[se] That distant horizon
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
He listened as he swam, gliding over to the spring and scooped the jar over it where the water tasted different; cooler and earthier, even in the salty waves. Maneuvering in the shallow water around the rocks wasn't easy as the waves crashed in and tried to force him back to shore, or else dash him against the sharp stones, but Hadama endured the brief battering and lifted the jar into the air to keep the mixed water safe as he returned to Remi and offered the container back to him.

What is his name? Hadama's tone held a thoughtful curiosity, and a little wonder at the tale. And this watery refuge beneath the sand... is it an extension of Rae's Fingers?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
& now I'm all alone in the dark of night
Kneeling, it was with quick and sure hands that Remi accepted back the jar (even missing a few fingers, as he was). Ghilio. He replies, before pausing thoughtfully. Or...that is what Safrin called him. It was possible that it was a pet-name or even an insult in another language, but certainly it had sounded like a name.

Making sure the jar's lid was screwed on tight—not because he didn't believe in the merman's abilities but moreso to do something with his hands—Remi gives his head a slow but unsure shake. I do not think so, but...I suppose it is possible. The desert is on the other side of the continent from here. But if Rae wanted water ot stretch that far, I am sure they could make it happen easily enough.
The moon is shining but I can't see the light
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ghilio.

A name to be remembered or... recovered? Perhaps he'd heard it before, after all, in one of the old story-songs his father sang. Hadama put the thought away for the moment, noting Remi's missing fingers along with his other collection of scars, and the merman's head took on a thoughtful tilt as he lounged in the shallow surf.

I am not familiar with distances in the drylands, Hadama admitted, a little chagrined. Rae's Fingers were the only place of water-under-sand that he could think of in Torchline. The mermanta flicked the whip-like end of his in the small waves of the shoreline, cutting through the water and foam as he considered their conversation and its many revelations.

Do you think you will return here again, some day? Curious green eyes returned to rest on Remi's face, and the flavor of Hadama's mental voice carried a quiet sense of welcome.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
If you think of the distance between here and around the coast to Stormbreak…it is that, perhaps…5 times over? It is the best measurement Remi can think to give, but even as he says it, he has to offer the merman an apologetic smile as he shakes his head. But then…perhaps that is not right at all.

Inhaling deeply and glancing once again towards the horizon, Remi has to consider the question carefully for a moment before eventually shrugging. Very likely. The alchemist replies at last, tugging his gaze back from where the water blended into the sky. That Aoife was buried not too far from where they stood was his reason, but Hadama didn’t need to be weighed down by that information. The Arklight is the only body of water large enough for me to comfortably shift into. He says instead with a crooked and boyish smile.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama thought about the distance, but in the end he only shrugged. I have not yet traveled beyond these waters. I have only recently finished my training, but now... Perhaps one day I will swim to these places. Then I can let you know how close you were. The merman seemed quietly pleased at the thought of such an adventure - comfortably far into the future, when there was still so much of Torchline beyond the waters for him to explore.

I am glad. I would like to see you again. To see more of the world beyond the shore, and to hear your stories of it. The vision of the Greatwood sunset lingered in his thoughts, a magical experience both literally and figuratively as a window into a world he had never imagined before.

Again, the mention of a large shift, and this time Hadama tilted his head curiously to one side and took the bait. What is it that you can become?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
Grinning at that, the alchemist nods. You do that. Watch for the Ghostwhales. He adds with a wink. Saying as much was like telling a Grounder to mind the Landsharks—a warning they well knew—so it was offered more in cheek than anything else.

Then I shall look for you in the waters when I am here next. The alchemist offers, surprised to find that he too would like to meet up. Being a bit of a loner had become the norm with Remi as of late, but he had genuinely enjoyed Hadama’s company. We could dream together as well. He offers again with a soft shrug. Nearly he’d almost suggested that they could fly in a dream, only just realizing how unnerving that might sound to the Mer.

With a crooked smile that deepened Remi’s dimples, the alchemist ruffles a hand through his curls. A…kraken. I have been accused of being the creature that haunts the maw, but to my knowledge, that is not me.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Indeed. Hadama nodded solemnly to the warning, but there was the sparkle of humor in his eyes at the joke. Ghostwhales, sea panthers, killer whales, and jellyfish swarms; there was rarely a dull moment in the depths of the Arklight.

Who knew what dangers lurked beyond the Maw?

The mermanta nodded contentedly at the offer, but the mention of dreaming had him tilting his head thoughtfully. I have never heard of such a thing, he admitted. But I would be willing to try. Is there anything I must do? It sounded so different from merfolk magic, but his curiosity was thoroughly piqued by it.

