just a little bit more
For Locke
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
Out of the blue, everything's new
Sam stood atop a stool, trying desperately to push a finished book onto a high top shelf. It was a tome of translations of flora in Halo - not something anyone was likely to want anytime soon - and so he was trying to keep it out of the way of the more popular offerings (romances and adventures, usually). His short stature was working against him, along with the normal fatigue that came when it had been a while since an Ascended had drunk.

The book slotted into the shelf finally and he quickly stepped down, flopping into the nearest chair with a woomphf and sinking into the cushions. Soon, he'd need to visit a Shrine, drink from the Voice. It had been a long time since he'd had anyone that let him drink from them, so Sam had grown accustomed to taking the succor that their Goddess offered.

But before he could set off there were a couple more hours of daylight, and thus a couple more hours of open time for the shop. Secretly hoping no customers would arrive, Sam closed his eyes and leaned his head on the back of the chair, listening to Mia softly padding around on the floor above.
All the talk we heard was true
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
Oh look a bookstore! He loves books! Except he doesn't. Not really. Man can hardly write let alone read. But Maeve likes books and he likes Maeve so heyo! Plus, he'd be a shitty boyfriend? Whatever he is. If he didn't bring her back something. He pushes the door open only to find it empty.

Huh. Well, no harm in stealing one, right? Sure, the Voice had told him to be a good boy but what the owner doesn't know won't hurt them, right? He can bring it back when Maeve's done. He finds himself wandering deeper into the books, fingers trailing over spines and lettering. Theft would be a lot easier if he knew what he was looking for. Softly, he clicks his tongue. Looks like he's going to have to do this the good boy way.

He wanders further before he spots a shock of ginger hair. "Excuse me? Sorry to bother you. I'm just looking for a book." As if he knows what he's looking for.
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam did hear someone enter the store, but allowed himself to stay where he was for just a moment, hoping they might turn around and leave once they realised this wasn't somewhere more useful like the butchers or the apothecary. But no, the visitor seemed determined to come in, so he stood up and stretched, turning to look at Locke as he spoke.

He didn't recognise the man and for a second there was a blip of panic, the worry that this might be yet another person that hated Ascended; there was no way to tell. But Locke didn't seem to flinch when he saw Sam in all his pale and fanged glory.

"Its no bother." Walking into the middle of the room Sam looked around at the shelves, gesturing to them. "What kind of thing are you looking for?" With so many options in the store, Locke would need to be a little more specific. He just hoped it wasn't Halo's flora and fauna.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Honestly, Locke didn't notice that he was an Ascended at first. And when he does notice? Well, isn't he just the luckiest. The Voice had told him to be friendly, to share his abilities with the Ascended and all that. Here's his chance right? He follows after the other man, eyeing him and the books curiously.

"Well, romance maybe? Or maybe somethin' about plants. Like good night gardens? Or herbs?" He tilts his head in thought, "She's real smart and well read. Got anything kind of.. New? Or unusual? Rare?" Locke raises an eyebrow, "Could do a little trade. Your book for some of my blood, yeah? Don't know if that'll get me anything nicer but been told I'm a pretty good meal." He's walking somewhere between flirting and making casual conversation. He'll shift gears depending on how Sam reacts.
These conversations kill
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Romance to herbs was really quite a range, but after several years working in the shop, Sam was used to dealing with customers who didn't really know what they wanted. "If you want unusual...I have a few copies of a selection of Outlander myths and stori-" He was cut short in his speech and steps towards the shelf as Locke offered up his blood as casually as one might discuss any other payment.

Sam blinked a couple of times and swallowed. "I, um..." No one had ever suggested they give blood for books before and he stared at Locke, for a moment wondering if this was some kind of trick, a ploy to get him to reveal his true bloodlust or monstrous ways...but the man seemed genuine enough. That, and his tired body cried out for it.

"If...if you really mean that, then we can certainly do...that. But you do know what Ascended drinking is like? I mean, you've done it before?" Meaning: You know it's kind of horny, right?
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He oohs softly, head tilting in thought. "Outlander stuff might be good. Honestly think she'll like anything I give her..." Locke trails off, clearly still internally debating. For a moment, he ignores Sam's question about the bite. As if he's unsure of the trade. Best to maybe not seem too eager, right?

But he meets the other's gaze, pulling the side of his collar down to show off the array of bite scars he already has. "Course I do. Wouldn't be offering if I didn't. But-" He lets go of his collar, holding the hand up instead, "Only offering up my blood. No funny business. Don't think my significant other would be down for it." Why was he given the horniest quest after he was tied down?
These conversations kill
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Oh? Sounds like she must like you." Sam answered with a smile, recovering himself and selecting a volume from the shelf that slid out easily into his hands. A green leather cover simply bore the words: TALES FROM OUTWORLDS V1. For a moment he held it and regarded it himself, looking over his own handiwork, then he placed it on the counter in the middle of the room. Locke wouldn't need it right away, given his method of payment.

