an eternity of time to waste
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
I've been sleepwalking, Too close to the fire
But it's the only place that I can hold you tight
Breathing deeply and feeling a flavourful lightness in the back of his throat that sinks down into his bones, Remi watches the raindrops ascend and shimmer above them. "Commandeer." The alchemist repeats, making no attempt to hide the disgust in his voice or the way his body tenses. He's thinking primarily of Isla of course, and the thought of her being taken over has him swallowing unhappily. "Do you think Safrin or Ludo could take us over? Are we just being naive about all of this?" He wonders, pressing a kiss just beneath one of Ronin's eyes.

'Well...I guess if we're being serious...maybe it would...slow them down. The way that animals are able to hibernate. It would give us time to figure out how to keep them alive without the Voice, assuming she would be destroyed." Twitching his lips as he pushes his toe through a bit of the hammock's netting, Remi shrugs as he considers. "Varus...he's Isla's—" The pause is barely noticeable, but for a moment the air feels stiff before Remi continues. "—boyfriend. He was beneath the ground for...centuries, it sounds like. So there must be some way that they can go offline and not actively need the Voice."
the lullaby
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
you may not want to change
but the world is unforgiving and will do it for you anyway
Closing his eyes as if to feel Remi's kiss all the more, the rain slowly patters to a halt, and stormclouds threaded with ribbons of gold begin to roll in. "I don't know," he says honestly, regarding Safrin and Ludo. "I would say no, only because I think even we would go mad, or be destroyed, if we tried to house the presence of a god," he admits. "In the desert when I went to fight that big bone monster, someone channelled and Safrin gave me a boost, I guess? But she didn't take me over."

Blinking his eyes open again, he frowns up at the sky. "But the Ascended are on... a kind of network, right? It's why they need the Voice to begin with." And although it's only a fraction of a second, he still draws Remi closer as talk turns to Varus. "Like you said about animals going into hibernation... maybe it's the same. Or maybe that was just because the connection to the Voice was severed when she was caught behind the barrier."

It's too many what ifs and too few certainties, and so it's almost in frustration that Ronin leans in to kiss the Lullaby, as if to feel something real (even in a dream). "I love you," he whispers. "I'd love you even if Ludo took you over. Which is saying something because it really freaks me out."
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Mmmmmmm." Remi hums affectionately, happy to accept Ronin's answer on this if only because it saved him from having to think about Ludo taking him over. "I wonder if Isla could find out. Surely if the Voices cares about them all as much as she says, she would want some sort of contingency plan in case they lost?" Thunder purrs considerately from the clouds overhead as Remi's eyelashes lower, and then close altogether. "Maybe they already know. I'm sure that isn't the sort of thing she'd tell me, now."

He understood of course, but gods he didn't want to think about it, and so it was with a renewed zeal that Remi finds himself kissing Ronin back. Rolling into the Huntsman, shrinking and contorting, Ronin will find a grey and black shape nestled against his chest. Small hands will clutch at the stormguard uniform, tugging it into a rough pillow as the newly-shifted raccoon wiggles and then settles. I'd forgotten I could do this. Remi muses, closing his eyes and imagining that as each of Ronin's breaths lifted him, giant bubbles were somewhere similarly lifting up the mountains.
the lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
you may not want to change
but the world is unforgiving and will do it for you anyway
Frowning, both in empathy for his husband and at the realisation that there very well already could be a contingency plan, Ronin sinks into their kiss and smiles as the storm rolls in, blanketing them in a warm and comforting sort of darkness. He does blink in surprise to feel Remi shifting - literally - in his arms, able to roll onto his back just as the raccoon starts to fidget with his uniform. He huffs out a surprised laugh, reaching out to scritch the scruff of Remi's neck.

"I had as well. I remember all the trouble you used to get into as a raccoon. Remember when Sugar assumed you were a rival and you had to run along the beams of the guildhall?" He tucks his arms behind his head, watching as the stars lazily rearrange themselves into the guildhall in question; into a giant dick made out of snow; into feathers and antlers and the boat where they live.

"Do you want to wake up now?" he asks softly. "Or shall we stay a little longer?"
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
I want... His thieving raccoon hands likely detracted from the suggestive quality of his mental voice, but never mind. ...to wake up together, so that I can put you right back to sleep again. The thunderclouds merge together, groaning with friction and tension that has the stars shivering with anticipation and delight.

The netting of the hammock will meld and fade until its made of feathers and furs, Remi's weight will grow and spread, and the light from the rain-stars and golden rivers will dull into darkness. "Now," Rolling over again, this time for real, Remi blankets his husband and replaces the rain of the dream world with the heat from his body and smattering of kisses. Lowering his hips, Remi breathes in not the scent of bergamot and botanicals, but of Ronin and the realness of their life together. "-let me love you back to sleep."

What follows is both fast and slow, and it's not only sleep that comes quickly, but Ronin too.

~FIN
the lullaby