{se} woodcutting
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"Oh, good." Juniper smiled at Darkeye, impressed by his foresight. "Thank you."

With the eagle solidly restrained, Juniper quickly cut the worst of the tangled branches away. The bird did its best to flap and squall, but Darkeye had positioned his grip well, and its claws only scraped against his armor. Juniper continued to work despite the fact that some of the smaller vines were quite difficult to get off; she knew that if she left any of them wrapped around the eagle, especially around its talons, the bird could suffer long-term injuries. Finally, she finished and stepped back. "All right, I'm done. We might want to take it back to Sidhe Village, though, so the Fae there can give it a night's rest and help it back to health -- but if you're having any trouble holding it, we can release it now." Taking it back to the village would give the bird the best chance of survival, but Juniper didn't want to place that burden on Darkeye unless he accepted it.
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
"I have him good, and I don't think he'll survive long in that condition. I think he has the best chance if we take him to this Sidhe village. We risked a lot to free him, I want the work to be for nothing. We can also think about what to do with the two branches, I would take both of them, even if one was cut."Darkeye continued to hold the animal very tightly. "Can you just take my spear, that would be important to me."Darkeye pointed with his chin in the direction where he had placed his spear. "Maybe we can tie his claws together so he doesn't hurt himself anymore."
— the smartest do
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Juniper nodded. Darkeye's thoughts made a lot of sense to her -- it would be a pity to go to all this trouble to rescue the eagle and then let it die from exhaustion. "I'll try to tie its claws, then get your spear."

And she suited action to words, taking rawhide thongs from her pack and using them to bind the eagle's claws together -- very carefully, for even in its weakened state, the bird's talons remained strong and razor-sharp. While she was at it, she looped a cord around its beak as well, trying not to tie it too tight and hurt the animal.

Then she picked up Darkeye's spear and both of the wicker woman branches. "All right, let's head back to the village."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye watched closely as Juniper tied the bird down. He took another piece of cloth and put it over the eyes of the animal to calm it down. Once this was done, he held the animal more carefully. For both of them, even if the bird had been more resistant in the beginning, the resistance had disappeared. He submitted to his fate.

Darkeye nodded at her and followed. He kept a close eye on the surroundings, not wanting to be surprised again. The hunt had found a good end in his eyes. He thought about how to use the branch of the tree or that he should give it to Juniper so that she has one more if needed.
— the smartest do
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Change author:

Juniper was glad to see the eagle calm down; having the bird flap and fight all the way to the village would have been troublesome. She felt certain that once they got there, they could hand the eagle off to some Fae who specialized in rehabilitating wildlife. They would give him some fluids and rest, check him for injuries, and likely send him back into the forest in a few days.

And now they had the two wicker woman branches. Since Juniper already had one, and needed only one more, Darkeye was welcome to keep the second one and use it for whatever purpose he might find for it.

Neither of them had been injured, they'd gotten what they needed, and they'd even managed to save the eagle; Juniper counted this as a very successful hunt.

- FIN
Juniper