Training too many distractions
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
but if you're broken
Obscured by the coastal treeline, the sun has started to set and the beach has turned into a shady retreat. It's a balm from the heat, the weather already starting to get warmer as Flowerbirth begins approaching Longheat. Not many people inhabit the side of the beach Aurelia's sequestered herself off to, carrying a makeshift thatch dummy.

It's a bit odd, probably, to see. But she'd rather make ash and dust out of this thing than the palm trees. Once she thinks she's far enough that she can't disturb anyone, she slams the dummy down firmly into the sand. Giving it a few pushes further into the ground to ensure it won't fall over, she dusts off her shirt and steps back several feet.

"Okay..." she puffs out a sigh, rolling her shoulders, and otherwise making good efforts to relax. The attempts feel futile. Slowly but steadily she begins pacing back-and-forth in the sand, nibbling on the skin of her thumb.
you don't have to stay broken
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
- NATE -
no surrender, no retreat, i'll tear down every wall
just to keep you warm, just to bring you home
Call it nostalgia, call it a mistake, call it whatever you want, Nate is back in Torchline. One day only, since he trusts the Court of Stars about as much as he trusts anything to do with stars, and well. Better to avoid the Queen throwing a hissy fit at him, huh? And with the way tensions are rising, this is probably the last time he'll get the chance to sift through the ashes of what was once his life.

Funny, how things grow out of so much destruction.

Silent feet carry him across a sandy path so familiar he doesn't really need to watch himself, though Pemota still keeps an eye out for him, hovered over his shoulder effortlessly while he stares out into the ocean and tries to not think too hard about the houses at the top of the cliff that he's slowly but surely wandering towards.

What he needs is a distraction. And the world, Caido, whatever, it seems to hear his prayer, and spits one out in the form of a familiar figure pacing in front of a dummy. Nate waits for a moment, head cocked as he watches Aurelia, creeping closer and closer. He's right behind her, head all but on her shoulder when he finally announces himself. "This guy botherin' you?"
i will burn this city down for a diamond in the dust
i'll keep you safe and sound when there's no one left to trust
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
but if you're broken
Aurelia is so concentrated on getting her nerves together that she hardly notices Nate's very stealthy approach. So when she can see the tip of a nose over her shoulder, when his voice breaks her un-focus, she nearly jumps out of her skin.

A layer of tiger-striped fur covers the back of her neck, bristling with alarm, but it quickly disappears as she realizes it's "Nate!" A relieved grin brightens her face as she whirls around to fully face him {and his starwhale-narwhal}. She reaches out to hug him, the act impulsive though it feels right, her grip on him enough that if he had need for his lungs he might feel her strangle them.

"You scared me!" She laughs lightly, shoulders rolling as she releases him and steps back to get a better look at him. "It's been ages. How have you been? Congratulations on the twins, by the way," she adds, a proud glint in her gaze.
Aurelia
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
- NATE -
It’s hard to not laugh when he makes Aurelia jump, but Nate manages to just barely cage the sound behind his toothy grin. “In the fle-” He starts, the pithy words pushed out before they’re ready with the sudden pressure of arms around him. He doesn’t expect it, much as he appreciates the pressure (even if his ribs don’t), his arms circling around her in turn.

Yeah?” He manages to gasp as he’s released, a hand coming up to grasp dramatically at his chest while he tries to catch breath he never had in the first place. “Was the hug my punishment or something?

Nate looks the once arbiter, once queen over, taking in the changes time has made. “Its been too long.” He agrees easily. “Thanks. They’re a handful, but… I got a few to spare lately.” As if to demonstrate, a holographic hand crackles into being, reaching up to push back dark hair that’s shorter than she’d remember, and yet somehow twice as wild for it. “What’re you working on here?
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
but if you're broken
She smirks and tilts her head at him, saying, "Well, I'd punch you but I know better." It'd probably end up hurting her more than him. So! A suffocating hug will have to do.

Nate takes in the changes that time has made on Aurelia, though to be truly fair the changes are more internal than external. He'll recognize the scars on her arms from Hotaru's lightning, which have yet to change. Though her hair is longer now, nearly down to her lower back. She's overdue for a trim, unlike him. But his hair's still as wild as ever - if not moreso now than ever - but she'd always found it to be a charming sort of detail.

The weird, holographic extra set of arms, though? That's startlingly new to her. She steps back a foot or two in her surprise, brows raising. "Now that's strange," she remarks, though contrary to her phrasing she does sound impressed. "Did the Voice give you any other weird gadgets?"

As for what she's doing? She turns her attentions back to the target, folding her arms over her chest as she huffs out a short breath. "I dunno," she shrugs, glancing over at him, "it's been a while since I've practiced my magic so I thought I'd do some warm-ups. Pun intended," she grins humorously before she pauses and asks, "Want to join in?"
Aurelia
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
- NATE -
A deep laugh leaves Nate, his real arms flexing as if to say no, a measly punch wouldn't affect me, though the smug look on his face slips just a little bit when Aurelia backs away. "A man's gotta have some secrets, doesn't he?" Three sets of arms cross over Nate's chest, the false ones flickering out of existence just before he leans in again. "There's nothing else flashy like that, so no more surprises." Not other than the slight glow under his skin where his arms cross, almost invisible in the evening sun.

He squints past Aurelia at the target in the distance, his nose wrinkling. "Not really a challenge if it's not moving, is it?" Nate grins, an idea percolating in his head as he steps forward. "I could toss a couple shells, you could try and hit them?" It seems more fun than just standing by statically, if nothing else.