You could have it all; my empire of dirt [OPEN]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi
Pursing his lips, Remi tilted his head and nodded thoughtfully. "That is certainly true, although I would hate for your waiting room to become unnecessarily full because we made it sound too inviting." The alchemist joked merrily. "Then again-" He said wiggling his hands at her. "Perhaps then you really will have need of an extra set of hands."

Taking out another piece of paper, Remi began to write something about the Rathskeller but then decided against it. It had been Vai's idea after all. He'd let her do the honours.

"Are you our primary healer now, would you say?" Remi mused out loud. Previously there had been Mariella and Delphine, and while he'd seen Delphi the day they'd all arrived, he'd not seen her since. If something were to happen, surely it wouldn't all fall to Isla, would it?
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

"You'd be surprised, Remi, but even in my short time in Northaven that waiting room was always unnecessarily ful." She grinned, shrugging her shoulders to him, and as he pointed out that she'd need an extra pair of hands if that was the case, she chuckled. "I certainly won't be complaining either way. I'd be a fool to turn down help from anyone - especially someone with a brain like yours." She winked at Remi.

It was her turn to potter about with a notice now, Isla writing out a warning about the Outskirts that hopefully wouldn't come across as making it seem like too much of a spectacle. She listed symptoms about being out near the magnetic field, along with a warning, holding it up when she was done. "Does that look okay?" She would wait for his clarification before tacking it up.

At his question, Isla chewed her lip thoughtfully. "Well, no one else came forward to help me set up our infirmary - and when we first arrived I was the only one providing any medical care. It's... not fantastic, given that I'm not..." She shrugged. It didn't need saying - she didn't have healing magic, so obviously she was inferior to the Mariellas and Delphines of the world.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
"Ahh, I could be all talk though." The alchemist said with a cheeky grin and a smile. After all, it had been Isla so far coming up with all the good ideas.

Glancing at what she had written, the alchemist studied the words carefully, taking a moment to ponder. Had Rory said anything else worth writing down? Nibbling his lip carefully as he re-read the notice one more time, he couldn't think of anything additional to add. "Yes, I think so." He agreed.

Remi frowned. His earlier comment about her waiting room being full was meant mostly in jest. However if she really was their only healer, it could become an eventuality fairly quickly. Never having access to magic himself either, Remi was not hung up on the use of more 'mundane' skills; merely the fact that only Isla seemed to have them.

Perhaps the alchemist would not stay an alchemist for much longer...

"Well, me neither. " He agreed with a wink. Remi wouldn't go so far as to say magic was overrated (it wasn't, it was certainly a wonderful thing), but it wasn't the be all and end all. Both Remi and Isla were examples of that.

"It might be worth trying to find more of Rory's people...surely they must have healers and the like? Perhaps we can learn what they've been using for medicinal plants?"
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

Remi could be all talk, but Isla sincerely doubted it, the doctor grinning back at him and glancing down at the notice as it gained his approval. She nodded, moving forward to pin it up beside the missing posters and seeming satisfied. Her expression softened at Remi's reassurances about not having magic. It certainly was wonderful and, given her family's penchant for the healing variety, it would be a lie to say she didn't feel inadequate at least some of the time. She raised her eyebrows, his suggestion drawing a bright smile from her.

"That is a very good idea," she agreed. "I can identify some plants and herbs that might be useful, but I'll admit that I'm worried this place might not have them, or might have different ones. Last thing I want to do is hurt anyone."

She nudged Remi gently. "Thank you," she said. "I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow at the infirmary, then?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

"Agreed." Remi said, thinking about the implications of the different plant-life here for his own work as well. Unlike Isla however, his work didn't normally impact others unless he wished for it to. He could experiment all he liked without the need to consider whether or not it would cause harm. The healer certainly had a much more high-stake reason for wanting to carefully study this new world.

Smiling at her, Remi gazed into her eyes for just a moment, noting not for the first time just how beautiful she was. However it was in a way which felt refreshing. Perhaps it was because they were not in Northaven and he wasn't wondering about her status and she wasn't wearing some elaborate gown. Her beauty was simple and made sense to him. "I think you shall." He agreed with a ready smile.