{open} so far to fall
open
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"No." Juniper shook her head. "I'm a hunter, but I've never killed a person. I have no desire to do so ... But I will be called to, I expect. Indirectly, if not in person." She couldn't hide from that fact forever. There was no such thing as a bloodless war -- or perhaps fluidless was the better term, given the nature of the Ascended. Even if Juniper managed to escape ending lives with her own hands, as the leader of the Grounds, she would almost certainly end up making decisions that led to deaths. The thought already haunted her.

"Thank you." Juniper's mouth twisted in an ironic smile. "In a way, losing myself in hate would make this easier ... but it would indeed mean losing myself. That is not who I am, nor who I wish to be."

Juniper nodded at Mildew's analysis. She hadn't really expected the demigoddess to be able to tell her exactly where Frey and Rae stood -- she would simply have to ask them herself if she truly wanted to know. Part of Juniper doubted there was any point, though. Why waste a god's time by asking them a question she already knew the answer to? The Ascended must die. "I understand. I may yet seek out a shrine myself ... I have no love for the Voice, but it's hard for me to face the idea of totally exterminating her followers."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mildew
I question your innocence
Mildew nodded, a quiet sigh escaping her lips as she watched the Fae grapple with the idea. "Once you have killed...it changes you. You do not go back. Don't let it be a decision you make lightly." Not that she thought it would be, with the clear hesitation and doubt in Juniper's voice, something that the Demi-Goddess approved of. She'd never had much patience for those with bloodlust.

"You know...I wouldn't, just as of yet, lose all hope for the chance of a mutual solution. I don't think it likely, admittedly, but..." She shrugged, a knowing smile approaching her face. "The Gods can surprise us all. Perhaps we could find a solution like the one so many years ago, though a little more elegant. Something to contain, rather than to kill." The Ascended couldn't be allowed to roam freely turning more, that much was clear, but she liked to think not all the Old Gods would want every single current one dead.

Clapping her thighs, she shook her head, leaves tumbling out of her mass of curls. "This is all very miserable. Come on, darling, show me something wonderful in this Greatwood of yours! You must have a favourite place."
Well, are you responsible for your actions?
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

Juniper nodded, finding that Mildew's words rang true. "It won't be." She could only envision herself choosing to end a life if it saved more lives, and even then, it would not be easy. Those who could casually take a life ... Juniper wanted no part of that.

Another nod, and this time Mildew received a slight smile. "Perhaps. If the opportunity for such a solution arises, I will be the first to advocate for it, I hope." The Voice certainly could not be allowed to create more Ascended -- but perhaps if she were stopped, the Ascended could live in peace.

As Mildew changed the subject, Juniper's smile widened. "Hmm ... I've always had a soft spot for Ludo's Woods. They're quiet and reflective, a good place to go to think. But my favorite place recently has been the Sea of Branches, actually. It's always so busy, so many of our people going about their lives -- and not just our people."
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Swamp Witch

Age: 517 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Mildew
I question your innocence
To see Juniper so open to a less bloodthirsty plan made Mildew feel some hope for those that would be fighting this war. She'd had similar discussions centuries ago with many before and during the first war and not all had been quite so hesitant to kill. "You're a good woman. I hope you find a way through this, dear. Maybe I'll come see you again in a few years and we can talk about how it all went."

For the Demi-Goddess, a few years was like an overnight sleep.

"The Sea of Branches...I'd love to see it. I know most of the places in this wood, but it's been so long I think all the names have changed." Mildew stood and brushed off her skirt (as if it would make a difference, with all the dirt and plants stuck on it) and held out a hand to help Juniper up. "Do take me on a tour."

{FIN}
Well, are you responsible for your actions?