The first wandering step
Open flora encounter
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
"That's a good question. Rae is one God in two bodies. It's a little hard to wrap your mind around. From what I've heard both bodies speak and finish each other sentences." It was a rather strange concept when you first heard it, so Ray didn't blame the Outlander for being a little stumped.

The herbalist was glad that Efas Herbs were one of the easier plants to harvest. The whole plant was required so all they had to do was gently dig it up and place the plant, roots and all, into the bags that Ray had brought. Other herbs were trickier where in only certain parts should or could be harvested, while other parts could harm the gatherer.

Once the two had gathered a few specimens, Ray tied the bag and put it away. "Thank you for the help." Once the bag was situated, she answered Lilliane's other questions.

"To be honest, I'm not a hundred percent why the stars fall under the domain of life. The connection might be more symbolic than literal in the sense that the stars watch over all the life on the world below. But that's just my interpretation." Ray had never actually questioned why Safrin was Vi's herald in particular. It was interesting to consider.

She stood up and dusted the dirt off of her pants before turning to Lilliane, "Shall we head out? I can answer more questions on the way."
They have not
forgotten this
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
Imagining one being in two bodies, even if it was a god, was indeed somewhat difficult. Then again, with magic, animal shifters, tech-based vampires, and actual dragons roaming this world, it wasn't that surprising.

"Anytime," Lilliane replied with a smile as she stood up and watched Ray put away the bag. Once Ray suggested that they head out again, Lilliane nodded. "Sure." She looked around for a moment. "I don't entirely remember the path we took to get here. But since you said you can turn into a bird of some sort, would you be able to fly up and find a way for us if we get lost, or would that be too taxing for you?"

The important questions asked, there was still the topic of starlight and gods. "Hmm... That might be an explanation." Lilliane tilted her head slightly, thinking. "I'm not sure how similar this place is to the world I am from. In my homeworld, the sun and the stars were actually the same thing. Only that the stars were a lot further away. And had other planets - or worlds, one may call them that too - around them to which they were a sun. So basically stars were places that a lot of different life might depend on, just like we did on the sun." For all she knew, Lilliane might have ended up on a different planet in a faraway solar system. Or something else entirely. Maybe a different dimension right out of a fantasy or science fiction book. Or something even weirder. But it didn't really matter, right?
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can
Lilliane
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Lilliane's consideration was kind and Ray smiled at the Outlander, "I can, and it won't be taxing at all. It'd be about as much effort as just walking." Shifting was as easy as breathing and the basic abilities of her other forms were the same. The concern was thus unnecessary but still appreciated. It told the herbalist quite about her companion's personality, all of it good.

Ray's eyes widened with curiosity as Lilliane spoke of her world, "That sounds incredible. I have no idea if it works the same way here in Caido." She eyed the way they'd came, "We need to go before the sun sets but I'd love to hear more sometime. For now, I'll lead us out."

With that, the Attuned shifted into her shangyang form, a pale blue hawk-like bird, and began to lead the Accepted back out of the Labrinyth and into the open air. It wasn't long before they were free, and Ray quickly shifted back to her human form. "See? Easy as walking."
They have not
forgotten this
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
Lilliane nodded and smiled. "Sure. I'm sure we can get the chance to talk some other time." She watched with both curiosity and amazement as Ray changed into the shape of a bird. "That sure is something." she said, more to herself than Ray.

Following the blue bird out of the Labyrinth, Lilliane couldn't help but think of stories she had heard in her own world. A blue bird was associated with bringing happiness. Whether the same could be said about Ray was something Lilliane didn't know yet.

Shortly after, she found herself lead out of the labyrinth. After taking a deep breath, Lilliane smiled. It was somehow comforting to be out of the Labyrinth again. Again, she watched Ray change shape. "It still looks amazing to me though. Even if it's normal to you." A quick glance up revealed that it had gotten somewhat late. "I don't want to keep you, since you have to get home and all. But I'd like to hear more about the shapechanging thing when we have the time to talk more sometime."
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can
Lilliane

Coding base by Sky

Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray chuckled, "It feels natural, but it really is amazing. Flying is unlike anything else." The herbalist's smile turned warm, "If you ever decide to Attune, I'd highly recommend considering a shift with wings." Not only was it fun, but it certainly made long distance travel easier if one wanted to avoid portals.  

At Lilliane's comment, Ray's eyes turned to the sky as well. "You've got a point. It is getting rather late; I should head home." Adjusting her hold on her bag the herbalist turned towards the forest around them. "We'll definitely talk in the future. It was great to meet you, Lilliane!" The Accepted had made a good impression on her. She seemed like a kind woman, inquisitive too. Ray would love to sit down and talk with her in the future when they had more time.  With one last wave, the Attuned started the trek home.

-{FIN}
They have not
forgotten this