[SE] Productive distractions
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah let out a sigh, swirling the alcohol in his glass with a furrowed brow. The Abandoned was restless, growing more so by the day. The war was approaching swiftly, and yet so little progress seemed to have been made. Doubts had been plaguing him for weeks and although he had no regrets in turning down the Voice's offer, he sometimes wondered if he had made a mistake in choosing to side with the Old.

Should he have tried harder to stay neutral? No. Neutrality would fail in the end. Did he want to side with the Voice? Never. That was one thing he knew for sure. But he didn't want to fight or kill the Ascended and he didn't trust the Old Gods. His friends and family were so loyal to them that it sometimes felt like blind loyalty.

Taking a sip, Sah let out a heavy sigh. Perhaps he'd have to see for himself what the Old Gods were like. Actually meeting one might dissuade his doubts and hesitations. Then hopefully he'd be able to focus on what he had to do to protect his loved ones.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Cordelia wasn't sure what she was doing here. The Attuned didn't typically drink, but her muscles were aching from the training and she simply wanted to relax for a bit. She slipped inside the bar, amber eyes shifting along the faces that filled the interior, lips pursing as she considered where to sit. The Attuned was about to approach the bar when she noticed a familiar face. Her own lit up in a smile, rushing over to the man sitting in the corner, practically pouncing on him in the booth. "Sah! You're back!"

The hug was fierce, slender arms wrapping around him as she buried her face against his neck, relieved to see another of her family in this unfamiliar place. "I missed you." She murmured, drawing back after a long moment to press her forehead to his, relief obvious on her face as she finally settled beside him.
I get mystified by how this city screams your name
And baby, I'm so terrified of if you ever walk away
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Hearing the sound of rushing feet, Sah whipped around only to feel a wide smile come to his face. Catching his cousin, Sah returned the hug just as fiercely. "Gods, I've missed you." He mumbled into her hair from where she was tucked into his neck. Tension bled out of the Abandoned as something in him relaxed now that he'd seen her again.

Sah's smile turned warm as Cordelia placed their foreheads together, "I'm so glad to see you." As she settled beside him, Sah playfully nudged her shoulder with his own. "How have you been?" The smile turned a bit mischievous, "How's Noah?" Being back with Cordelia was like finally catching a breath of fresh air after being stuck underground for too long. Sah was so glad that he'd decided to take the time to come to Torchline to help with the guild and catch up with her and the others.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Cordelia

He pulled her into a hug that's just as fierce as her own, wrapping his arms around her like he might be able to draw her into his chest, keeping her safe from the chaos that's unravelling around them. Cordelia sighed in relief, breathing in his familiar scent as she relaxed in his hold, lingering there for the span of a few breaths before she's drawing back to press her forehead to his. "I missed you too. I'm so glad you're here." She admitted, having longed for some sense of familiarity again now that she was once more displaced from what she'd been considering home, as temporary as it was.

"I'm alright. Tired. Sore. I've been training a lot." The why of it all went unsaid. They both knew why. It weighed heavily on her every time Noah was whisked off somewhere else. The Attuned let her head drop against his shoulder, snuggling into his side even as she huffed a laugh, a faint flush rising to her cheeks. "He's doing well. Off again doing something else for the Order. I'm hoping he'll be back soon." Cordelia sighed, feeling that ache growing in her chest as she thought of the hunter, wishing he was here too. "How are you? Everything alright?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah chuckled, wrapping an arm around her to hold her against his side. "That's good. I've been training a lot lately as well. It's a fun way to pass the time." It's good to hear that Noah is well but that the news that the man if part of the Order makes the Abandoned tense. "Noah's with the Order?"

It hurt somewhat to hear, felt a bit like betrayal too, but Sah refused to drag down his time with Cordelia. Instead, he forced out a heavy sigh. "That...makes sense, I guess. He'll have to forgive me for being somewhat against them. Being an Abandoned and all." It's a harsh reality. There was likely not a single Abandoned in Caido who truly supported the Order. How could they?

Sah understood though why Noah might be a part of it, being Vi's Demi-god and all. "Still, I wish him well on whatever mission he's currently on." Sah would likely ask the man why he'd joined later but no matter the answer Noah was still family. End of discussion.

Sah forced himself to relax and instead focused on Cordelia's question. "I've been alright. A bit down with everything going on in Halo, but otherwise, I'm good." Things had been stressful, but he was getting by. "I miss you all." That was the hardest part. Cordelia, Noah, Deimos, and Hotaru were all away from Halo and it hurt.
Sah
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
Cordelia

Cordelia doesn't realize what she said until after she said it. The way he tensed beside her is all the Attuned needed to know that he wasn't happy. Her eyes widen as she lifted her head from his shoulder, color draining from her face, "Fuck... I wasn't supposed to say anything." How could she explain to him that Noah joined because he had to. There wasn't another choice. Not when he needed their support to potentially get Halo back. "I'm not exactly pleased with it either, but he didn't have much choice. As a demigod now he has certain responsibilities..." Her voice was hushed between them, incredibly aware how people liked to gossip here and unwilling to give them anymore fodder.

"He said that they offered their support in getting Halo back should we need it." That's what it all came down to and she knew Sah would understand. He had to.

A heavy sigh pushed past her lips and she found herself curling against his side. Her knees drew up and she dropped her head back to his shoulder, tucking herself under his chin, "I know... I miss you too. I want to come home, but I can't yet. Soon, though. We'll all be back together soon." They had to be. There was no other option. Continuing on this way would slowly kill her. She was sure of that.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The Abandoned nodded in understanding. He hated that Noah had had to make that choice, but he understood it. Certain things had to be disregarded for Halo's sake and for their own. That was something that Sah had only just begun to realize. Some of his own morals had to be torn out if he were to survive this war with his sanity intact.

As such he simply smiled at Cordelia's concern, "It's ok. I won't tell anyone.  I might ask Noah about it but..." He sighed, "I'm not mad at him." The Abandoned gently squeezed his cousin, "And you know that I'd never tell a soul. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me." Sah snickered before adding, "Even accidently."

When Cordelia curled herself further into him, Sah happily pulled her closer. He kissed the top of her head, "Soon". The words as much of a promise as a reassurance. Their family would be back together soon enough.

For now, Sah was content to hold his cousin and simply talk with her about anything and nothing until the sun rose and they had to part ways. But until then, he would bask in the comfort of being with someone he loved for the first time in months.

-{FIN}
Sah