[SE] it ain't hard
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
are you telling this story or am I?
Fiadh slithers forward at the mention of the plentiful amount of this in the desert, and of course she overbalances, and Remi will have a snake half draped down the middle of his face. Oops! An' it is weird, I've heard some people commentin' on it to an' from the Caravanserai. You don't expect dead plants in the desert, no, 'cuz plants shouldn't even be able to try'n grow. It's too dry, the ground too packed together, with no moisture to be found.

These plants've been able to grow a bit before dyin'. That's weird. Nothin' even sprouts, normally. With the mental equivalent of a shrug, Fiadh slithers to try and get back up into Remi's nest of curls. Unfortunately, she just ends up draped over the Lullaby's (hopefully closed) eyes. Sorry!
Fiadh
Raccoon | Red Fox | Red Kite | Boomslang | Otter | Harpy
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
Blowing upwards as if the sudden snake in the middle of his forehead was nothing more than an errant curl, Remi holds still for Fiadh to slither back. I suppose that’s a good point. Now instead of asking Mateo about it, Remi was thinking he ought to ask Mateo if he was the cause of it. I wonder if they’re...trying to grow their own food here, or something?

Closing his eyes like some patient old dog whose youthful child counterpart has slapped him in the face, Remi waits until the attuned is back to a point where she’s more or less balanced before continuing on. So long as it isn’t another variation of the blight... Through the attuned bond Fiadh will pick up on his relative indifference. It was an oddity to be sure, and though the desert bordered the Greatwood, so long as...whatever this was stayed here, it wasn’t his to worry about.

There’s about to be another teenager in the Greatwood. Kamaria...have you met her yet?
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Age: 22 | Height: 5’11 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
She does end up back where she needs to be, more or less, settling to bask in the sun now that she's in a position to enjoy it. Her scales soak up the heat and she settles comfortably around Remi so he can walk them home, paying little attention now to the world at large. I thought that at first, but the locals seem just as weirded out by it. The plants haven't even been anythin' edible so far. But that could just mean that it hasn't been anything Fiadh considers edible, to be fair.

The blight? I remember Da telling me 'bout that. I was lookin' for Vi's Roses an' he told me the story. There's a mental pulse as if Fiadh is wrinkling her nose. Mm? Kamaria? Nah, never heard of her, she says, not seeming particularly interested in it either way. She anyone important? Or is she fair game?
Fiadh
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi nods, but only slightly that he might not upset his passenger. “Mmmm.” He mumbles in response, the Blight not being a particularly happy set of memories for the alchemist. “Well, that’s up to you. She’s Safrin’s daughter, but Ronin is looking after her now.” He replies, finding it nearly impossible to stay in the shade given just how little of it was on offer. “So do with that what you will.”

Sweat was dripping in small rivers down Remi’s spine, and though his skin had darkened slightly since LongHeat had begun, it was no where enough to protect him from the harsh rays beating down on them. How would you feel about a slightly different pace? He wonders as wings itch and then push out from his shoulder blades. Had he the ability to cast a shadow he might simply have raised his wings to provide them both with some much needed shade, but alas.

The last time I was out here, we killed some strange gargoyle beneath the sands. Did I ever tell you that?
THE ALCHEMIST
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
Fiadh absolutely will do what she will with that information, and what she decides to do remains to be seen. But Remi will feel the mischief and ideas rolling off the Attuned, even if they haven't taken much of a shape just yet. Wiggling enough to peep behind them and watch the wings as they emerge from his shoulders, and fizzing excitement replaces the slow weave of creativity. I'd like that, she says. "As a red kite or even as a harpy, I can't ever get as much speed as you can."

Then again she doubts anyone, Ronin aside, could match Remi in terms of agility. You what? No you didn't. What'd it look like? Was it hard to kill? Did you get anythin' good out of it? Gargoyles didn't just hang out in the desert as far as she knows.
Fiadh
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
“Off we go, then.” Taking a bit of a running start, Remi rises easily into the air. With a hand going protectively around his neck to ensure his passenger was still with him, the alchemist does his best to stay high enough to not interfere with the merchants below, but not so high as to encourage the sun’s rays.

No, not that difficult. But then, what was difficult for Remi wasn’t necessary a good indicator of what was difficult fullstop. Mort was the one who mentioned there was something worth looking into in the boneyard. It was beneath one of the skeletons out there. He continues, stretching out his wings to try and catch the wide thermals that he might just glide. It was one of the relics, actually. A rapier. So yes, he supposes he did get something good out of it, even if the sword had considered killing him the first time he’d picked it up.
THE ALCHEMIST
Fiadh Dea Arduinna
Grifter

Change author:
Off they go, indeed. Wild euphoria rolls off Fiadh as they take to the air, and although she might be a boomslang, she's got all the thrill of a bird as they soar and glide and try to find a thermal to catch. So it was actually real impossible to kill, if it wasn't that difficult for you, she drawls, snuggling further into his curls so she doesn't get whipped too much by the wind.

A rapier? That doesn't sound all that interesting. I wonder if its remains are still out there, or if there's any real treasure hiding under the skeleton... Treasure that the Taliesin has missed, that an inquisitive young woman might get hold of instead. Thanks for comin' out here with me, Remi. It's been ages since we got to hang out.
Fiadh
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi considers for a moment, before offering his passenger a mental shrug. I think I have lost all hold of what is normal or possible. He admits as if this is something to feel guilty about.

Through the attuned bond, Fiadh will likely feel a colourful pulse of affection as she mentions ReAl TrEaSuRe. I can always take you back and see if you like. If not, I doubt if anyone has moved it around much. I think there were...three landsharks that we killed too? It shouldn't be too hard to find.

For a moment the alchemist has nothing to say in response, wanting both to communicate how much he'd missed spending time with Fiadh while also gesturing to the fact that going through puberty and ageing had changed their relationship somewhat. In the end he decides to simply give his head a playful shake. Any time.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST