but you still know who you are
Open!
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
There are whispers as she walks down the center street of the Settlement. Is that Evie? The Evergreen - Wordsworth? Where has she been? Snatches of questions and names, only half that mean anything to her. She could answer them all now, but it wouldn't be nearly as fun to read via exposition now would it? For now the questions are ignored, with a grace and determination she has always had but which now seems fortified, settled within her. These stones have carried her for years down this path, and she traces each step from memory.

Her apothecary is overgrown but otherwise untouched, door still locked. Procuring the key from her pocket, she lets herself in, the door swinging wide and remaining open behind her. Evie trails inside, blue eyes taking in dust and debris from scattered leaves and petals. They crunch beneath her feet as she wanders through her shop. Hand lifting to touch one by the window that stubbornly clings to life, and with a bit of magic it begins to flourish anew.

And Evie smiles.
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Wandering the settlement, moving with purpose - it could be either in Aurelia's case. What draws her attention are the onlookers she walks by as they gossip. Her green eyes turn in their direction, to follow their looks and see a red-haired woman walking down the street. She can't see the woman's face, vaguely noticing how proper and graceful she holds herself.

Aurelia's question is this: who is Evie Wordsworth? Must have been someone from here, she can gather that much. Everything else remains unknown, at least to her. The interesting thing is that Evie doesn't wander, she heads straight to a building that looks abandoned, unlocking it with a key as though it were any other day.

Aurelia pauses on a street corner to watch as the woman blooms a half-dead plant, and her dark eyebrows raise up a fraction. She has half a mind to simply turn the corner and keep walking, maybe find a shop that sells good food so she can carry on. Banish the ideas and curiosity from her mind and move on with her life. Yet, as people pass her, they keep murmuring about Evie Wordsworth.

So she approaches the front door but stops at the doorstep. Her gaze flickers up to the run-down bits of the building, the bits that make the door hang slightly ajar as it lies open; the debris that skitters out past her feet, taken with the breeze. "Looks like this place could use a little TLC," she comments casually as she reaches up to test the door, only then glancing over at the woman, "Are you... Evie, by any chance?" Conspiratorial in nature, she leans in a little and tosses her thumb over her shoulder, murmuring, "'Cause I think everybody out there is talking about you."
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Even with the dust and detritus spread about, the stuffy smell doesn’t bother her, because beneath it all there is the scent of stubborn growth of the plants she’d abandoned. It feels like a welcome that she is unworthy of.

Admittedly though she’d left the door open to air the place, she isn’t expecting anyone to be brave enough - or curious enough - to follow her inside. Stroking the parent vein of the leaf in her hand, Evie perks to attention at the sound of footsteps in the doorway, turning in a cloud of sunset hair grown long from seasons untended to. The woman in her doorway is beautiful, if unfamiliar. Normally that would be far more interesting given Evie once knew everyone in the Grounds - and half their lineage at that. Now, with the passage of time, she can assume nothing.

A wry grin pull at her lips as she lets the leaf drop from her hand, turning to prop one hand against the table it rests upon and gaze around the shop as if the woman’s words had made the dust itself appear. “It’s been boarded up many seasons now, I’m surprised it hasn’t been taken over.” The bittersweet humor rings clear, but Evie knows the locals wouldn’t dare to desecrate her apothecary. Blue eyes sparkling with mirth at the woman’s antics, she straightens and moves closer as if to better hear to secret. “If I say yes will you throw me to the wolves?”
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia nods and looks around, "I'm surprised it didn't burn down.." Given everything that had happened the Longnight before last, how some mythical bird creature had sent sparks everywhere that caught and lit things aflame. She hadn't been here to see it or be apart of the madness that ensued over that week, but she'd heard plenty about it through the grapevine by now. However, this building hadn't been harmed in that event, which seems "Lucky."

Evie steps closer and leans in, close enough that Aurelia can smell the woman's distinct aroma. Beneath the earthiness, she can smell... something else, something light and breezy. Like citrus, but floral too. It draws just the slightest of smiles to her lips and there's a softer shift in her gaze. It reminds her of the way somebody else smells too.

Leaning against the doorframe and crossing her arms, she says after a moment of playful consideration, "Mm.. no, I don't think I will." Tilting her head a bit after a small pause, she adds, "though, I am curious. What makes the wolves so interested in you? If you don't mind me asking. I'm not really from.. here, but everybody else seems to know who you are."
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie's little smile turns into a wry, chagrined grimace. "Ah, yes, I'd heard of that particular lightshow. Admittedly I'm also surprised, though no less grateful." Though she'd abandoned it willingly at the time, losing her apothecary would have scored her heart open regardless. So many years of memories. Growth both physical and metaphorical. It has been her haven for so many years now she cannot conceive of calling the Wordsworth Manor 'home' in a way that bears the same weight.

Luck, as the stranger had called it, had kept those heavier musings from being necessary however. Which is a good thing considering it allows the Fireheart's humor to land properly in the moments before her curiosity catches up. Evie gives a conspiratorial quirk of her lips and beckons Aurelia further into the shop as she spins gracefully and waves the woman forward with a flick of her wrist over her shoulder. "Come, help me dust up a bit and I'll consider it a fair trade for some hot gossip," she bids with the air of someone confident and used to having it all together.

Hooking her foot around the trash bin beneath her main work table, Evie pulls it into the open and begins sweeping dropped leaves in with broad sweeps of her bare palms. "As you heard, I'm Evie. Evie Wordsworth. My family is one of the oldest in the Grounds, and I started this apothecary rather young." A fond eye is spared the solidly built building, head shaking with amusement as she goes back to her work. "Most everyone out there has ended up here for skinned knees, sunburns, colds..." waving a hand to imply 'et cetera'. "My brother Sam owns the bookstore down the way. And after LongNight one year, I was rather unexpectedly made Queen." Her face darkens and she pauses, dirty fingers fiddling with a stray vine, dried up and brittle.

"But I went to visit Ludo not long after, and...well, I left. I had to face things I wasn't ready to, and for once I wanted to put myself first." But she had abandoned them in the end, and Evie is ashamed of that. It's easier to tell Aurelia somehow since the woman is not a native - to Caido or the Grounds - though she is still ill-versed in the art of honesty. Still, solitude and soul-searching weren't entirely useless in that endeavor. If they had been, she would've returned much sooner.