(SE) an open book with a torn out page
Isla!! <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
// and if i was the only thing you couldn't bear to lose,
i'd set fire to the wood, just so you wouldn't have to bury me too //
It was the first.” He hums in agreement, latching onto her offer of others willing to help, of the Grounds getting more visitors and he wonders if that’s coincidence or if there’s a reason, but he doesn’t know enough yet to connect the dots – too caught up in his own storm, as per usual, to see what was all changing around them. “I’m sure the expansion should be easy. Could convert the basement from the Guild I had into more rooms, too.” A multilevel complex of food and drink and bed that should do wonders for the Grounds.

But she gets him joking, and despite the terrible things that have happened, it feels both good and makes him feel guilty for cracking a smile at her answer. He follows through, though, lowering that raised scarred eyebrow of his, straightens his back, makes a show of looking at his clothes. “What’s wrong with my clothes?” He asks with the hint of a pout, before he’s following her as she turns down the way toward the Infirmary. “You know... I won’t be offended if you fire me for doing a piss-poor job, Isla.” He informs her with a small snort, giving into it because it was easy and she made it so infectious.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

"That's a good idea. I remember when I first came here to Caido, and the Rathskeller was the place everyone gathered whether they were Ascended or not. It would be good if we could turn the VlamVloed into a place like that again. I feel like the Hollowed Grounds needs a beating heart that isn't as sombre as the Temple," Isla says with a soft smile. A place where people could be (gods forbid) jovial, could let loose a bit.

Checking on his raised eyebrow and nodding her approval, the medic looks him up and down in a way much more befitting a duchess than a doctor. "Nothing is wrong with them, if we were going to load boxes in and out of warehouses. But I feel as though my patients will feel better if you don't look quite so obviously like you're willing to fight someone." She grins, because she can't blame Sunjata for it, but it's still not ideal.

"That remains to be seen. You might be very good at it, you know?" she says of his being a nurse. "Good to know you've got a thick skin about it, though."

ISLA
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
I wonder if the Voice might be willing to make a little thing to help take the edge off for you all that we could include.” He murmurs thoughtfully – before nodding in agreement to her thoughts. “I’m sorry to have helped burn down the Rathskeller.” He winces lightly, huffing a small sigh. “At least the wine spiders found a new home, hm?” He asks, still surprisingly partial to those little drunk arachnids.

He gets himself into shape for her, though, fixing that raised eyebrow, turning to face her as they walk so that she can inspect it. His question of his clothes is answered chipperly, one that reminds him so much of the day of Korofi ballroom dances that it almost hurts but still creates a small nostalgic hiccup of a laugh to leave him. “What screams less I’ll kick your ass?” He ask with a soft laugh. “A suit and tie? I haven’t worn one since my wedding.” He doubts that’s what she’s going for but he can’t help to play the game of polar opposites.

Thick enough skin.” He rumbles, still finding it easy to fall into her banter to forget about his own turmoil. “Don’t use me as a dart board.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"It's a nice idea, but I doubt it," Isla admits with a small smile as they approach the Temple. "There is a reason we are made like this, after all. If we find it difficult, that's our failing, not the Voice's." And as time goes on, it's true that it's getting less difficult to forget the taste of food and drink - how it's meant to taste, anyway - and earthly pleasure has become more of a mental thing. A great conversation, being with someone you care for, a good book, honing one's craft and so on. Likely the way her goddess meant for it to be.

Stepping in through the temple doors, Isla makes a beeline for the infirmary. "Oh, I don't know. Some fetching scrubs might do the job, but I have a feeling that any we try to put on you will show your midriff off to the world. And then we've got a different problem." Snickering, she holds the infirmary door open for Jata to go in first.

"Are you sure I can't? We're at a hospital - if you were ever going to be a dart board, here is probably the safest place. I suppose, though, you'll do in what you're wearing. If only because the scrubs might scare patients more." She winks.

