Site Wide Event Where Angels Fear to Tread
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren
Not afraid to use every trick in the book

Loren’s eyes widened as a familiar voice called out to him; Zariah had apparently made it to wherever here was, which was both a relief and an immediate source of concern. While the Launceleyns obviously put family first, some of them were better at that than others. Although Zariah tried her best, under her leadership the family had started to fall apart. And now apparently they’d lost Beatrix. On top of that, Zariah had another kid, which, well, Loren would deal with that later. For now, Beatrix was their first priority.  "Zariah, what's with the new kid? Actually, it can wait. For now, stay calm and stay here. I’ll find Bea, I promise." Seeing as Edrei was perfectly capable of following orders—she just often chose not to because she was petty and petulant—the librarian waited until he was sure Zariah would stay put before he began his search. "Beatrix? Bea! It’s Loren." Hopefully she had just wandered off a short distance.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
remi
I had a dream about a burning house. You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out
I lay beside you and pulled you close. And the two of us went up in smoke

As Loren moved to embrace the captain, Remi's heart clenched. Not out of jealousy by any means, but merely because in the wake of all that had happened–perhaps absurdly so–Loren's touch was all that the alchemist craved. His mind was dizzy for his need and despite the orders and direction between called out, the lingering warmth and feel of the librarian against him invaded the former shape-changers thoughts such that his mouth felt dry and his focus was made weak.

Perhaps for the better, his attention was grabbed by Celosia, whose comment immediately coaxed a distracted but genuine smile. "I suppose I haven't much of a choice, do I?" The alchemist said with a laugh, running a hand through his curls. Glancing around at the barren landscape, he shrugged before turning back to the former elementalist. "Though I think I preferred the garden to...wherever this is.

As Ashetta threw her arms around Vai, the alchemist stepped back with a wide grin. He was of course happy to see the assassin, but even more so he was happy to see mother and daughter reunited again.

Hearing his name, Remi turned with bright anticipation recognizing the sound almost instantly. Delphine. Finding the hazel-eyed woman moving towards him, he parted from Vai and Cel moving to her swiftly. Reaching his arms around her, he pulled Delphine into a tight hug, before dropping to his knees to regard the girls. Had they always been this big? Had they...Blinking slightly, Remi shook his head. Why were his thoughts so cloudy? "Hello you two." He whispered to Bryony and Acantha, winking at them playfully. Rising to regard their mother, Remi offered her a sad smile and shook his head. "I've no idea...I don't think anyone does at the moment.."

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix was confused. Very, very confused. The last thing she remembered was walking down the street, holding her mother's hand. Then suddenly it all went dark. Her body ached and she didn't like it. Her mind was a jumble. When the light came back the road was gone, the houses were gone, mother and Jace were gone. She was in this scary place instead and she was alone and scared and confused. Her lip stuck out in a pout, trembling a bit as she teared up. What happened?

"Mom?" She said quietly at first, wrapping her arms around her waist. Nothing. She sniffled and wipes at her eyes as she looked around. There was no one at all it looked like. "Mom?!" She shouted this time. Nothing. Her heart started racing. This was terrifying and she wanted to go home. She managed to get her feet to move and she started running in a random direction.

"Mom! Loren! Neron! Edy! Where are you!?" She shouted as she ran. Her shoe caught on a rock and she fell forward, face planting in the dirt. Her knee stung, as did the palms of her hands, but she picked herself back uo and kept running. "Hello?! Anybody?!"
Vanya Hali

Age: 35 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Jaecarys Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Vanya squeezed her eyes shut when his arms closed around her, and she held herself tighter to him. She was shaking from head to toe, the weight of whatever was happening crashing in. Ronin was like an anchor though, and she let out a long breath she didn't realize she'd been holding when she felt his hand curling gently into her hair. Better. This was better.

Then his breath whispered against her ear, and her breath hitched in her chest, sending her heart racing. Her eyes prickled with the kiss to her cheek, but she was smiling to him with what could only be relief. He was here. He was here, wherever here was, and she felt like things might be okay. She'd find her family. If he was okay, they had to be too. With him, everything would be alright.

She nearly protested his coat - nearly. She couldn't though, he wouldn't have had it, and the kiss to her forehead was enough to silence her. She let her eyes fall shut, and she murmured something quietly, loud enough for only him. Vanya huffed a breath and looked up at him, nodding. ”And I'm just fine, Ronin,” she answered with a flicker of a smirk, and she laced her fingers into his. She had to maintain some kind of contact. She bit down on her lip as her other arm crossed over her middle, brows pulling together. ”Ronin, I-”

Vanya broke off when Captain Roana Steadman stepped forward, and she forced down the initial surge of heat in her chest.. though her hand tightened on Ronin's. She took a breath and looked up at him, offering him a brief smile that said later. ”Do your thing, Captain.”
Moses-Joel Perfetti

Age: 37 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Xove Offline
Change author:
When the princess backed away from Perfetti, he watched her as she denied his claims and regarded herself as nothing more than a servant. But she was so much more than that, and Moses knew that. She was the Prince's world, his devastation at her loss rippling through everyone with equal sorrow. Even he, a Bloodfiend who had no relations or correlation to who they were at all, was affected by her passing. And now she stood here and refused to believe that was true. There had to be something else going on here. Yet before Moses could ask any more questions, Enya interjected her thoughts once more.

