swept off my feet
For Ru <3
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Age: 31 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Camilla

The heat isn't nearly as stifling here as it is in other parts of Caido. It allows for Camilla to take her time, meandering along the water front, stopping occasionally to speak to the different craftsman who are peddling their wares. Her smile is bright, wrinkling her nose as she laughs at something one of them says to her, rolling her eyes almost affectionately at them. "You're too much. I'll have your order to you soon." The woman quips back, slipping away from the stall, the heels of her sandals echoing across the wooden planks that line the small walkways here.

The Abandoned shifts amber eyes towards the water, momentarily distracted by the way the water glistens with the sunlight, the top of the crystal clear surface gleaming and glittering, drawing her to the edge like a magpie to treasure. She's so distracted that she doesn't even notice the blonde haired woman walking the same way. Camilla runs right into her, losing her balance and stumbling backwards with a yelp, moment from falling flat on her ass.
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting for you
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Ru is in need of new fabric today, though need is a bit of an intense word considering it’s entirely her own desires guiding her. She may not have a shop anymore, but the itch to make clothes doesn’t care for such details. General equipment already available, what remains now is the far more enjoyable task of perusing bolts upon bolts of lovely fabric crafted by talented Fae hands. Their manner of dress is different from any of the other lands, and Hotaru is eager to recreate her own visions in their colors and styles.

She is normally rather sharply aware of her surroundings, but she is approaching a new potential seller when someone else equally distracted smashes into her. Stumbling, the Valkyrie plants herself quickly, hands automatically coming to wrap around the person who is clearly not so lucky or sure-footed. Luckily Hotaru is stronger than her appearance, the woman in her arms caught in an awkward dip leaning out towards the water. “I gotcha, you okay?” she doesn’t even grunt as she hauls the woman back to solid ground, settling her and checking her over briefly with her eyes.
as a child I only wanted to heal
now I want to be an abomination
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Age: 31 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Camilla

Her hands shoot out instantly to latch onto the arms that reach out to catch her, eyes widening as she looks up at her savior, her golden hair haloed by sunlight. For a moment she's awestruck, breathless and unable to speak, caught in this mystery woman's grasp. Only when she's suddenly back on her feet does she manage to break herself out of her stupor. "I'm okay." Camilla exhales, a tentative smile curling on her lips as she reaches up, ticking a stray curl behind her ear. "Thank you. I suppose I need to pay more attention to where I'm going."

She laughs softly, a faint flush rising to her cheeks, taking a moment to look the woman over. Honey brown eyes slip over the Valkyrie's form, making note of the fabric before she meets her gaze, "Are you shopping for a project?" She asks, curiosity coloring her tone as her head tilts to the side, reaching out to run her fingers over the fabric. "This fabric is known to fray if you're not careful with finishing the edges. In case you didn't know..."
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru quirks a brow at the woman, a small smile on the corner of her mouth. “Good. Though yes, probably for the best - few of the Fae would have been able to catch you.” What with their petite statures. Saying nothing of their inclinations, as they likely would have let it happen anyway.

It seems the woman is intrigued however, as she doesn’t move on her way to continue her own shopping. The fabric in the crook of her arm clearly catches her interest, though Hotaru can’t help a wry grin. “I’m a seamstress darling, never fret. Though these days the only dresses I make are for myself.” The one she’s wearing is one such project, as she’d had to replace everything material after fleeing Halo. “Are you a fellow then? Or here for a different project?” No harm in striking up conversation.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

Camilla catches the edge of the smile, feeling her lips twitch to match the woman's, "I'm aware. While they enjoy my company well enough, I know they wouldn't hesitate to let me fall." She huffs out through a laugh, bottom lip catching between her lip in a shy smile as she looks up to meet Hotaru's gaze from beneath blonde lashes. Camilla had lived here long enough to know that the Fae merely tolerated the presence of humans in their woods. Not that she blamed them.

The freely given term of endearment causes her cheeks to flush further, the color rising high on her face, "Sorry, it's a bad habit." Sharing tips and tricks when they aren't asked for. Her eyes dip down to the dress she's wearing, noting how it doesn't resemble any of the fashion here, nor anywhere in Caido that she's familiar with. "Did you make the one you're wearing? The color rather suits you and the embroidery is lovely." Always one to be distracted by the work of fellow crafters, Camilla doesn't hesitate to ask her questions, but does manage to keep herself from touching despite the urge to do so.