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He nods in understanding – even if he still thinks the reasoning is bullshit. The fact that everyone needed a vice of some sort, it’s part of what kept oneself sane. And perhaps that’s the bite for the Ascended, a sensation that’s pleasant for all parties, but one that carries its own benefits too.

Stepping into the Infirmary, he can’t help but to let out an amused chuckle at her mention of his midriff in a pair of scrubs, Sunjata’s nose wrinkling a fraction as he turns in to make room for her to lead the way. “Doesn’t sound like a huge problem if you ask me.” He shakes his head, gesturing with his hand as if he’s passing it off.

As of being a dartboard, though, he can’t help but to groan a little in exasperation at the mention that the scrubs would scare the patients. “Fine, fine. Where to first?” He’s searching for a distraction, one that Isla has handed to him on a silver platter, and it’s one that he’s surprisingly eager to follow through with – if only to keep his mind from wandering too far into the dark.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Yes, well, your washboard abs might bring up morale, but they still aren't workplace friendly," Isla informs him with a grin, stepping into the infirmary as well and taking a moment to tug off her sweater, replacing it with her usual white doctor's coat. Sunjata might be helping out (and she has no doubt that he will be good help) but he's also a patient, whether he realises it or not. Isla is just prescribing him with distractions.

"Alright, first you can help me strip the sheets from the beds for the three patients that have been discharged. Then we can sanitise the operating theatre, and then we can run a list of stock to make sure we aren't running low on anything." No rest for the wicked, and Isla can certainly be considered wicked. As if to demonstrate that they have no time to lose, she whips off the nearest bedsheets and thrusts them at Sunjata.

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I mean, I guess.” Sunjata murmurs, clearly letting the amusement work to soothe his tired mind. She’s always been good at figuring out just what he needs in the moment – whether it’s the hard truth, some basic answers, or help. She was the one he’d seen when his father had plagued him, anyway. So it only makes sense that he’d drift back here to be around her again, fiddling around in the Infirmary because at least it’s a familiar place and Isla always welcomed him.

It's a relief.

He perks up as she addresses him and gives him instruction – the freshly minted demigod nodding as he makes a mental tally of everything that needs to be done. The sheets are a breeze, though Sunjata isn’t quite sure where to put them, he opts for what looks like a hamper to him. “Can I put them here?” He asks, squinting into the hamper as if it might hold the answers. He doesn’t particularly want to cross contaminate anything, so he does his best to figure it out from here.

If Isla agrees, Sunjata'll dump the sheets in there in a rinse and repeat until they're done with this part, all while thinking. "Did I tell you that Nate and I have twins now?" He asks for easier conversation, something to carry the clean-up.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Mmhm, that will do fine," Isla assures Sunjata with a bright smile, busy gathering the sheets and pillowcases and also squashing them into the hamper. Once they're done - and Isla has to 'persuade' the last of the sheets inside, a feat which almost has her falling in herself - she offers the Flood a cheeky grin and gestures for the operating room. "Alright, let's go," she says, leading the way in and gathering together the supplies to sanitise it all.

Only to audibly gasp when he mentions twins. "No you did not," she says, straightening up to beam at him, sweeping over to hug him in congratulations. "That's amazing. Tell me everything," she gushes as she steps back. "What are their names? How old are they?"

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
With her confirmation, Sunjata’s quick to add to the hamper, cleaning up what little is left of the sheets from the bed – unable to keep the slight tilt of amusement from crossing his smile at Isla’s misfortune when it comes to this one particularly awful sheet, they move onto the next room and Sunjata’s preparing the section where the items are to be sanitized (he’s worked with Isla before in here, back when she insisted on keeping an eye on him, and there’s a few things he does still remember).

He stops, however, at her gasp – steel gaze light as it lifts to her and she slips over to give him a hug, his arms loosely hanging around her to give her a hug back before she steps away. “We named them Romeo and Amadeus. And we rescued them from an attack in King’s End. Some… Ghostly griffin had attacked their parent’s wagon and neither of them made it. So… We took them in.” He tilts his head curiously, working his jaw as he tries to do the math for how old they are.

