Training [se] these years of infinity
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Given Deimos’ size and mass, there’d be a number of people who had thought the same about his potential for speed. Sometimes, in prior wars, his endurance and fortitude had been enough to get by – and he had the scars to prove it. But in time he’d gained better ways to access such abilities, utilizing strength, larger strides, and an overbearing partiality to wear down an opponent without much effort – might and ferocity blending into muscle, flesh, and bone. He smiled at the insinuation just the same, stepping back and permitting Darkeye to regain his ground.

Then he nodded, and came at him again.

This time he aimed lower; lunging forward, using his long reach and span to try and snag the older man along the ribs; striving for a playful tap.
Out of sight and out of mind
Make everything alright
So let the sky and sea collide
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Realizing that Deimos wanted to use his reach, Darkeye went to block the incoming strike. He tried to sidestep the attack while holding his blade against his opponent's blade, intending to keep it where it was and reveal Deimos' armpit. There he would be vulnerable. Closing the distance, Darkeye allowed his sword to glide along with Deimos' sword. He knew it would make it easier to keep up in strength with Deimos, since he didn't have to extend his arm as far as Deimos did. He straightened his empty hand to use it as a weapon and then went for the armpit. Finally an opponent worthy to fight.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
He saw the incoming strike and laughed, amused and entertained by the wiles of the older man. For all that he’d uttered and claimed lack of experience, he was making up for it in either habitual lines or experience he hadn’t mentioned. Perhaps he hadn’t been entirely truthful, and Deimos couldn’t blame him for it – not even when combatting with strangers on beaches. Not in this world of brimming, brewing fault lines, where alliances and armistices changed day by day. "Clever," he smirked, granting Darkeye a nod of respect.

Stepping in, avoiding the punch towards his vulnerable spot, the soldier instinctually thrust downward, intending to catch Darkeye’s sword off-kilter, and force it downwards with the angles of his own strength.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye smiled and had fun fighting Deimos, even he knew he couldn't win. But to feel the muscles tense and his adrenaline rushing through his veins, he felt alive again. This was why he fought. No gold, not for lords or gods, just for him and this feeling. That was when people saw his true self come out. That was the only reason he won't serve other gods other than Kor.  No other god would understand that feeling."But still not fast enough." he said with a smile.

The previously empty hand from Darkeye goes for the sword arm of Deimos to grab him. At the same time, Darkeye let the wooden sword fall, grabbing Deimos' arm with both hands. He moved sideways, pushing his shoulder against Deimos to use the momentum of speed and strength from Deimos to toss him over and try to bring him to fall.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
If Deimos had been significantly smaller and weaker, that trick might have worked. But the Sword was broad, built, and tall, and had long since learned how to brace himself for impact, how to ground his entire form into the earth. So even as Darkeye made to grab, there wouldn’t be much movement from his mass, and this ellicited another round of laughter – not at the older individual per se, but the situation as a whole. “It was a good thought,” he murmured; but for a different opponent.

He used the vantage point, and not budging at all, to try and force his frame directly into Darkeye’s, much like a big, battering ram, intending to knock him directly off-kilter and amidst the sand.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
What did that guy eat? A normal man would be on the ground. Darkeye had to think fast or he would be in a bad situation. Or was he already? What was the option here? His training partner was stronger and faster than him. And his tricks didn't work either. A good fight!!!

Darkeye tried to do a Judo roll to get away and reach the wooden sword. He would need all his cunning and experience to take him down. But this moment of thinking slowed him down so that Deimos was able to hit him. Darkeye landed in the sand face down. He laughed into the sand. After a short time, Darkeye turned around and laughed for a while until he needed to pause for a moment to cough and get some air in his lungs. "This is fun and interesting, I'm learning many new things. Again?"
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
A rough landing, and a laugh thereafter. Deimos shook his head, and then crouched, offering a hand to the man. “Good work. Your skills and footwork are impressive.” Especially for one who claimed to have been rusty – there were certain aspects lacking that could’ve been due to the detriment of the portal – everything fresh, foreign, and unfamiliar – but Darkeye seemed to take it all in stride.

Pausing momentarily once they were both back on their feet, the Sword proclaimed another idea – one that had been circumventing through his skull since the newcomer had stated he was well versed in the weapon. “Actually, I was wondering if you would be willing to teach me the spear.” A lifelong learner, the soldier grasped hold of any and all opportunities to snag at new information and skills, and he hadn’t had the semblances in his battlefield training. “I can make some for us.” Much like he’d done with the blades. “And it is a rare chance that I gain an instructor,” settled with an affable smile, in hopes of agreements to the roughly-hewn terms.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye examined Deimos and laughed again while taking his hand to stand up. "Thanks for noticing. I thought I would get you with the toss but are you out of stone or why the hell are you so heavy? I know that you have muscles but every other human would lay down on the ground. It's fun to see that I have to learn new things. In my world, I was the guy that showed people how it would have been done." Darkeye tried to brush all the sand off his clothing.

