a war to end all wars
Order meeting
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
Posts: 366 | Total: 11,273
MP: -557
#15
it was heaven a moment ago, i had it, almost
Her blood runs cold, for the second time hearing Gideon’s recant of the events. And only hearing the confirmation from Finn has her unsure how she got settled in a seat while Tobi tends to Gideon’s wounds. She feels numb, dumbstruck, confused, and most notably afraid. Her dark gaze flickers between Gideon, Finn, Ronin, and Tobi for the most part, nothing behind them really – just a blank, sunken gaze as she thinks.

I need to work on our fortifications.” She says quietly at first, shaking herself out of it, shaking her head and wiping her hands down her dress in an unlikely display of her nerves. “Defenses…” She wants to ask if it’s a good idea to block the Ascended from Stormbreak at all, but a part of her wonders how it would work given what Gideon and Cian had been up to.

If the Ascended were here, imprisoned or what not, what then? Her gaze lifts to those gathered, swallowing hard. “Weaponry.” So much for structures and additions.
Seraphina
Reply
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Posts: 196 | Total: 3,790
MP: 1550
#16
Falke
pull up a seat right next to men and
pull out a pen, write down your memory

Quietly taking it all in, Falke has sunk into a nearby chair and pays close attention to the faces of the assembled men and women of the Order. He has his own thoughts about Cian and his plans, but in the bloodless face of the late Eye’s death, it does no good to criticize or re-examine them now. What’s done is done. “I’m sure he did have a plan,” Falke utters, in an attempt to soothe the agitated Priest. “But even the best laid plans… and Cian was only human.” And fallible.

They all are. And for once, he agrees with Gideon. It’s a strange place to be, but as his glance flits about the room, all he sees is despair, dismay, and anxiety. Fixer mode starts to kick in, despite his own worries and fears. Ronin had asked what they want to do, so... with another deep breath and a minute of worrying into his hands, Falke raises his head.

“I think we ought to assume the worst, for now - that the Ascended have the book. Unless someone wants to go to the Draig to see if the body is still there…” Trailing off, he looks at Ronin and Noah, because they’re the ones most likely to be able to do that successfully, “We should consider it lost. Which means we need some direction for the Gods.” His gaze focuses on Noah, the newest demigod. “Perhaps Vi can offer some insight on the best way forward.” Flashing the Halovian a tight-lipped, but hopeful expression, the Fixer does his best to keep some optimism in the room.

That still leaves the problem of the rudderless Order, though. Quite frankly, he thinks Tobi to be the most level-headed and able to lead, but he knows she isn’t prepared for it and it isn’t her calling. Finn is… questionable and mentally fragile. He, himself, doesn’t want it. Sera would rather play in her workroom. Gideon wouldn’t be able to separate church and state. The demigods… maybe, but… “I don’t think any one of us is prepared to take Cian’s place, so maybe a joint leadership would be good for now. Just to project some stability and take the pressure off a singular person. No book, no Eye. So instead we have… co-leaders or a council or something of that ilk.” Finishing off with a helpless shrug, Falke honestly isn’t even sure it would work. But these are unprecedented times and they need to be flexible.

The bough that cannot bend will break.

how many of us
are on the cusp on the verge?
Reply
Ronin Taliesin
the Huntsman
Dragon of the Greatwood

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 12 - Strg: 56 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 56 - Luck: 52 - Int: 2
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (ice breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 4,593 | Total: 11,917
MP: 275
#17

Chewing on the inside of his cheek, Ronin eventually offers a slow nod, having listened quietly to the offered opinions and ideas. "A council sounds good," he agrees.

"I can arrange a meeting between demigods to check about going to the Cordillera, or something like that. If you are going to petition Vi, perhaps Noah could be a part of it?" He glances to his fellow warrior, eyes flicking briefly to Gideon as well. Maybe it's something the two of them could do together.

"I can also bring the Dragoons up to speed with everything." Now he looks to Seraphina as well. "For defenses, weaponry, fortifications... they ought to be a part of that."

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Reply
Finn Rosencrantz
The Spyglass

Age: 32 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Posts: 1,419 | Total: 11,917
MP: 275
#18
my demons, though quiet, are never quite silenced
Finn feels some of the tension unknot from his shoulders as the idea of a council is floated about - something he'd much prefer, truthfully, to standing in front of the Order like he is. "No book, no Eye," he agrees, nodding along with the other suggestions as well. "I can walk the perimeters and the Tower regularly to check if Ascended are present," he offers, adjusting his glasses and glancing between the Accepted of the group.

"I also have an idea, though it may be better to meet separately to discuss it. It would only involve a few of us, and I'm not sure whether or not it would even work." Hesitating, because if he brings it up now it might spiral out of control, eventually he decides he would rather it be out in the open as a seed of an idea when they are all present to decide upon it.

"We could approach the border of the Hollowed Ground from within the Greatwood," he offers. "If we were all to channel at once... perhaps we could do something. What, though, he's not sure.
FINN
Reply
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 34 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Posts: 990 | Total: 12,884
MP: 5487
#19
i feel smal, but so are stars from a distance
Luckily this is all above Tobi's paygrade, though as Finn's partner she'd likely end up discussing it all a lot more later anyway. Despite the sudden depth to the Spyglass's stare or the hardening around his eyes and jaw, the doctor's first duty was to the most obvious patient in the room, Gideon. Finn would require a different sort of medical attention, and though his wounds were no less serious for being invisible, Gideon was the one at risk of bleeding out or having his wound become infected.

"Well, if there's nothing to be done right this second, Gideon, you're coming with me to get this arm properly taken care of." Tobi advises, sounding suddenly very doctorly. "No arguing." She adds sternly, for good measure.
Reply
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Posts: 196 | Total: 3,790
MP: 1550
#20
Falke
pull up a seat right next to men and
pull out a pen, write down your memory

Somewhat pleased to find that his suggestions are taken without much debate or in-fighting, Falke relaxes a bit. Their cohesion and dedication is a testament to their ability to survive this, and so long as they continue to work as a unit, albeit a leaderless one for a moment, he can cling to his optimism.

“I’d say any and all ideas are viable right now,” he offers to Finn, along with a supportive smile. “Better than nothing.” At least it is, psychologically. With Tobi ready to usher Gideon to the infirmary, it seems like the meeting is on its way towards being over and he’s sure he isn’t the only one who wants to digest all this information over a cup of tea (or for others, something much stronger). “Shall we reconvene as a group after we hear from the Gods?” he asks, thinking that perhaps one-on-ones are best until they get something more akin to firm direction. No sense wasting anyone’s time.

how many of us
are on the cusp on the verge?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


RPG-D