Mini Event Offense or Defense
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Neron
i love you as
certain dark things are to be loved
It's a curious tug of war that sways around the room, and Neron observes as tempers swell and words turn to empassioned speeches. Ultimately, though, they come full circle, and it's with an apologetic nod to Sah that he cements his agreement with the others. "Halo ought to be for Halo," he says. "All creeds and beliefs accepted, no violence tolerated. I think a space like that is one that ought to exist in any conflict. They are unfortunately very rare."

But if Halo could become that space for the coming war? Perhaps it could be a seat for peace treaties, for negotiations. A common ground for all those looking to progress without violence. It's true that it's the road with the most difficulty, but things are already difficult. Besides, 'peace' isn't usually something Neron gets all that often, and he sort of likes it.
in secret
between the shadow and the soul
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
As Sah initiated his vote, which Morgan did not object to, she held her breath as she waited for the first response. While she believed Halo wanted neutrality as a whole (there were too many of them mixed and integrated with each other. Why split, when they had worked so well as a whole?), she knew how life could surprise.

Thankfully, it seemed the rest of the room, or at least those with the will to speak, were in favour of neutrality. "Thank you, Sah, for sharing your thoughts. I know it must be difficult when there are Ascended here in this room." Morgan said first, trying to be fair. "However, it's obviously well known I agree with the majority here. I also agree with Shaye - a more proactive response is a good idea. We are currently working to improve our Citadel's defenses and with our greenhouse, we should be able to make our own food. If we need to maintain a safe shelter that people can stay at....we are in a good position to do so. Of course, it could always be better. I am open to hearing your ideas."

After a moment's reflection, she added: "If, as it seems, a majority agrees, perhaps we should put some kind of statement out to the other nations, so they know our stance is official."
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah sighs heavily but a small smile, tired smile stretches across his face as the others speak. Despite being in the clear minority, he felt a burst of affection for the people of Halo as they made themselves clear. They were far more optimistic than him, it was honestly refreshing. The apologetic looks were probably more amusing to the Outlander then they should have been. Did they really think he'd be hurt or personally offended that they were in disagreement?

Giving a low chuckle, Sah shook his head fondly, "I still find the idea idealistic and likely to fail but..." He made a quick scan of those gathered, meeting their eyes as he spoke.  "I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong. Neutrality always failed in my home world. Let's see if Caido can pull it off."The Abandoned truly thought that a few months into the war, things would fall apart. But the people of Halo had made themselves clear. They wished to try neutrality first. Who was he to stop them? If they succeeded against all odds and lives could be saved, all the better. He had nothing against the Ascended after all. His ties were towards the Old, yes. But they weren't born out of hatred for the New.

Sah might not agree with the choice for neutrality, but Morgan and Halo had made him an advisor. If the people of Halo wanted neutrality, he'd do his best to give advice on how to do it. Noah, Deimos, and the others might kill him for it, but this was what was best for Halo at the moment. "If neutrality is our goal, I think an official statement is a good idea." He sent a glance at Morgan and Neron, "Should we also try to procure official support from one of the heralds as well as the Voice? It might limit any potential backlash from the other regions." Or from extremists.
Sah
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
Thankfully, Sah did not seem to be too offended that he had been voted against - Morgan had had councilmembers that had taken such things very personally in the past, so to have him keep a level head was a relief. Maybe this time they'd manage what she dreamed of. No betrayals, no secrets, just a team trying to grasp the best future for Halo from the maw of conflict.

"We do not have approval from the Voice either. She has yet to answer any of my prayers." Morgan shrugged with a sigh. "But yes, I think it would be good to get as much support as we can from the Gods. We should ask Frey, of the Heralds. I believe they are the most amenable to the idea." Maybe she'd have to ask Neron to go to the Voice, to try and procure a peaceful agreement, if there was one to be had. "I would hope, given Halo's relatively lower population and distance from the other cities, we might be able to 'slip through the cracks', as it were. The main battleground will be the Hollowed Grounds, I assume."
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
Neron
i love you as
certain dark things are to be loved
"It has always failed in mine, too," Neron agrees with Sah, flashing the other man a small, fanged smile. "Perhaps as a group we can ensure it doesn't happen here." And it's a path forged, at least, with everyone's agreement. That's is something, and the Hailstorm feels himself sagging into his seat.

Nodding along with Morgan's points - the Hollowed Grounds being the most likely battleground, Frey being the herald with Halo's best in mind - Neron runs a finger around the rim of his wine glass. "The Voice has not responded to Kiada or myself, either," he admits, raising his gaze to his fellow Ascended.

"We ought to petition her again, I think. For a shrine within the Citadel, and for her stance on our neutrality." He'll happily take that stance, if needed.
in secret
between the shadow and the soul