"Are you sure, Joel?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Admittedly, his remark was a little jarring to his wife, and he immediately regretted the tone in which he answered her. His gaze momentarily dropped in guilt before he spoke again. "Forgive me." She understandingly shook her head towards him, knowing that everyone here was a little on edge.

"No harm done, dear," she replied. She then joined her husband slowly, not wishing to scare the young woman off or intimidate her further. Amaya was an awfully quiet thing, after all, and the last thing Enya wanted to seem was imposing. Moses knew that she had a way with people like the Princ- er, the servant-girl, so he allowed her to speak with the Magic Original once more.

"Miss Amaya, if I may ask you... Did you ever fall unconscious while you were there? In the woods?"
Amaya1 Sutherland

Age: 5 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Wolfsong Offline
Change author:
Amaya was scared. Something wasn't right, and at the moment all she wanted was to go home. But where was home?

She looked again at the soldier and his wife, watching as they talked amongst themselves before addressing the albino again. Did she ever fall unconscious? Well, yes, but she remembered waking up enough to know that she was in Ursa's arms. Everything else was a fog.

"I was saved from the woods...I know I was. I was going to be okay, just cold."

She didn't want to accept that she had died, but something told her that this was not how it had happened. She rubbed her arms as if she were trying to rub off a chill. She dropped her gaze, fighting an urge to cry in fear. Fear of the unknown.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
R O N I N

Ronin felt heat rise to his cheeks at Vanya 's whispered words, a gentle smile tugging at his lips; he linked his fingers with hers and gave her hand a comforting squeeze, kissing the back of it briefly before Roana drew his attention back to the here and now. Do your thing, Captain. He didn't need telling twice. Glancing down at Roana's children (though he couldn't for the life of him remember when she'd had triplets or where her daughter might be), he was pleased to see that all looked unharmed, his fellow captain included. She was right, though, about the need for the basics.

"Where are our conjurers?" he asked. "And I know of a few who have rings capable of producing water and food - that might be a good start." So saying, he raised his free hand to trigger his light ring, and a halo of warm gold bathed the area directly around them. That should help people orient themselves toward the centre of the group, and help to stave off the chill of the rain.

Edera Granger

Age: 25 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: GlassPuzzle Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Today was going to be yet another boring day, wasn't it? There wasn't much to do other than chores. Edera Granger wanted more out of life than this boring life stuck in the Hallowed Grounds. She wanted to know what lies beyond the ruins she lived in. But for now, it was her turn to check in on the cows. They were doing worse this year than ever. Hopefully, something would change soon, because, at this rate, everyone would die soon.

As she was heading back from checking on the cows, she blinked. It may have been a simple action, but it was an action that would change her life. cause BAM. People just appeared! This girl just stood there as she looked on at all the confused newcomers. This day wasn't going to be boring after all. She grinned and ran towards the crowd, bobbing and weaving to get a look at everyone.

"Wow! Hello! Hello! Hi!" she kept saying hello to everyone. She would have to tell everyone that new blood had just appeared! Maybe these people could help somehow?
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
Neron, Astra, Sulis – all of them were missing too. Zariah was tempted to swear but a gut feeling told her that if she did the toddler in her arms would be repeating it for awhile. While Edrei might have liked that, she didn’t particularly want Jace running around shouting, ‘shit!’ at the top of his lungs. Her attention moved to Loren as he spoke, her brow furrowing in confused. “It’s Jace, my son…don’t you remember?” she said in confusion. This was all very weird and doing nothing to ease her worries.

“Let’s go look for them then.” She said to Edrei. What else was there to do? They had to make sure they were actually missing…and hope that they weren’t as they did so. The thought of Beatrix not being there made her want to vomit, and she wasn’t sure why but her heart particularly ached at the thought of Neron being gone. Ugh. Why was this happening?

“Bea! Beatrix where are you!?” she called, going the opposite way of Loren to cover more ground.
Devrum Calob
Farmer / Butcher

Age: 45 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
Dust clouds puffed with every slow and steady breath that was taken as Devrum lay face down on the cold bitter ground. A warm sensation lapped against his face as his feral eyes opened to the sight of a hound licking him. The hound was of medium length, black with a white stripe going down its snout. He blinked slowly as his eyes squinted, a growl was given as the dog backed away. Devrum's body mass rippled and grew as his paw-like hands dug into the ground.