" Willing yes, for sure. But it's simple. A spear gives you range. Even a not-so-well-trained person is able to wield it. They just have to point it at the enemy and hope for the best. But on a person like you, it becomes a weapon that is multifunctional. You can toss it, you can skewer something. Use the shaft of the Spear to hit multiple targets. Skewering more than one enemy can demoralize and shake the enemy lines. The standing is important." Darkeye tried to make the standing with a spear without the weapon to show Deimos what he mean.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The Sword laughed, placing his blade back into his belt, permitting the sound to echo and traverse along the sands. “The longer you are here, the stronger you become.” Or so it seemed (and the massive stat differentials between the pair). He couldn’t be too certain on the designation of Accepted and their power – perhaps more with summoning their chosen deities or gaining an upper hand in weaponry.

And while he chiseled the latter armaments from his own creation incantations, he listened to Darkeye’s scruples on the subject of spears. Though he had range in his enchantments, and the skill with his bow, there would be no harm done in gaining another. He liked the notion of skewering something, or multiple purposes to one devise being flung into the air.

Once he completed two spears, he handed one to Darkeye, and attempted to maneuver into the correct standing position, hopefully aligning himself with the already-fashioned target. “Like this?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
" Is it okay for you if I keep this wooden sword to remind me of your lessons. Maybe I name it after you, Deimos. Would be a waste to just throw it away. Then I can practice more, and once I have trained hard enough, I can be a challenge for you." He smiled like a child that saw candy.

"You need to bend the left leg more to get more power behind the thrust." Darkeye pushed Deimos in the right positioning. "This is not a sword, you need to hold this weapon tight. In my early days of training with the spear, I got blisters on my hand. This can happen to you as well. If you hold it this tight every hit goes into your body, that is why the stance is so important." Darkeye stood next to Daimos and showed him what he said.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The question gave him a slight pause, but only because of the consideration behind it. Another round of laughter occurred, but lighter this time, indulging the newcomer. “You may keep it. But do not be bothered in naming it after me,” and he snorted – Deimos had long since configured himself as not worthy of such scruples and designs. “And we can always train again.” Especially once he got those proportions underway amongst the guild.

Thereafter though, he listened and adhered to instruction – taking it dutifully, scholarly, applying the alterations in his stance as necessary. Bending his left leg, thinking of power from movement in his limbs rather than the blunt muscles of his arms, he held it tightly, amidst the callouses from his blade’s hilt. “Is this suitable?” It made sense, given the configuration of how the weapon was wielded, but he waited for approval regardless.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye was thinking about the coming war. Perhaps one day he would have to fight Deimos. He would be a good challenge and an honorable fight. Darkeye needed to get stronger fast before he chose a side. "It would be my pleasure to train with you again. Then I keep it and only for me I name it after you. So I decided. You have to live with it." But now it wasn't the right time to think about the war. This was a fun time for Darkeye.

" Most people hesitate to attack with the spear. They want the enemy to run into it. This is stupid. If you do it right you can attack the enemy three times before he is in attack range." Darkeye showed Deimos what he meant. Three fast attacks on the puppet, one for the stomach, the other for the heart, and the next for the throat. Darkeyes legs do not even move. The bending of his knees was the only thing to notice in his movement. "The problem is when you do it you have weak points. We both know what happens if an enemy knows how to use them."
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
A word of protest began to shift behind his teeth, mostly at the whole name thing again, but in the interim he opted to shake his head and roll his eyes, bemused all the same. He flickered his thoughts and notions into the training instead, compelled to listen to the call to arms and hesitation behind attacks. It was an intriguing notion – to wait for an enemy to befall such an armament, but the Sword could understand where Darkeye was coming from. It was all about the timing, the precision, and the ability to catch one’s adversary well in advance.

He watched the demonstration – taking in not only the measures behind the older man’s very brief, minute movements, but the consideration in applying his motions towards the target. Swift and keen. So he nodded his understanding, and then approached the target, intending to mimic the same actions; a swipe for the gut, chest, and neck. Not unlike the blade in such a machination – striving to snag at every opportunity, not wasting time, and applying whatever one could before their opponent could reach and siege. The weapon was longer than he was used to, however, even after wielding with a staff for a time.

Then he stepped aside, waiting for the next set of instructions, but not without queries of his own. “Do you opt to defend yourself in some way? To avoid these weakened points?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye took the sword and put it on his belt. He was happy to have his first weapon from this world. "I like it a lot Deimos, in my world if you give another person a weapon, it's a sign of respect. Thank you for that. And if it disturbs you that much I will give it a different name." Darkeye would keep this treasure safe.

Darkeye watched Deimos's movement in every detail. "Do you feel the vibration from any impact? That is why the standing is important. You can change your position quickly this way too. This is how you change the openings. I defend myself with bare hands. One arm for the spear the other goes for the enemy's hand holding the weapon, if possible. Otherwise, I try to dodge it. Movement is important. Never stay too long in the same position that makes you vulnerable. Can you do it again, please? But do it slowly, I need to see it again." Years of training needed Darkeye to do this movement. Deimos was a soldier but had a good feeling for the body.
— the smartest do