He was also fascinated by the curly hair that Remi ruffled, far more used to seeing hair straightened by water-weight than properly curly manes. It wasn't enough of a distraction to keep him from blinking, long and slow, at the revelation of the man's aquatic shape, and Hadama cleared his throat in a low rumble of not-quite-nervousness. Ah... how large of a kraken? His mental voice was slower as he digested this information, and his tail lashed the water with more force.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
No. The first time we need to be together. Just one small touch and I can enter your dreams. After that I can be anywhere, and find you. Remi explains. I can travel through dreams too. He adds with a small shrug. The bit about always being naked when he did so probably didn't need to be mentioned just now.

Smiling slowly and perhaps a touch bashfully, Remi closes one eye and glances towards the horizon again as if trying to find an appropriate way to answer. Errr, regular size? He says after a moment, grinning. Which is to say quite large. Larger than most of the ships in the harbour. Crinkling his nose as if this was something to be embarrassed by, Remi exhales slowly and holds out his palm which has grown rubbery and covered in suckers.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Is it a magic that can be taught? He tried to keep the wistfulness out of his mental voice at the thought of being able to traverse the world of sea and land alike so easily.

He had to brace against an incoming wave that came up higher than the others, and for a moment was distracted as he considered what a 'regular size kraken' might entail.

I have never seen a kraken... I never thought I would want to, he admitted, quiet amusement humming low in the bond. But I think I would like to see your shift, someday. He pushed himself up higher on his arms to get a better look at Remi's hand curiously. It helps to know that you are a friendly kraken. Green eyes twinkled as he relaxed back into the water again. And it might be easier than trying to fall asleep in the surf. Unless we met at the Miana Pool? A calm enough place for mer and human alike to try and catch a nap.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
I suppose in a way? Remi replies, though the bashful slant of his smile suggests there is more to come. By Ludo though, not by me.

Remi's fingers fuse together as his outstretched hand verges on becoming a proper tentacle, if only so that the mermanta needn't strain so far to see it. Most of the time I am. He says rather carelessly, before realizing that, no...actually, that was not true at all. Most of the time he was a rather murderous and stubborn thing; something about Hadama had lulled him into the strangest sense of ease. Or...at least when unprovoked. Remi quickly adds, feeling suddenly quite ashamed of himself for some hard-to-parse reason.

The pool would work well for me, if it is easy for you to reach?
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama's interest in the dreamwalker magic faded to rueful acceptance at this rather important information on its source as he considered the implications of a god's attention. Remi's scars had not gone unnoticed, and the mermanta's gaze dropped to the missing fingers thoughtfully.

The change from hand to tentacle provided a window into what the full shift might look like, and Hadama took curious note of the differences and similarities between the octopods he was more familiar with and the kraken that Remi could become. Green eyes lifted in a questioning glance at the sudden caveat, but he only gave a slow nod, either of acknowledgment or understanding.

Easiest at high tide, he agreed, some of the amusement back in his eyes. Less comfortable at other times, but not impossible. I have a wishstone I have been meaning to bring to the L'ma anyways.

He looked up to the first twinkling stars beginning to glow through the fading light. Do you still need to travel to Ghilio tonight? The question held a faint note of concern for the many unknown dangers of the dry lands.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
At high tide then. Maybe….the next full moon should only be a few days away? Glancing at the sky, Remi squints, letting this statement flit between other things he knew to be true, to see if it fit. He thought it did, but then, with all going on in the world as of late, he’d hardly been paying attention to the passing of time.

I do. I am not sure how seriously the others will take the task of bringing water, so I would like to see him have what he needs sooner rather than later. The alchemist says, pulling back his hand and letting it smoothly return to normal. I will make sure to let him know of our assistance, and that this water comes all the water from the ocean. Unless he hates it, in which case I will leave your name out of it. This latter sentiment is said with a crooked smile and mental chuckle.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
I will look forward to it, Hadama agreed to the suggestion of meeting time with a contented nod. He followed Remi's gaze up curiously, considering the rising moon and it's bright luster against the darkening sky.

His attention was brought back to the scarred man with the question of travel, and he settled more comfortably farther back into the water as Remi reclaimed his human digits from the kraken's tentacle. If he does not like saltwater, I do not think he would like mermaids, either. I will trust your judgment. The manta's understated humor was a warm velvet burr through the link next to Remi's chuckle. I will see you again at the full moon, then. Straight currents carry you safely to your destination, Remi.

Hadama inclined his head in farewell and then pushed himself deeper into the surf, mer-shape melting into the manta's flattened body to traverse the shallows until he was comfortably back in deeper water again.

~Fin~

(as in, fish fin, get it? ;D )