The beast revealed itself and stretched out with a echoing roar. So long had it been since it had the chance to stretch its full length. Black, beastly eyes widened when it realized what it was doing, and soon Devrum shifted back to himself. Fingers still dug into the ground as his breath became startled. He glanced to his wrist and found no modified band...he glanced to the hound that awoke him as if it had the answers, to which it merely sat and then laid on the ground with a whimper as if making it clear it held no answers for him, but held concern for this man it had discovered.

"The fuck is going on..." he muttered more to himself than anything as he staggered to his feet. Voices in the distance could be heard, though he wasn't sure if it were true or perhaps some illusion or dream...that spire...the baron lands...he recognized none of it. Unprovoked, the hound slowly approached and began licking Devrum's fingers, drawing his attention to it as he crouched and scratched against its cheek.

"Where are we dog? Not a clue...just like me...right?" Devrum stood and chose to move toward the voices. The new found hound walking along side him as he caught sight of Vervain and Ashetta in the distance. He stopped for only a moment to see if they would fade or blur from his vision...but they remained. Cautiously, slowly he began walking toward them. The hound at his side letting out an audible bark to draw their attention as Devrum made his way over. They were real...he realized this and a smirk began to slowly lift his thick, bearded cheeks into a curl.

"You're safe..." He grumbled in his natural stern rasp as he clasped Vervain's cheeks and kissed her before she could utter any words or fully acknowledge him, lifting her and holding her up for a long beat before he realized the others. He turned to Ashetta and lowered Vervain before hugging Ashetta to the point it'd be difficult for her to draw breath, a deep kiss pressed to her forehead as he inhaled her scent as if assuring himself it was really her. He left his nose buried in her hair as he looked around. "...I don't remember any of this..." Devrum turned to Vervain though he still held Ashe. "...what is this place?"

Age: 34 | Height: 6' 5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 280
Brus watched the crowd seem to form together. So many people that he didn't know, nor did he care to know. If they left him alone then he would leave them alone.

His arms crossed and his gaze shifted to the rest of his surroundings, just in time to see a child fall and scrape her knee. He quirked an eyebrow, and after a moment to make sure that no one was watching him (he didn't want people to see his softer side) he went to the child.

He knelt down in front of her, looking her knee over if she allowed. "Are you okay, kid? That was some fall you had." She looked scared, but so did everyone else in this gods forsaken place. The difference was she was a child with no parent around to comfort her. Where were her parents? "Do you have a mother? A father?"

Beatrix
Beatrix Launceleyn

Age: 25 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Beatrix sniffled as she stood, brushing off her skirt with sore hands. She just wanted to find her momma and go home! But a familiar sound caught her attention, and she looked up just in time to see an unfamiliar man approached. Mother had warned her about strangers before but…well this one seemed nice. He crouched down in front of her and she sniffled again, roughly wiping at her eyes and cheeks to dry her tears. It was important to be tough. Mother always reminded her that.

“Yeah, I’m okay…” she said quietly, her voice hitching a bit as she half hiccupped half hyperventilated air as she tried to stop crying. Her hands hurt and her knees hurt from her fall but it wasn’t too bad. “I have a mom but I don’t know where she is.” She said, starting to get upset again as big alligator tears rolled down her cheeks. “I can’t find her anywhere. Or Neron. Or Loren. Or Edy.” She said with a hiccup, her voice getting a little higher pitched near the end. “I just wanna go home.”

Age: 34 | Height: 6' 5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 280
She was crying. Oh gosh, nothing was worse than a child who was crying. Not the sound or anything, but the faces they made. It was enough to break a man's heart, even someone as hard hearted as Brus. He sighed, and offered a hand.

"Are you from a place called North.... something." He took a moment to remember what the man had said. "Northaven?"

He'd wait for an answer before straightening up. "Come on, there's a group of people this way. Maybe one of them knows who your mother is, or any of those other people you said."

Beatrix
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

Things were getting organised, if there was any such thing as organisation in this chaos. And while Vervain watched things assemble in their rudimentary ways, her mind wandered, her eyes searching each new face that arrived with an increasing worry weighing heavily in the pit of her stomach. Then a dog's bark cut through the air and she turned, more to investigate a suddenly animal noise in this place without life. And she saw him.

Devrum

"And you're late," she managed to get out before his rough hands cupped her cheeks and their lips met. Vai melted into the touch, her arm looping around his neck as he lifted her, and even as he let her go once more to embrace their daughter, she couldn't help but still feel relieved - to still look him over, make certain he was really there.

"I've not the foggiest," she said, ruffling a hand through her curls. "My memory is a little fuzzy too... it sure as hell isn't Northaven, though."

vervain
where the wild things are