[SE] on the nature of seeds
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
"Don't say that, it's bullying," Mateo says mildly, hiding a smile. Everest as anything in authority would be the equivalent of an eldritch horror to his friend, the boy is sure of it. "Do you think they are going to as Dad to do it?" This comes out more quietly, Mateo kicking at a few pebbles and a bit of sand beneath his foot. He's not even sure how he feels about that idea. Would it mean his parents would move back to Stormbreak? Would he have to move out of the Collegium?

His shoulders sag to hear Remi isn't keen for him to start growing a beard and dying in the name of gods, and it's with a smile that he drops back down to dig up the little cactus to add to his collection. "I don't want to grow up quickly. Le persone muoiono quando crescono." Scrunching his nose, he peers up at Remi. "Maybe if Ever wanted to, but I don't think he does either."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've hidden all my fears in a book for only my eyes to see
'What? I think he would be good at it. He likes organizing things, right?" Remi continues, inadvertently shifting his harassment of Finn onto his son, apparently. The mention of Ronin becoming the Eye removes any and all traces of amusement from the alchemist's face, and it's with a stony expression that he stares into the sand. "....They might. He would certainly be a logical choice, given who he is and his experience." None of that seemed to matter much to the alchemist however, if his grumpy expression was anything to go by.

Sadly, Remi inclines his head one way and then the other. "La gente muore anche quando è giovane." He counters with a bit of a sigh as he rubs his ruined hand up the side of his face. "Ma..I am glad that you are not thinking about it. Being young is much better." Remi adds with a wink.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Yes he does. But he also doesn't really know how to speak to people. And he doesn't like making decisions," Mateo counters as he tucks the little dream cactus in its new pot into his bag, happily on his feet (if not sweating profusely and a bit woozy by now). Still, he can't help but pout as Remi replies about the Huntsman, stepping forward suddenly to wrap his arms around his father's middle. "I hope they don't ask him. Or that he says no," he admits.

Remembering belatedly that yes, people do die even when they are young, Mateo huffs out a breath and steps back. "It is much better," he agrees, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Mi sento troppo caldo. Possiamo andare a casa?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
'Well, if you had ever met Cian, you would know that he didn't know how to speak to people either." Remi half-sings, feeling not one bit bad about making a mockery of the dead. "We all have to do things we do not like to do, though. But hopefully Ever finds a job where that isn't asked of him all that often."

Finding his son's arms suddenly around his waist, Remi pitches forward to wrap Mateo up in a tight hug that's as adoring as it is sweaty and warm. "Anch'io." Remi agrees with a sigh. "But, if they do ask him, and if he does have to say yes, we will all find a way to make it work." Whether this was said strictly for Mateo's benefit or whether the alchemist needed to hear the words himself hardly mattered.

Releasing Mateo only to see his son looking flushed, Remi frowns. "Naturalmente. Do you want to walk, or shall we fly?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
"I never met him and I don't think I am sad about it," Mateo says, his voice a bit muffled where he's suddenly smooshed against Remi. "But I hope Ever gets a good job, too. Maybe he can help me with my plants if he finds things too stressful." A budding empath, only a future life of drug fuelled mayhem will hinder this part of Mateo's personality. He nods as his father confirms that even the worst scenario wil be dealt with one way or another, peeling himself away if for no other reason than because he might pass out.

"Please can we fly," he says, and not only because of the cooling breeze in his hair. "I still haven't managed to get my skyship up into the air. Do you think we can work on that a bit more soon?" It's a little big to haul around when it's not currently floating about.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"You didn't miss out on much." Remi says of the former Eye, shrugging. 'Is he good with plants, too?' The alchemist had thus far been rather careful about what he did and didn't learn about Everest Hart insofar as he was Finn's son; something about it had always felt a bit dangerous.

Having assumed Mateo would say as much, Remi is already standing back to shift. Though he could easily carry Mateo in his arms during the journey home, it was an awfully childlike position to put his son into, especially when said son was rapidly becoming a young man. 'We absolutely can.' Remi's agreement is instant, though he doesn't bother to add especially if Ronin becomes the new Eye and we both spend more time in Stormbreak. Instead, he rolls his shoulders as they become heavily furred and his body bitches forward. Bowing his leonine head and flexing his wings forward and his tail backwards to give Mateo room to sit, the manticore opens his jaws wide in a long yawn.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
"In theory," Mateo says with a grin. "But Ever is good at lots of things in theory. It's when he needs to wing it that he's in trouble." Which makes them quite a good team, because he's very good at the winging it part. Smiling broadly to hear that they can work on their skyboat, he hops back a bit as his father becomes a manticore. Yawning back at Remi - it's contagious - he clumsily clambers onto the back of the large, furry body.

Luckily the cold air as they fly will keep them awake, and with the beat of a manticore's wings, they'll arrive back at the Greatwood in no time. Mateo won't replant his new additions until he is back home in Stormbreak, but he will check on them - frequently.

~FIN