burn 'em up and scatter their remains
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He doesn’t meet her eyes for a moment and she can’t blame him. The words ring true for her and Maeve sniffles, nodding her head as she reaches up to wipe roughly at her eyes. ”It really is.” She whispers, voice barely audible over the waves crashing against the shore. Aidon huffs out a breath, smoke curling from his nostrils as he meets Amun’s eyes, trotting forward to finally greet the Ascended. A trill sounds from his throat, head cocking to the side, sending a flash of intrigue towards Maeve. A picture of Adam accompanying it. She shakes her head, ”No, love, it isn’t him.” She whispers, voice threatening to break all over again.

”Are there holes in your floors?” It catches her off guard enough to momentarily draw her back from the knife’s edge she’s hanging on. Maeve carefully rubs the top of its head, scratching gently before she withdraws her hand again, leaving Aidon to make his own introductions. The Nightshade met his eyes, jade eyes still rimmed with tears, ”You didn’t happen to know Adam, did you? He- he recently passed and-“ She cut herself off again, swallowing thickly as she tried to push down the grief and guilt. ”And I’ve just been alone. Trying to raise my son and take care of Torchline and everything. It’s been a lot.”
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Simply smiling at Maeve, Amun let her words pass without comment. As Aidon approached, the potter shifted his gaze to the dragonling. Movements slow and precise, he reached out one hand to scratch under Aidon's chin. "I'm not, but I'm glad to meet you, Aidon." Keeping one eye on the dragonling, the Ascended moved until he could watch both Aidon and the Nightshade. Although Amun arched an eyebrow at the mystery man, the potter didn't ask.

Letting out a bark of laughter, he shrugged one shoulder. "Not anymore, but only because I've established semi-permanent tunneling spots in my home and places of business. Turns out having a landshark for a companion wreaks havoc on your property." Zhanshi snapped his teeth at the Ascended who just chuckled. The landshark brushed against Maeve once more before dropping into the ground and moving in a circle between the seated man and woman.

Wincing at the mention of Adam's death, Amun nodded. "I'm so sorry. I hadn't heard." Grimacing, he sighed. "I knew him, a long time ago. Before...he came back I suppose. I didn't get to meet him after his resurrection, but he was full of life and joy once and I imagine that was still true." Pausing, he eyed her. "I take it you two were close?" It wasn't quite a question, more of a request for confirmation.

Taking a deep breath, he inclined his head to her. "If so, I'm sorry for your loss." Glancing down at Aidon, the potter shook his head. "But...I find it hard to believe you're alone. At the very least you've got Aidon here, right? And friends and council members and loved ones, if not a significant other." He smiled, though it didn't quite reach his eyes.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Realizing now that Amun held no threat for his bonded, Aidon relaxes considerably, trilling softly as the Ascended scratches under his chin. He cranes his head slightly, angling this way and that to get in the spot he wants before giving his hand a final gentle nudge, moving his large form to sit behind Maeve instead in a show of support.

This draws a watery laugh from the Nightshade, a smile playing on her lips for the span of a breath, "I would imagine so. They're pretty cute when they aren't twenty times your size and trying to eat you." She murmurs, giving Zhanshi a final scratch before she presses forward, fingers pressing hard against her calves.

"It's alright... I don't think many do. It was-" She pauses, trying to find the words, "He was attacked by a Sea Panther on the shore. They don't typically hunt that way, but I guess it was hungry enough." Maeve lifts her shoulders in a shrug, swallowing thickly as her voice trembles and fresh tears prick her eyes. "We were. He was one of my best friends." And he truly was. There were very few people who just got her. The list could be counted on a single hand.

She didn't mean to scoff. Truly. Except she's still bitter and all of the hurt is hard to separate. "No, I suppose not alone, but definitely lacking. My partner disappeared again not that long ago. Third time he's run off and this time?" She shakes her head, lips pressing into a thin line, "Well, we'll just say he's out of chances. My son and I deserve better than that." She's surprised at herself for sharing all of this so easily, letting it flow from her without a second thought, but she's been lonely. He isn't Adam, but for a moment, it feels like he is.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun obliged Aidon, shifting his fingers as the dragonling moved his head. As Maeve's companion left, the potter gave Aidon a little wave before the Ascended turned his attention back to Zhanshi. Amun dipped his fingers in the sand for the landshark to brush against.

Then the potter pulled a small cube of meat form a pouch at his belt and tossed it to the ground. His companion surfaced just long enough to gobble it down before returning to tunnel around the seated Ascended. "At least this one is, though he probably would still try to eat me." He shot a wink at her.

Grimacing, he met her gaze. "Then I am truly sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose those we're close to." He bowed his head for a moment. "Have you held a memorial for him yet?"

Nodding at her assessment, his lips twitched. "You do. Both of you. And any man that leaves you is a dumbass. We just met and even I can see that." He pressed his lips together. "That is a lot for one person to deal with. How do you usually prefer to blow off steam?" Cocking his head to the side, he arched an eyebrow.
AMUN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffed a soft laugh, wiping at her eyes as she drew a breath, seeming to be out of tears for the time being. "He probably would still try to eat you. He is cute, though. He should get points for that." The Nightshade murmured with a nod, watching as his companion appeared briefly to steal the meat before diving back under the sand once more.

She shook her head slowly at his question, "No, I haven't, but I did make him a lantern." It was dark with splashes of color. Just like he was. She liked to think that he would appreciate it. Even if it didn't say 'fuck' anywhere on it.

