[SE] flawless
Locke
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

Isla knows the name of these strange little isles in Torchline, but she can't help but always think of them affectionately as melting islands. She figures this will be the best place to find a seashell which has had no imperfection, given that so many of the little sandtraps come and go so quickly. There's no tide to smash them about, there are no feet to crush them underfoot.

She's a bit of a strange sight, granted, as she goes paddling in the Longheat sun. Mainly because there's a dark parasol over her head to keep her safely in the shade, and also because she's wearing long sleeves in arguably one of the hottest places, at the hottest times of year. But this is how things need to be if she's to find a seashell, it seems. Hopefully it's a quick search, Isla humming quietly to herself as she bends to inspect one of the shells.
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He hasn't been back in Torchline very long but it already feels overwhelming and chaotic. But he manages to find moments of quiet between preparations and war talk. The ever shifting islands always draw his attention. He's explored them a bit but some part of him has always been wary of them. But he's not a lanky little boy anymore.

His seal shift is still strange and new to him and the Kuali'i isles seem as good a place as any to test it out, right? Except he's not alone. The seal turns to man and it takes him a moment to remember how legs work. "Ain't it a bit bright for you out here?" It's said playfully as he approaches her. "Didn't know you were gonna visit me. Might've worn something pretty."
I'ma do the things that I wanna do

I ain't got a thing to prove to you
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

Isla notices the seal-turning-man out of the corner of her eye, but she doesn't pay him too much mind until he speaks and she recognises the voice. Straightening up and turning to smile cheerfully across at Locke, the medic gives her parasol a little twirl before removing it from over her head, letting the golden sun beam down upon her pale skin.

"I'm a special case, what can I say?" she trills. "But it's always good to be careful." So saying, she returns to the safety of her parasol, stepping out of the shallows towards Locke.

"Something pretty, hm? Like... seal skin?" she asks, raising an eyebrow, before that melts back into a warmer smile. "It's good to see you, Locke. How is Longheat treating you so far?"
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

"Course you are." He thinks she'd fit right in to Torchline, if she really wanted to. Maybe not get a tan but hey, the blond hair and all that? Fits right in. "Always forget to use somethin' to keep the sun off. Can't wait to be leathery when I'm old." If he makes it that long.

"S'a new one. Always liked swimmin' though. Easier as a seal. Never noticed how pretty the bottom of the ocean can be." He's not sure he'd call it pretty but he flushes anyway. Just a little. "Pretty good. Be better of fuck offs like Gideon would stay away from my town though. Other than that, havin' a pretty good time." He rolls his shoulders, head tilted to one side as he looks her over. "And you? Kinda surprised to see you out here." Things have been turbulent to say the least.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"You? Leathery? I can't imagine it," Isla says with a fanged smile, drawing up beside him anyway and lifting her parasol a bit as if to offer for him to stand in the shade of it if he likes. "Mm, I don't think I have been swimming for a long time. As Ascended it's easy because we don't breathe, but I don't think that makes us any more elegant in the water." Not the same as a seal, in any case.

Not having heard of the ruckus with the Order's Priest, her brows furrow and she shakes her head. "Who is Gideon?" she wonders, before glancing back towards the shallows. "Oh, I am collecting things for the Voice. I need to find a seashell without any imperfections in it," she explains. "This looked like a good place to collect shells."
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

"Good. I try to take good care of my skin." If taking good care of your skin is sleeping in the sun and swimming in salty water, Locke does a very good job of it. He does take her offer and moves under the parasol though. "Ma used to joke that I was a fish. Kinda surprised I don't have any fish shifts but the seal feels good." He gives her a less fanged grin, "Maybe we can go swimming sometime."

Her question makes him frown and he sighs softly, looking away. "Just some dick from Stormbreak. Aurelia said he did some shit. He says he did something else. I'm more keen to believe her though. Did say the Voice took over someone though." His face screws up in concern but he shakes it off. If what Aurelia said was true, he doesn't blame her for trying to take care of her people. "I wouldn't worry about him too much. Seems to be more bark than bite."

"I can help, if you want. For a favor, of course. Also a task from the Voice." He gives her a little eyebrow wiggle, pleased to not be talking about the current shenanigans going on in Torchline.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"I wonder if there is a spa somewhere on Caido. We could get you a facial," Isla suggests, shading them both under the parasol and gazing around at the sand beneath their feet again for a moment, as if there might be a perfect hidden seashell right there. "I think the seal is better than a fish in some ways. Especially for playing tricks." She winks.

Her amusement fades, however, as Locke explains further about Gideon, Isla tucking a lock of hair behind her ear and shaking her head. "He isn't wrong about that," she mumbles, of the Voice taking someone over, "though if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer we kept that between ourselves for now." It's a difficult situation for all of them to be in, especially the Ascended.

