Training Deep in the water
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
"Yes this is very interesting to say. But you have to twist the other arm or body part. You want to hurt them they must feel pain, sometimes you have to kill them. Just hold them under the water till they get unconscious. But please don't do this in a training fight with me." She didn't even know how naive she sounded for Darkeye.

Darkeye listened for a moment before he start talking to Chrys."Maybe you start training them, perhaps one day your life will depend on it. And maybe you can try it on me? And I can say how bad they hurt. Or will I die? I hope I don't die."
— the smartest do

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
Chrys tilted her head slightly while thinking. “Many people won't get unconscious even when held underwater for a long time. Because they have magic or can shift so that they don't need air. That's what the training is for. Holding someone underwater isn't that difficult, I think.” she thought out loud.

“You won't die. At least as long as you don't get hit too much in a short amount of time. I think. I haven't tried it on people before.” She shrugs.

“So, what are we training now?” Better to talk about it before diving down this time. Then she would know how to react once they were underwater.
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
say]"That is interesting and good to know too. Thank you for that information. But what do you mean by the shift? Then underwater fighting is different. Shift the focus to breaking bones, causing him to bleed, and killing the enemy." he tried to figure out how to train this.

"I had a lot of pain in my world. Maybe you can touch me and I can say how bad it hurt. Otherwise, you don't know how to use it against a person if you need it." Darkeye held his arm out and was getting ready for the incoming pain.

"I can only show you the important points were to hit but I would only tap it. I don't want to hurt you Chrys."
— the smartest do

Age: 22 | Height: | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Chrys looked at Darkeye for a moment, surprised at the question. “Some people, like the Attuned or we of the Merfolk can change into the shape of animals. And that's called shifting.” she explained.

“You're saying I'm supposed to hurt you but you don't want to hurt me during training? That sounds kind of strange.” Despite the remark, she took one of her tentacles – apparently unable to move them by themselves – in her hand and held it close to his arm, waiting for some kind of confirmation if he really intended to try it.

In case such confirmation came, she would tap his arm with part of the tentacle. The touch would be accompanied by the usual symptoms of a jellyfish sting. A burning sensation and shortly after, a reddish discoloration and itchiness in the area that was touched by the tentacle. “How is it? I don't know since I don't sting myself with them.” She seemed quite curious about the matter.
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Okay that sounds interesting. What animal is possible?" Darkeye looked surprised. This was new information.

" I can hurt you too if you want it. But I wouldn't do it without asking you. Now that you say so, that is strange. You can't move it on your own?" Darkeye put his arm against the tentacle and waited for the incoming pain. The burn came fast and Dakeye ground his teeth. He breathed out and looked at the burning mark. "It's painful but endurable. I think if you hold it longer it would be very painful.  So how do we fight them under the water? What is the sign to stop? Are you ready for a training fight?
— the smartest do

Change author:
Chrys shrugged. “It seems there's not really anything that's impossible. We can only turn into one animal at birth, but some can do other animals once they grow older. Or stronger or wiser or whatever. I'm not sure how things are exactly for the Attuned, I think it's when they become Attuned?”

She shook her head at his next inquiry. “No. But as long as I'm underwater I have a good grasp on how to move to get them where I want them to be.” She looked at the mark on Darkeyes skin as well. “I know that when fish get too much of it, they pass out.” Of course she had experimented with it. Would some people call it cruel? Probably. Did she care? Not really.

“Let's try what you said about showing what you want to do without harming the other?” she replied with yet another shrug, though this time one of indecision. “If we do that we can just point up when we want to stop, right?”
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Very interesting, good to know. Attuned are the ones that serve the old gods right?" What an interesting world shot through Darkeyes mind.

"It's a very interesting ability. I would try to get better control of it if I were you. But you have to make this decision." He looked at his mark that looked like a burning.

" If this is okay for you? I will show you some grips so that you know what I mean." Darkeye took a deep breath and started to dive down. Not so far from the surface. He waited for Chrys to show her what he meant.
— the smartest do

Change author:
Chrys nodded. Though it was not clear which of his statements was meant with this. Maybe all of them, maybe only one. Afterwards, she dove down below the surface as well. There, she stopped not far from Darkeye, giving him a little wave and a smirk. She didn't seem to take it all that seriously.

After that, she waited for Darkeye to move. This time, she would let him show what he meant without evading. She had taken care to move in a way which left her tentacles behind her, most likely out of the way for Darkeye to show her what he wanted to show without getting into contact with them any further.
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye wondered about the nod, what did she mean? All, nothing, what was it? This Mermaid drove him crazy in the wrong way.
Darkeye swam closer to her and show her the elbow of her arm and how easy it is to twist it on someone's back, even under the water. He let the grip go and showed her where she must hold the enemy by himself by pointing at his wrist. Darkeye showed it to her again to give her an understanding of the movement. If she wanted to, she could try it on him. It was hard to train if you can't talk. He tried his best.
— the smartest do

Change author:
When Darkeye showed her the grip for the first time, Chrys waited with furrowed brows, clearly thinking about something. Still, she watched him and tried to memorize his movements. When he then let go of her and pointed at his wrist, she tried to mimic his movements to the best of her abilities. Though she let go of him quickly, gesturing for him to try the grip at her one more time.

This time however, she didn't remain motionless. Once he had her arm twisted behind her back, she used her hood to propel herself both upwards and backwards, akin to doing a backflip over Darkeye in an attempt to work against the twist in her arm and get back into a position where she would be able to move. At the same time, this would leave Darkeye with Chrys behind him and her tentacles above and in front of him, if he wouldn't stop her or evade.
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
With the movement of her Darkeye was surprised. He tried to clench his feet around her waist. The first moment it worked but then he couldn't hold himself anymore and he pushed himself away from her. Darkeye lost the grip on her arm. He was now below her, a good bit away, and he knew that this cost him much air. It was a good move for her to try and get behind him. And it would have worked well if he hadn't lost the grip on her. He thought for a moment before he swam to her and smiled and pointed upwards. Darkeye needed to talk with Chrys about this and more important he need air.
— the smartest do

Change author:
When Darkeye pointed upwards, Chrys nodded. It was a bit tedious to always return to the surface. Still, she understood it was necessary. At the surface, she waited for Darkeye to emerge too. Then, with a smirk, she said: "I told you, you can just untwist the arm. If you're fast enough that is.”

She paused for a moment, tilting her head slightly, her expression becoming more of a thoughtful one. “Though I'm not sure what to do next if you get away like that.” Maybe Darkeye could give her a hint at that. She looked at him, waiting for him to reply.
Chrys
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
He had not much air left, all these movements cost too much air. That was the reason he didn't like water fights. Or water in general. On the surface, he took a deep breath. Darkeye looked at Chrys with surprise and a little anger. "That was interesting. But it was a good maneuver I give you that."

Darkey thought for a moment. "If you see that someone gets far away, close the distance or flee. What do you think? Or try to get his arm or some other body part with your tentacle." Darkeye didn't know how much control she had.
— the smartest do

Change author:
Again there was this slight tilt of the head as Chrys looked at Darkeye. “Is everything okay? You seem angry?” A question seemingly asked out of pure curiosity. Although she did mean to provoke him a bit with her statement when they emerged back to the surface, she hadn't intended for him to actually get angry.

She then shook her head. “I can't grab anyone with those.” she said, gesturing towards her tentacles. “I'm not an octopus or something. They can do that.” There was a short pause before she shrugged and then continued on. “Guess I'll have to find out what to do then. Want to try again? Or do something else this time?”
Chrys