"Oh, yes. I have my own shop in the Branches. I often come here to trade. Many of the people here are regulars of mine." Camilla pauses, head cocking to the side as she regards the other woman, "I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you fairly new to the woods?"
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
“And then make it seem like you’ve burdened them irreparably with your disruption,” she agrees with a more pronounced tilt to her lips, good-humored. It’s mostly teasing; Ru enjoys the Fae quite a lot, so similar to herself in their mannerisms, adept at twisting words and meanings to avoid having to lie.

The color in the woman’s cheeks is noted a little distantly. Perhaps a twitch of mischief in her lips at seeing it, but not pursuing it further. Instead she lowers a hand to smooth down her belly, then plucking at the outer layer to fan out the bottom of her dress. “Yes, I made this last spring. Embroidering by hand may take ages, but it’s always worth the outcome. Thank you for such kind compliments,” she purrs like the bit cat she is, always pleased to have her ego stroked. Though she offers the fabric in her hand outward for the woman to touch as she so clearly wants to.

Interest peaks blonde brows, and perhaps a bit of appreciation for the woman’s sharpness. “A season or two now, yes. I mostly do my trading in the Sea of Branches, this is my first time in the Village.” It has been opened to humans for some time yet, but still it felt taboo. “What sort of shop do you run?”
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

"Exactly. How could we ever impose on them in such a way?" She giggles, the sound soft and girlish, causing dimples to appear in her cheeks as she tips her head to the side. Camilla wasn't bothered by the Fae. Their temperament was something that Camilla had grown used to having lived in their presence her entire life.

Honey brown eyes track the movement of her hand, noting the way it smooths over her belly, flattening the fabric to the slight curve of her stomach before she's spreading the skirt of her dress. Her attention is drawn then to the embroidery as Hotaru mentions the fact that it was all done by hand. It draws a soft hum from her lips and she doesn't turn down the opprotunity to examine the work closer. With great care, the Abandoned reaches for the fabric, lightly tracing fingertips over each stich. "Of course. How could I not compliment such lovely work?" She replies, voice dipping slightly into a murmur as she glances back up at her, lips twitching into an almost playful smirk.

Camilla straightens, shoulders rolling back proudly, "I thought you were new. I've seen you there before." There were plenty of opportunities for people watching and while humans weren't incredibly uncommon anymore in the Sea of Branches, it would have been hard not to notice her. "I dabble in the art of creation." Those who knew what it was to have creation magic would put it together quickly. "I trade those items among others. Dresses, supplies, weapons... That kind of thing." She shrugs her shoulders daintily, that flush deepening slightly on her cheeks as she attempts to downplay what it is she actually does.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru admires the woman as she in turn admires the Valkyrie's handiwork. She is young, distinctly feminine and almost girlish. Not Ru's type, normally, but her warmth is appreciated. As is her keen eye. Craftsmen of all walks have usually been of a similar mind to Hotaru, and though she hadn't planned on such an encounter as this today, she's always happy to be flattered and to show off her hard-won skills. Though Hotaru's grin instead morphs into a surprised expression, which then settles into a lovely smirk.

"Am I that recognizable?" she teases, happy to have caught out the woman on her self-professed wandering eye. Even if it was for entirely innocent reasons, the Valkyrie isn't one to let such an opportunity pass by to needle and flirt. Though it's a shame the lass moves on so quickly, even if Ru had been the one to ask. Fair brows rise high, the particular wording harkening back to when her own creation abilities had existed. "Is that so? My magic used to be inclined towards it, but I scarcely use it now. Do you have a store here? I'd love to barter something." Especially if the woman's wares are of the same quality she has seen Deimos create. Plus it would be nice for a more proper excuse to hang around now that Camilla is no longer at risk of falling into the water because of Hotaru.
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

Camilla wasn't exactly a shy girl. She didn't typically allow herself to be embarrassed or made to blush so easily, but then again, she hadn't ever run into a woman that left her struggling to focus on anything other than her eyes. The mismatched gaze breathtaking, rooting her to the spot as if she'd used magic instead, willing the earth to keep her in place. Instead it was nothing but her. The enchantress lets out a breath at the smirk, devastated all over again by the beauty before her, honey gaze widening as the question is posed to her.

"I'd be a fool not to notice you." Camilla murmurs, feeling a flush rise high on her cheeks, coloring the skin in a delightful pink wash. She realizes what she says, lips parting as she struggles to recover, "I just mean that... Uhm, well, you're very beautiful. Hard to miss." That doesn't help and she internally groans.