Was he disappointed that it would be no more than a bite? Maybe a little (Locke was quite handsome), but Sam wouldn't turn down a simple feeding either. He raised his eyebrows at the array of bite marks on Locke's neck. "Wow, um, if I can ask...why so many?"

As for making it less intimate, he spoke as he went to lock the door: "If you want, I can take it from your wrist."
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
"Fucking hope so. Be real awkward if she didn't." The book is only one half of his plans. He watches Sam pick one, leaning forward to look at it before it's placed on the counter. It looks good. Not that he would know but it looks like it'd be pretty on a shelf at the very least.

Sam goes to lock the door and he feels no small measure of excitement. He's practically vibrating with it at this point. "I like it. Plus the Voice asked me to do it. Kinda." Most of these were before that. But still. "I got some shifts and stuff you can use. I think that's how it works." His head tilts in thought for a moment as he thinks before he finds Sam again.

"Whatever you're most comfortable with. I've only ever had bites on my neck." If there's some kind of decorum to all of this, Locke doesn't know it. He holds out his wrist anyway, no need to seem too eager. "Don't be afraid to drink deeply. I'm a big boy, I can handle it." At least, no one's ever.. killed him doing this before. It doesn't even occur to him that it can happen.
These conversations kill
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
That the Voice had asked Locke to do this was curious; usually, she didn't deal with or request things of those that weren't yet her children. Sam hummed, wondering if it was true; for a moment his mind threw up all kinds of possibilities, that Locke was some kind of Order agent with poison blood or that the door would fly open to a million horrified gawkers...but he swallowed those thoughts away with a slight shake of his head as he turned away from the door.

Most of the time, his worst thoughts never came true.

"Well, it's just most people find it's less...um, awkward, from the wrist, if you aren't..." He waved a hand around, struggling to find the words when talking to a stranger. Hopefully Locke would get it. Gently, he reached out to take Locke's wrist, then paused. "Still, you should sit down. Just in case." If Locke was alright with that, once they were settled by the seats in the corner of the room, Sam would bite into his wrist.

While the idea of drinking blood still sat uneasily with Sam, it was hard to deny how sweet the first rush was, how the shiver of pleasure and content that rocked through his body felt like a sigh of relief; he held back a moan, keeping in mind the arrangement, but he did close his eyes and lose himself for a moment in the sensation, mindlessly taking from Locke's veins.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Whatever crosses Sam's mind, Locke doesn't notice. The thought that is different or awkward doesn't even really strike him. He's just kind of quietly excited as Sam leads him to the seats. He holds up his wrist after he sits and watches with curiosity as Sam bites him. He's never been able to see what's happening before.

It makes the anticipation a bit worse but the pay off is totally worth it. He squirms a bit, watching the Ascended's face. He hates that he can't do anything with this, the deep, warm pleasure coursing through him. His toes curl in his boots and he tries very hard to behave. He does find himself staring though, watching for little signs of anything on Sam's face, at least until he catches himself, hazel eyes dipping away. No need to make this more awkward for anyone involved.
These conversations kill
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Sam's brows furrowed just a little as he concentrated on not revealing anything in his face that would make this an inappropriate encounter; he was reminded of what felt like lifetimes ago, drinking from Zephyr. There were moans held back, though it wasn't too hard - he'd done this enough now to know where his limit was, to know how to drink slowly enough not to overwhelm himself.

Once the strength had flooded back into his veins, the sensation of energy palpable spreading through his body, he gently took his fangs away, pulling away as slowly as possible to do minimal damage to Locke's wrist. Clearing his throat, glad he no longer had anything that could tell on him between his legs, Sam reached for the handkerchief he kept his his pocket and pressed it to the wound to stop the initial flow of blood.

"Thank you. I don't get to drink much. It's always - ah - special." He said with a slight smile, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
He always feels a little fuzzy headed for a moment so he's glad he's sitting. And glad that Sam seems to know what to do, staunching the blood. He had been distracted, watching it bead on his arm until the napkin was pressed to it. He sits for a moment longer before standing up. "Well, if you're ever in Torchline, I'm sure you'll find me. I'm always happy to share a pint. Beer or blood." He scoops the book up, walking a tad slower than he might otherwise.

The book is tucked under his arm as he unlocks the door. He gives Sam another small wave before ducking back out into the street.

-Fin!-
These conversations kill