dont know where your mind is
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

'Cause you've got a mind that is so hell bent on
Fixing me up before I get my coat off
"Fausto?" Bastien repeated, tilting his head from side to side. Had he come from Venice a few decades later, he would have surely made a reference to a certain play, but as it was he had no associations with the name. "I suppose that's quite nice. Where does it come from?"

Bracing himself for Azrael to climb his shoulders, Bastien felt grateful for his Ascended strength and lack of tiredness - most men could not lift their adult children so and leave without a seriously bent back. The question had him tilt his head up as far as he can. "Absolutely. Do whatever you feel is necessary to position it. I am hardly an expert on this - I do not even know what it's for."
You with those hands that are so hell bent on
Making a mess to suggest you'd think something
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael

They don’t expect their father to know, truthfully, but it seems to have a similar ring to the name that Bastien’s own name has, and the language they’ve been teaching themself here and there to surprise their father one day with how far they’ve come. “I read a book that had the name in it… In the Atheneum! And it has some Italian.” They chime, feeling a small bubble of pride.

It’s one that swells inside them as they climb their father’s back, situating the lightning rod right on the flattest spot, while they start to rummage around in their pockets for a spool of wire and a bit of glue.

They work diligently to get the rod in place, leaning into the pile a bit more with the help of Bastien to glue the feet of the rod into place, using the wiring to help reinforce it on the particular stone that it’s a part of. “Just a couple more things…” They trail off, tongue sticking out of their lips as they work on making sure it isn’t going to budge.

It takes some time but after a few long moments, the rod is attached and they’re climbing down from their perch with a wide grin aimed at their father. “We did it!” They chime their excitement, the young demigod hopping on their tiptoes a brief second before they’re content to make their ways back down the Spire and back toward home.

— FIN <333
Oh, brother, run fast, brother, run fast
They're coming your way, coming your way