying to change the subject and conveniently leaving out the part where he had maybe sort of definitely cheated.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
'We could always arm wrestle.' Remi suggests with a crooked smile, before waggling the remaining fingers on his ruined hand. "You might stand a chance thumb wrestling with this hand." He adds with a low laugh. That he might have been someone in his old world had the alchemist laughing humbly as he gave his head a definite shake. "About as far from important as you can imagine. Where I came from...it was a very classist system. I was at the very bottom." Shrugging, Remi narrows his eyes faintly, gazing out at nothing. "People like Isla, Ronin, Edrei, Loren..." Gods, who else was there? "They were at the top." Not that any of it mattered now.

Glancing over his shoulder at Adam, unsure what bit of what he'd say had garnered such a reaction, Remi just frowns silently. 'Sorry.' He mumbles, still frowning. "If it helps...I think she has been..un demigodded, so..." So..maybe there was a chance?

Snorting, Remi gives his head another firm shake, of agreement at first, and then from side to side. "Ours did not go well either. It did at first, but...turns out we are a lot more jealous than we thought we were." He replies with a shrug. 'But you two..you and Pet, you are still together?'
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

"Last time I arm wrestled someone I was drunk and I nearly got a goddamn broken arm for my troubles. You're good." Adam said with a grin, laughing at the joke.

It was surprising to hear so many familiar names fall from Remi's mouth: Adam had known that some Outlanders came from the same places, but so many from one? "Wait...Edrei, like, Eddy Edrei? She was...posh? Fucking hell, that's weird. I used to be married to a Duchess and I knew so many posh fuckers at the top of things. Edrei isn't like them at all." She actually had a sense of humour, for one, which was something he firmly believed left as money was gained.

Amalia being 'un-demigodded' was certainly news, though not news Adam knew how to take. Simply nodding, he filed that away in 'things to obsess over and make bad choices with later' and shifted in his seat, looking out over the beach and tide and drawing lines in the sand with his boot.

"Ha. And you...you're feeling satisfied, with just him?" He asked, the question a little more vulnerable and revealing than he'd like: he was pleased to be asked something he could move into more confident grounds with. "Yeah. We kinda...lost the marriage title, though. Think it was too much pressure for both of us. Now we're just...y'know, together. I think he's very much a...one-person-forever kinda guy."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"I think most arm-wrestling matches are done drunk." Remi murmurss with a grin and a shrug. "Which is probably how it should be."

Raising a brow—Remi having exactly 0 good memories of Edrei Launceleyn—can only nod. "She was. The Launceleyns were...bound to the crown because of some curse, I think. Though...thinking back on it...she was different back in Northaven. Quieter, I think. Or..maybe those are just the few times I ever was at the same place as her." The slight sarcastic tilt to Remi's head suggested that they certainly didn't run in the same circles. "You were married to a duchess?" The alchemist grins. "How did that come about?"

Biting the inside of his lip, Remi was overcome with a strange urge to be completely honest. Perhaps it was because he didn't know Adam from...well, Adam, but he couldn't think of a good reason to lie. "There are times I feel tempted." The alchemist admits. "Anytime I am with him though, I wonder how I ever could want anyone else. I think in the moment, when we are apart and there is something else I want..." Looking down into one of his hands as he flexes it, Remi shrugs guiltily. "...it is probably one of my worst traits in terms of being a husband." Thoughtfully, Remi listens, digging his feet into the sand. "Together is just as good. Better, even.

Are...you a one-person forever kind of guy as well..?"
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
ADAM

Adam's mind was still reeling from the idea of Edrei being within five feet of a crown, so the news of a curse sailed by mostly unheard - at this point, that might as well be the case. He was about to ask if she wore hooped skirts or did her hair up in complicated structures when Remi asked about his own noble marriage; all he could do was snort. "What, you don't think I'm fancy? I'm hurt."

Once he was done pressing a hand to his heart and pretending to be deeply offended, he looked out to the sea and gave a distant, lopsided smirk. "Her name was Heidi. She ran away from her posh mansion when she was seventeen and we met cos I tried to rob her purse in a bar. She was the first person to ever catch me, and I'd been doing it since I was ten. We ended up talking, and then.." Adam shrugged and tilted his head left and right. "Had a great few years fucking around together. Stealing what we needed, doing odd jobs, seeing loads of places...and the sex was fucking amazing. But then we got the news, when we were both around twenty-two, that her dad was ill. Like, gonna-die-next-month ill." He remembered the moment they'd heard that, when he'd expected her to shrug it off but had instead seen the dreadfully thoughtful look in her eyes.

"She decides she wants to go back home. Apologise and be their little Duchess again...and be an honest woman. I was in love, I guess, so I said I'd go with her. Get married and become a noble tit. It uh...did not go well. I was born in the mountains in a village with barely fifteen buildings and I couldn't even fucking read." Adam snorted, though there was, not very far under the surface, a lot of pain in that time of inadequacy.

Anyway, it was Remi's turn to confess his deep dark secrets (this was all a bit much for a first conversation, but something about the beach before them and the war looming after this day made it easier to share, he thought). "I mean, d'ya do it? If you don't do it, then I think it's one of your best. Everyone wants stuff they shouldn't have, right? That's just being human. ....Even if you are a Demi-God, or whatever." As for himself? He sucked his teeth and shook his head.

"No. I don't think so. I didn't think so back when forever was just til forty or whatever-" Adam had never planned to get old. "-But now forever is like. Forever forever. That's a long fucking time. So I'm just gonna...take it as it comes, I guess. I don't know if Pet knows that."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
"I think you are about as fancy as I am, let's put it that way." Remi counters with a crooked smile. If he'd learned one thing in his years, it was that the station you were born into didn't actually mean much in the long run. Especially not when you were sucked into an entirely different world.

It was strange, this sudden bout of honesty, to the point that while Adam was speaking, Remi wondered if some strange spell hadn't been cast over the two of them. "But...what happened?" He wonders, eyebrows raised. "I understand not fitting in with that sort of life—" What felt like a thousand years ago, something similar had caused tension between he and Loren. "—but..?"

Scrunching his nose in disagreement, the alchemist shakes his head. "No, I have never cheated." He says on a sigh. "But every time I want to, it feels like I am just the same." Itching at the back of his neck, Remi looks down at his hang and twirls his wedding band. "Besides, what sort of idiot would want any more than Ronin." He adds with a hollow laugh; if Adam had ever met the Huntsman, he was sure he'd agree.

"Forever is forever." Remi agrees with an almost sad nod. "That kind of love...it can feel like a burden, almost. Or maybe like a chain you can never throw off. Knowing that you'll stand by that person, come whatever." Glancing over his shoulder at Adam, taking in the curve of the other man's jaw and his surprisingly long eyelashes, Remi nods. "Well, unless you can tell the future, there is probably no reason to mention it. After all, maybe this war will kill us all and we will have made it to forever." He says with a laugh.

////

So it is that the pair eventually find there is little else to say, and rather awkwardly the alchemist excuses himself with a small wave and promise to try not to haver to kill Adam in the future.

~FIN