Thankfully Hotaru saves her from further humiliations and fingers fall away from the fabric of the woman's dress. "I do... You should come by. I'd love to dress you. It's not often I get someone willing to entertain my gushing about such things." Would it be too forward to invite back now? Surely it would. Even if she had saved her from tumbling into the water.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
The forthright answer is endearing and disarming in equal measure, though not enough to set Ru entirely on the back foot. Her soft laugh is clearly charmed, the pink of her ears the only indication of her pleasure at the comment. Camilla’s flush is far more apparent however, which lends Ru a boldness, confident in her upper hand. “Thank you darling. You’re quite the art yourself - I’m happy to have caught you.” And the way the sunlight hits her mismatched eyes makes it clear the wording is intentional. Ru has never been prey after all.

Too forward? Oh, not for someone like Ru. Her smirk is positively wicked as she aims it at Camilla. “It’s not often someone offers to dress me over the alternative,” she purrs, “and certainly not before I learn their name. I’m Hotaru.” She gracefully plucks the woman’s hand back from where it had fallen away from the fabric of her dress, lifting it to press a kiss to the knuckles.
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

Her smile only grows as Hotaru laughs, seemingly pleased by her comment, leaving the woman with a fluttering in her stomach. She dips her head at the compliment which is levied her way, waving her off with her free hand, "You're very kind to say so." The enchantress laughs, glancing back up at her from beneath her lashes. "I'm quite happy too. I can't say I look nearly as good wet." It isn't until the words are past her lips that she realizes what she's said and Ru doesn't make it any easier, continuing to lay the innuendo on thickly, causing her pulse to pound all the harder.

"Oh, well, I mean- It's not that I wouldn't like to undress you to or that.. you're not desirable-" Her mouth snaps shut, teeth clacking with how quickly she does it, honey gaze wide in disbelief of her own words. Since when did she forget how to speak properly? Gods, this was embarrassing. "Camilla." She squeaks. "It's nice to meet you Hotaru." Is all she manages to get out before petal soft lips are brushing across the skin of her knuckles in a kiss.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
By the widening of the woman’s eyes - subtle, but telling - she knows how wide open she has left herself to innuendo. Hotaru’s laugh is bell-like, taking pity only in small measures as she grins slowly. “I’d beg to differ, but I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing it.” Bicolored eyes drag intentionally down, then up, and her mouth twists into a smirk. “Yet.” An offer? A promise? It’s unclear, but it’s heavy with anticipation.

Her smirk only grows as Camilla - newly named, at that - fumbles with her clear desires, but she doesn’t laugh. No, she’d never want someone to feel embarrassed or shamed for wanting Hotaru. It’s quite the compliment after all. “The pleasure is all mine. Care to show me your wares? I’d be happy to trade.” In a variety of favors at that. It seems today may be far more fortuitous than she had initially planned.
Camilla Ninette
Craftsman

Change author:
Camilla

Never before has Camilla felt so stripped bare while being fully clothed. It's the drag of Hotaru's eyes. The slow and deliberate way her lips wrap around the words, forming them on her tongue, and allowing them to slip past her teeth. Camilla finds herself clinging to each syllable, breath catching in her throat, a high flush coloring her cheeks as goosebumps threaten to erupt across her flesh. "Yet?" It's a whisper. A question tinged with hope and uncertainty, unwilling to allow her desire to show through too much, hating the idea of being disappointed should nothing actually come of Ru's pretty words.

"Oh. Oh. Uh, yes, of course. I have everything back at my shop." The Enchantress motions back behind her towards the smaller winding street that holds a few buildings. One of them being her own shop. "You're more than welcome to look through what I have." And while Camilla hadn't quite gotten to the point of thinking of what she could ask for in exchange, she likely wouldn't be far behind once the intention was laid out clearly as an option for the taking.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Camilla is clearly unused to such blatant interest and forthright declaration of it, as her voice trembles and pitches upward with a hopeful lilt. For her part, Ru’s eyes only kid further, expression heated but still impeccably controlled. Unashamed. “Yet,” she reaffirms, and then coyly smirks. “Depending on finding a suitable time and location that wouldn’t scar your customers,” she purrs, gleefully envisioning taking the beautiful woman over her workbench, customers and neighbors be damned.

Ru prowls after the woman on easy, graceful strides, letting her direct and never letting more than a foot of distance come between them. Making it so that Camilla cannot forget Ru’s presence even if she desired to. “Would you potentially have smoke pellets of some kind? A bag that would regenerate them” Something like her ice spheres, but understandably smaller than something Frey could create.