A favour for a favour, then, is a perfect distraction. "Name your price," Isla says with a smile, though it lacks some of the amusement of before.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He snorts a laugh but doesn't comment further. No need to be too much of a pig, right? "Guess so. I've got plenty of tricks too." He gives her a little wink before sinking down into the sand, fingers starting to look for shells.

The attuned looks at her, humming softly, "Doesn't really bother me much but your secret's safe with me." There might've been a time when he would've sold it to the highest bidder but in the long run, this is about survival and he doesn't think anyone knowing helps him in any way.

"She wanted me to let you guys bite me, to.. Share my services? I think. Not sure exactly what it means but hey. I'll find you the most perfect shell in exchange for a little blood, yeah?" The grin he gives is crooked, if not forced, "Bet we can find better ones further down on the sea floor."

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Oh, I don't doubt it," Isla trills in response, smiling crookedly and crouching down with him, holding the parasol aloft to offer them some shade as she sifts through the sand with her free hand. She doesn't expect to feel as reassured as she does to hear Locke will keep the Ascendeds' secret, Isla letting out a breath of relief she absolutely doesn't need. "Thank you," she murmurs.

Raising her eyebrows to hear his trade, Isla can't help but chuckle to herself. "Well, I'd never try to hinder anyone on a quest from the Voice," she says. "And you are probably right about more shells being underwater. You've got yourself a deal," she says, straightening up and standing expectantly for however Locke wanted to do this.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

It's kind of fun, feeling something like a spy or a turncoat. Not that he considers himself either. She stands and he follows. "S'only fair we help each other then." He stands a moment before tilt his head and leaning down some. "You're the only Ascended to bite me twice." Take that how you will, Isla.

Locke takes her parasol if she lets him, because it'd probably be easier for him to hold while they do this, if it's anything like last time. Also he's a little over eager about the whole thing and fiddling with the parasol is a good way to pretend he isn't. "Might be a bit salty.."

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Only fair," Isla agrees, surrendering the parasol to Locke's waiting hands as he tilts his head and leans in. Raising her eyebrows, there's a playful glimmer of mischief in her pebble blues, and she considers him a moment. "I feel very privileged," she decides eventually. "Careful, though, or it might become a habit." Is it an invitation or a genuine warning? That's for Locke to worry about - Isla is busy.

Salt isn't something she can really taste against his skin, but as she steps forward, her lips brushing against his throat, she swears she can feel his pulse humming along her tongue. Her fangs slip into his veins in a gesture that's more practiced now than it ever has been, and it's with a barely stifled moan that Isla's hands come up to rest against Locke's chest. Blood and ecstasy whipcrack through her, tensing muscles and making her toes curl into the sand below, and by the time Isla draws back, she's breathless despite it not being needed.

"As quests go, that's not a bad one," she remarks.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

It's probably an addiction, probably one he has already. He wonders if it's just him or if the bites are designed this way. Maybe he'll ask next time he goes to a shrine. The slight pain before the pleasure always pulls his brain right where the source of it all is, forcing him to hyper focus on it. He stifles a little sound, hellbent on not making this any weirder than it needs to be. Even if he doesn't think that'd be too weird.

She pulls away and he presses a hand to the bite, staunching whatever blood might be trying to escape. "Nah, I don't think so either. Guess it is good to make sure you guys have some stolen goodies though. I dunno." He's been trying to figure out the whys entirely too much for someone with so little brain.

"Let's go find your shell." He shifts into a leopard seal and takes a slow breath before diving under the water. It's still a new shift to him and being able to see under water is pretty fun. He flips around under the water to face her.

Do you get this part too?

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Isla's also struggling with a case of the too little brain right now, so much so that it's only very absently that she reaches out to brush her fingers over where Locke is trying to staunch the bleeding from the bite. Normally she'd examine it properly and ensure that he's alright, but for now the parasol is abandoned and he's shifting and it's all entirely too easy to follow suit. "Are they stolen goodies if you give them freely?" she wonders, a soft and playful tone injecting her words.

The medic has shifted before, luckily, but this is entirely different both to the mammals and the kraken she's been previously. It's a little clumsy, in fact, until she flumps into the water and the leopard seal within her seems to come to life.

Oh! it's an exclamation of delight as much as anything else, and she cuts smoothly through the water to join Locke. I do, yes. Gods, the water is so clear down here. Alright, let's find the best shell we can get.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

The water is cool and clear and feels like the only place in the world he wants to be. He flips around to look at her, head tilting so far that his body rolls with him. It's not quite like flying but it has the same freeing feeling. Were you not expecting it to be clear? Maybe she's from the swamps. He's never asked. Actually, he knows little about the woman before him.

She might even feel it through the bond, the spark of curiosity that he feels as he looks her over. But there are shells to find. He surfaces for a moment, to breath before diving further down to poke around the sea bed with his nose. So it has to be- He pauses, head lifting up as the sun is blotted from them.

Isla! Look, a cloud manta. He's seen them plenty of times but never like this.