we rise and we fall and we break and we makes our mistakes
Council meeting
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
honey, i rose up from the dead. i do it all the time
It’s also uncomfortable for Varus who was far more used to being the shadow in the night rather than up front and waltzing through Stormbreak for information. Perhaps it might be worth trying to push themselves out toward the other lands, getting tidbits of information about Stormbreak at the Port in Torchline rather than diving headfirst in.

Or, as Isla and Wessex have mentioned, using the informant they may have. “I think we should use the informant. We can compare and see what they come back with and go from there, decide if we want to make a stance… But for now, I think keeping ourselves close to home might be for the best.” His gaze lifts to Bastien now, flashing him a small crooked smile despite feeling everything but amused. “Getting into Stormbreak I feel like will become an all hands on deck situation and we really don’t have the numbers.” But once they knew more? Maybe then they could dive into the awful city.

He pushes up from the chair to step toward the book, his gaze slipping over the pages once Wessex has opened it, brows drawing together curiously as he sees just what sits in it and his stomach drops a fraction at the visual of just how many relics the opposing side versus themselves. “Alright, so… We can see all the demigods and who has what relic.” He lifts his gaze to Wessex then to Bastien, then to Isla. “We can know who to avoid or who to try and steal from…” Though, with Remi holding a couple of the relics, that feels like an impossible feat.
VARUS
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Wessex is already mentally aligned with Isla and Varus when it comes to whether or not Bastien should go to Stormbreak. Which means she doesn’t have to play the big-bad-naysayer and can gesture to their other two council members. “I think if Isla and Cal are concerned, those concerns ought to be taken into serious consideration. Let me see what the informant can get, if anything -” If he’s even gone yet, she thinks, “And then we can decide, hmmm? We’re a council.” Even if she is a demigod and often off on her own, she wants to make sure the others don’t feel pushed aside.

Passing the book around after she’s skimmed it, and I’m sorry if it wasn’t obvious that they can have the Discord info in this recent round of posts Wessex falls quiet again, considering what she’s learned. It’s obvious that this is the book the Voice spoke of, but she dares not let any true hope blossom in her chest. Instead, she tries to focus on what these powers mean for their side. Everything she and Nate and Azrael have are laid out there too, in black and white. They can measure up the sides.

She is incredibly grateful for how Nate’s turning out. It probably warrants a visit. “If I didn’t think killing Noah would start the war early, I’d do it, but - Ronin seemed pretty dedicated to protecting him at the Sea of Glass. I knew Locke had a relic, but not what it did. That’s interesting. He, at least, doesn’t seem too anti-Ascended.” But then again, his relic is indiscriminate. “And the Prince?! She clearly is behind on that bit of information.

Looking to the other three she ventures another question. “We should probably consider our next steps. Where do we stand on the Spire? Should we think about more non-magical defenses?”
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
BASTIEN
Stimulation in body and soul
It seemed that for now, the council didn't want him to go on the mission, which honestly was not too much of a blow for Bastien. While he absolutely would have done it, not one to stand down from his words, he wouldn't complain about getting to stay safely at home for the time being. "Alright. I will focus on the memorial and the moral in the Grounds." He said with a smile.

Talk of relics, Demi Gods and the Spire all felt a bit over his head, but he tried to contribute. "Defenses of all kinds are a good idea, as many as we can gather. I know some Ascended are moving here for their own safety, given the gathering hostility. I want to be sure we can guarantee that protection." So Bastien could promise them they'd be alright and mean it.
For the good and misguided
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ISLA

Accepting the notebook on her turn, Isla feels herself go cold as she examines how perfectly fucked disadvantaged they seem when it's all written down in ink. Biting at the inside of her cheek, she passes on the book and glances back up at Wessex. For a moment she wonders why her fellow Ascended ever gave up being queen, given the mastery with which she leads their get together.

"The Prince," she confirms with a sheepish smile. "It's very recent, and he is more of a... well. He isn't the way I would imagine a typical relic to be," she confesses to Wessex. "If you'd like to meet him, I would be more than happy to arrange it." There's more, though, and she worries at a bit of thread on her sleeve. To say it would be to take one step onto a definitive side of the war, but they are already there, pretty much.

"I don't think Remi is collecting relics to use against us," Isla says softly. "He is very much of the opinion that if he is able to keep them, he might be able to prevent violence." It might be misguided, and it definitely opens up the potential for manipulation - by her, if necessary - but it's true.

As for their defences, Isla glances to Bastien for this one. "I believe the only thing left to do is to attach the lightning rod to the top of the Spire. Have you and Azrael had any luck with that?" After that, they can arrange further defensive work.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
“No, I imagine it’s difficult to think of a person as a relic. I’d love to meet him,” she says with a small smile, still very proud that they were able to rescue him. The thought of actually needing to use him, however… well, let’s just say she’s glad he’s not bonded to her. And as for Remi… she doesn’t pretend to know the Lullaby well, but earlier versions of him had never wanted war. Violent and strong as he is now, she can see the truth in Isla’s statement; pragmatism, however,  keeps her from accepting it as the truth. So she just inhales needlessly and nods.

Turning her attention to Bastien and his potential progress on the last bit of the Spire cannon, Wessex spies some movement out of the corner of her eye. The book, back in front her, appears to be writing something as they speak. She pulls her attention from the Dionysian, knitting her brows together in some mix of curiosity and amazement. Spinning the book around for the others to see the information spilling across the page, it finally tells them that there are unusual plants growing in Hak Etme and in order for these plants to grow the way they are, it would take a serious amount of power, such as the kind deities or heralds have. However, there’s something wrong with them as they’re also quickly dying. Don't at me timelines are so wonky anyway.

“A relic? Maybe? As if we didn’t have enough to look into.” Wessex says with a dark chuckle. What the book did was super cool, but they were in the middle of a discussion about the Spire defenses and Bastien and Azrael… “You were saying…?”

-------------------------

They continue their discussion, finding that the lightning rod just needs to be affixed to the top of the spire not that it will matter, Voicey is MIA for the rest of the season and nothing is decided about the oddity in Hak Etme, other than Wessex sighing, saying, "I'll check it out after the search for the Flowerbirth deity, unless someone wants to take a small group and do it before then. At night, obviously."

Whether or not that happens, who knows. Class is dismissed.

{Fin}
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX