loving you from the red side of the moon
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

"Mmm." Morgan responded, deciding that it was better to not get too deep into the topic of Neron's stint as Warden. Just how he was going to make the most of her affections ought to be concerning, but she was tired and occupied with far larger problems - honestly, Neron's little jokes were starting to become one of the things getting her through the days.

She waited quietly, staring somewhere around his chin and past to the wall, as he considered his answer. Of course, his reply had to do with his Launcelyn roots - it was easy to forget, with the name not having half the import it did on his old word. "I do not think it'd be such a shame if they were like you. Though I cannot say that for all your family."

As for herself...Morgan turned to lay on her back next to him, stared up at the ceiling. "I always assumed I wouldn't. That either no man would want to do so with me, or that I'd die too early in duty for it to be a thing to consider. I...suppose I would like to. It would be good to think I had had some hand in the next generation of Halo. But then again, I am also very busy trying to manage this one."
I've got you
You've got whatever's left of me to get
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
"I'm not sure how to feel about that," he says with a smirk; a bunch of little conniving mages running around? Honestly, it tracks. But that doesn't mean he would wish it on anyone. As Morgan shifts to lay on her back, Neron settles on his side so he can look at her properly, his fair hair already mussed further by the bed. "I ought to have known it would be practical, for you," he murmurs, tucking his arm beneath one of the pillows. It's not as though they can have children either way, so the conversation feels intellectual at best.

"I suppose if you look at it from a Warden's perspective, this generation of Halo are all your children, sort of. The Shields, the citizens... even the Ascended who come here to find safety and to live their lives. And if they live under your guidance and teach that to their children... you've had a hand in the future." It seems fairytale-esque when he puts it like that, though.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MORGAN

Morgan smiled faintly; it was her nature to put everything in practical terms, but she, much like anyone else, had emotions and wants. "There is a part of me that sometimes sees children and yearns for them anyway, despite all the reasons why not. ...Then there is also a part that hears a baby crying and thinks the whole thing seems like an annoying waste of time." Quietly she laughed, shaking her head just a little on the pillow. "This is why I defer to the practical reasons."

The people of the Citadel being her children was a rather poetic notion, one that she found difficult to swallow knowing how their opinions of her differed greatly across the region. "..I suppose, in the end, all I can hope is that it is remembered as a good one, as far as those 'children' go." Deimos and Noah would tell a much different story to Neron; while she was currently in rule and for the most part favoured, that could all tip in an instant.

"Well. I should sleep, so I can begin the letters true in the morning." Morgan shuffled down until she was comfortable and with a wry smile, affectionately let her ankle rest on Neron's. "I don't know how you don't die of boredom just laying there closing your eyes all night, but it's nice to have you here."
I've got you
You've got whatever's left of me to get
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
"An annoying waste of time," Neron repeats, scoffing into the pillow and shaking his head. "If you thought that ruling the Citadel was bad, wait until you need to wake up for night feeds, and all that?" Raising his eyebrows, he can't wipe the smile off his face, though it remains half-hidden in the pillows. "There are plenty of actual orphans in Halo, if you were really feeling maternal," he says. "And most of them are beyond the squalling-at-night phase."

Relaxing further into the bed, Neron scrunches his nose at her. "I'm sure they will," he says. "And I do all my best thinking when you are asleep. You learn to be very patient, as an Ascended," he says quietly, accepting the small and affectionate touch and letting his eyes close, even if there will be no rest to follow. (Not in the traditional sense, anyway). "Good night, Morgan."

~FIN