I think they’re about a year and a half right now. Not sure when they were born, honestly. But they’re here… If you want to meet them when we’re done.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"Of course I want to meet them," Isla gushes, as if Sunjata might be insane for implying that there was ever an if about it all. "This might be a surprise to you, Jata, but in a place that's predominantly full of Ascended, there are very few babies around." She raises her eyebrows at him, before glancing around at the area he's prepared and nodding her approval. They have worked together before, and she's impressed so far.

Humming a note of sympathy as they get to work, Isla swipes a cloth along the surfaces and begins to submerge the equiment in the sanitiser. "What an awful start to a life," she murmurs. "They were very lucky to find you and Nate. I bet they've been keeping you busy, hm?" Busy aside from all the death and betrayal and demigod business, of course.

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata can’t help the soft laugh that leaves him, a shrug of his shoulder as they work and he falls back into the comfort of mindless tasks, muscle memory taking over for the time that he’d been out of his mind and it was one of the only things that kept him relatively sane. “I suppose you’re right, there.” Sunjata rumbles, having not quite thought about it but realizing it as soon as she brought it up.

He continues to sanitize the items before he puts them away in their spots, nodding in agreement to how they’d been busy figuring it out. One thing is for sure, though, evident by the soft smile that crosses his face, almost embarrassed. “They have been… But, not as bad as I thought?” His head tilts this way and that as he starts to wipe up the other side of the surfaces. “Nate’s a wonderful father. It’s like… He just knows what to do.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Together they make short work of the sanitisation, though Isla is hardly surprised about that. Sunjata is no stranger to her infirmary, and she's happy to note that he remembers everything from his previous stations here. And so as they give the operating theatre a final wipe down, she lets her thoughts drift to lighter matters - like the Flood's new twins.

"That's good to hear. I suppose they can amuse themselves, which you wouldn't normally get with your average toddler," Isla guesses, winking at him and cleaning off her hands before heading back out and into the infirmary. "Okay, last thing is to check the stock in the storage room. If I give you the list, you can call out the items and I'll make sure everything is there?"

And after that, she has every intention of meeting these twins. "I can see that in Nate," she admits with a smile. "And with you, once you've gotten your jitters out of the way."

ISLA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
That is exactly it. The fact that it isn’t solely just on Nate and himself to entertain a singular child but the fact the two twins can and often did distract themselves. The only downside so far was when one would start to fuss, the other would too. Though at the very least Nate had more than enough hands to handle them when they did grow upset, plus the benefit of Pemota’s calming presence often helped when nothing else seemingly would.

Regardless, Sunjata stands idly with the list, calling out what’s on the list versus what Isla has, making a note on each one that needs to be restocked for Isla to look over. And once that’s done and the work here is done? Sunjata feels lighter. “I have my moments.” Sunjata murmurs with a small shrug, a playful smile tugging at his lips, before he’s gesturing for Isla to follow him – not too far, just down the path to the VlamVloed, where once inside and to his room he can take over the watch of his twins.

And once there, Isla would be greeted with two little dark haired troublemakers, one with wide blue eyes and the other with wide grey, staring at Isla with intrigue while Sunjata steps over to ruffle each child’s hair as he explains who’s who. “Isla, this is Romeo…” He gestures to the blue eyed boy, before his attention flickers to the one with grey eyes. “And this is Amadeus.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"More than a few moments." Isla smiles back to Sunjata, grateful for his help with the stockroom. It always goes by faster with two pairs of hands, the medic perusing the list very quickly once they're done and setting the paper down inside the room so she can restock later. With their chores complete and with Sunjata looking much more like the man she's come to know rather than a shade at the foot of the Spire, Isla is more than happy to follow after him.

She seems to light up from within when faced with the two dark haired little ruffians, offering a bright smile and moving further into the room so she can lean down and greet them both. "Well aren't you two little heartbreakers?" she says by way of greeting, before flashing a smile up to Jata. "Do you want to go for a walk with them? It might be nice for them to get out." And she's there, of course, as backup in case one twin goes AWOL.

ISLA