The Nightshade dips her head towards the potter, "You're kind to say so. I've not had the best luck with men." There were many things that had occurred in the previous seasons to make her say so. Not that he'd be aware of any of that. "I used to take clients. I was a working Madame. Now my attention lies elsewhere. Otherwise, I garden or dance."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Rising from the sea like some warm and welcome submarine is a Tumsea. With a smattering of starfish on its shell and a coating of seaweed, the creature looks as if it is trying to reflect the starlit heavens. Slow and kind, the creature glances your way, and though it is difficult to ascribe a smile to a creature such as this, indeed it seems to be smiling at you before descending down back into the waves.

You’ve encountered a Tumsea. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

Tumseas (rare/mythical): Smaller cousins of the Tulmhainar, Tumseas are like moving ecosystems all unto themselves. With shells of brilliant blues and earth browns, these turtle-like creatures can grow to nearly 4ft in diameter and can hold their breath for decades at a time. Bringing vibrancy and health to all the underwater trails they follow, Tumseas are thought to be good omens and are often followed by schools of fish encantados
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun let out a chuckle. Jerking his chin at Aidon, the potter waggled his eyebrows. "Are you saying Aidon wouldn't try to take a nibble if the opportunity presented itself?" He winked at the dragonling.

Smiling, the Ascended cocked his head to one side. "Was it a portrait of him in all his glory? I mean, I'm sure he'll appreciate it anyway, but I vaguely remember him having a health sense of self-worth."

Grimacing, he scratched his chin. "I'm sorry to hear that. As a man I can confirm we're a pretty crappy lot, overall." Pulling his knees up to his chest, he wrapped his arms around them. "When was the last time you went dancing?" He rest his chin on his knees.

Before he could say anything further, however, there was sound and movement from the ocean. Twisting and craning his neck, his eyes widened as he saw the creature the crested. Mouth parting, he froze, going entirely motionless until it slipped under the waves again. "What in the world?" he breathed.
AMUN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The Nightshade scoffed, offended on behalf of her companion who was quick to mimic her sound, affixing him with narrowed reptilian eyes. "Absolutely not. Aidon would never." The great dane size dragonling let out a plume of smoke as he snorted in response.

She shook her head, "No, nothing like that. I'm not a painter. That was more of Bastien's thing." A silly thought suddenly popped into her head and she couldn't help the laughter it caused to bubble out of her. "I'll just think about him when I get off. He'd like that more that some painting."

With a wave of her hand, Maeve dismissed his apology, "You're best enjoyed in short doses. The men who paid to sleep with me treated me much better than those who didn't. Perhaps I should return to that system." The former Madame hummed, shaking her head at the thought as her mind briefly flitted to Jack. He was the only one who still did, but he barely counted as a man when it was clear he was more of a dog.

"The last time I danced formally was probably months ago. I find myself doing it in my training. The movements simply natural after so long, but I haven't danced in ages, it seems." The Nightshade murmured just as the creature crested the water, causing her to grow silent, jade eyes widening.

A bright smile finds its way to her lips, making a home there as she watches the creature for a few heartbeats before it sinks back beneath the waves. "That was Tumsea... It's very rare to see them. Even more so this close to shore. They're believed to be good luck."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun arched an eyebrow. Looking between Aidon and Maeve, the potter grinned. "Really? So what does he eat then?" Zhanshi poked his nose out of the sand and the Ascended gently pushed the landshark underground.

Laughing at her idea, Amun nodded. "Sounds like a fitting way to honor his memory. Though don't sell yourself short on the art front. Everyone can be a painter if they practice, and I'm sure your garden is beautiful."

Waggling his eyebrows, he smirked. "It's true, people are only capable of handling me in short doses. I get that all the time." He cocked his head to the side. "Or maybe put them through an elaborate series of trials. That way you filter out the unworthy ones and, as a plus, you get to see attractive men get all hot, sweaty, and bothered as they fight over your hand." Laughing, he winked at her.

Humming in response to her comment about training, he straightened his legs out again. "I'm not much of a dancer, but if you ever feel the need to stretch your legs shoot me a note." He inclined his head to her.

Simply basking in the presence of the majestic creature that departed as swiftly as it appeared, he almost didn't register her reply right away. Only after a few long beats passed did he look away from the water that still rippled from the tumsea's passing. "Hmm? Is that so? Then perhaps we should not do anything to ruin this fortuitous omen." He sighed as his gaze trailed back to where the good luck charm had been just moments ago.

Standing up, he brushed the sand off as best he could and swept into a bow. "I'm very glad we were able to get past my initial outburst. You're certainly the sweetest poison I've ever known, and I hope someone comes along to sweep you off your feet." His lips twitched into a smile as he stood up. "Failing that, I hope your friends are able to support you with anything you need or just want."
AMUN
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"Fish, poultry, red meat... Whatever he can catch." And while he could certainly catch her, Maeve didn't make the list of things to eat. At least, not as far as Aidon was concerned.

Her laughed melded with his, eyes brighter now than they were at the beginning of their encounter, a new lightness settling in her chest. "It definitely is. He'd prefer it." Maeve's smile lingered as she lifted her eyes to his, "You should come see it sometime. I have one at the Halenani and in the Court. One of them is a bit more deadly than the other." The Court of Stars housed many of the plants she was named for, beautiful and lethal, much like she was.

"I will. I don't make it over to the Grounds really, but if I'm ever heading that way, I'll be sure to let you know." The Nightshade mimicked his movements, stretching out her own legs that had grown stiff from being drawn so close to her chest.

Standing as he did, Maeve brushed the sand from her clothes, a smile playing on her lips at his compliment. "Well, my name does mean to intoxicate." The queen quipped, dipping her head in acknowledgement. "Thank you, Amun. Travel safe, okay? I'll keep in touch."

~FIN <3~