let it move through you
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
"Make sure to hold on tight." Remi warns, though there's no real need for it. This isn't Enzo's first ride on his father as a manticore, though it will be his longest. Still, there is no time that the alchemist is more protective than he is when it comes to his children. Sailing through the skies towards the jewel-toned jungle, it occurs to Remi that he should probably find some sort of ring like the one he used to have with Ronin, that would allow his children to hear him while he was shifted. Strange that none of them were attuned; then again, perhaps it wasn't strange at all.

The jungle spreads like wildfire beneath them, but it's the strange and cavernous undergrove that Remi has his sights on. Landing lightly and waiting for his son to dismount, Remi shifts back into his body with a crimson flush of adrenaline on his cheeks and a sparkle in his eyes. 'How was that? Not too stiff, I hope.'
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Enzo

“Aye aye!” Enzo crows as his soil-stained fingers sink into Remi’s thick mane to get a good grip, ready for the initial unsteadying lurch of liftoff. It might come as a surprise that flying on a manticore can be boring, but since his dad won’t do loop-de-loops (often) and the journey is relatively long, it’s easier to lay his torso down and curl his arms around the giant’s neck to doze slightly as they fly. Remi had already nixed the idea of doing anything fun with his hands while they fly that might otherwise absorb his attention.

Luckily the boy is too sprightly to be saddle sore so to speak, sliding off his dad’s shoulder to hit the ground with a bounce. Already staring around with a ravenous curiosity at the foliage around them. “Nah, all good!” he distractedly responds before turning and grinning up at Remi, foxlike slant to his eyes. “So what are we doin’?”
you are young and life is long
and there is time to be killed today
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Enzo's mischief was infectious, such that the alchemist found himself grinning wolfishly at his son's side before nosing towards the jungle. "We are here for a sapling. Any kind will do." Remi explains, parting some of the nastier brambles overhead that prevent their progress. Hanging vines slither down from on high, tickling Enzo's ears while subtly trying to loop themselves around his neck. It's with narrowed eyes that Remi cuts these vines away with his claws, allowing the more peaceful flora to remain.

"Do you remember when I explained to you that there is only one way for me to really die? And that any other time, I will always come back?" Speaking slightly louder that he might be heard over the birdsong that sweeps through the trees, Remi continues. "I have asked Ludo to make me a very special sort of hourglass, so that if I ever do temporarily die, you will be able to see how long until I am back." Grinning, he adds: "That way you can make sure to have a sandwich ready for me. I am sure I will be hungry." Was speaking about death the sort of thing that should be so casually done, especially between a father and his young son? Likely not, but then, as the child of one of Ludo's chosen, much of this was already commonplace among Taliesins and Kaliesins alike.
THE ALCHEMIST
Enzo Kaliesin

Age: 21 | Height: | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Enzo

Spitting image aside, the two of them share the same impish grin, and Enzo’s chest swells like a proud bird. They may not live together, and time spent may be sporadic, but Enzo is determined to make the most of it. “Kind of a bad time of year,” he muses, ever the studious pupil beneath Vai. “But we can find one!” If it’s a bigger sapling, well, that sounds distinctly like a problem for his dad, not Enzo.

Oblivious or single-minded, Enzo doesn’t notice the vines creeping a little too close to his nape, busy stifling giggles as they tickle at his ears and pull on his curls. Tripping gainfully here and there without pause, he lends one such ear to his father’s explanation. Eyes too busy hunting. “If you die and make me wait, why should you get the sandwich and not me since I was patient?” he quips, unbothered by talk of death. He’s not unaware of the differences - permanent and impermanent - so it’s easier to be blasé about the latter. That, and he is quite enchanted by the natural process of death, the cycle of life down to the smallest atom.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Swatting away the hanging vines (and even a few snakes), the pair are able to move with relative ease from the undergrowth. That might have something to do with the predatory pheromones that the alchemist no doubt gave off, but so long as Enzo was safe and their progress uninhibited, Remi didn't really care about the reason. "Oh ye of little faith." Remi chuckles, but of course his son isn't wrong. Had Ghilio been farther along and not so exhausted they might have been able to ask the god for help, but as it was the alchemist thought they'd be able to find new life budding in the undergrove even as the year wound down to a close.

Rolling his eyes and wordlessly appreciating the way Enzo had risen effortlessly to every occasion (even those he probably should have been sheltered from as a boy of only 9), Remi grins. "Well, if I have to make my own sandwich, you might have to be patient even longer if I die again from starvation." The alchemist counters, tilting his head to the side and raising his eyebrows in a gotcha expression.
THE ALCHEMIST
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo

Enzo is not nearly as interested in animals as he is sentient plants, and he has to keep his hands glued to his sides to prevent himself from wandering and touching all the new, exciting things around them. The Greatwood is little more than an expansive playground with his dad’s constant looming presence, but even the Wilds are the same when his dad is present. A dangerous habit to form, but Enzo wouldn’t know it.

For a brief moment the boy’s dark brows furrowed in consternation, only to brighten with a mischievous glance over his shoulder. “Except you wouldn’t because you just said you can only die one way,” he refutes with a gloating air, curly head bouncing triumphantly. “There’s new-growth there,” he points out in perfect parrot mimicry of the lessons Vai teaches and the words she uses, arm brandished like a child’s pointed sword dictating their next destination. “If you die though, can I have your terrarium? Just ‘till you’re back.” Doe-eyed innocence is not nearly so convincing on the foxlike boys face compared to Flora, but he gives a good go of imitating his twin.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I meant fake die." Remi corrects, but he supposes his son has got him there, so it's with a defeated roll of his eyes that he nods. Let no one ever say that Remi's influence on a child of Hotaru's had made them any less clever.

'Ah! Good eyes.' Following where Enzo had pointed, the alchemist kneels down to part the reaching vines that stretch towards the pair. Glancing over his shoulder, that Remi knows Enzo is trying to pull his heartstrings doesn't stop him from actually doing it. "Right now I think Mateo is trying to grow vampire gourds in it." He mumbles, turning back to the undergrove. Spreading his fingers Remi tries to dig out the roots of the sapling so that they could bring it back to Ludo in its entirety. "Has he shown you what he has grown yet?"
THE ALCHEMIST
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo

“The truth is revealed,” Enzo crows beneath his breath with a little dramatic evil laugh. “I’ll make you a sandwich ‘cuz I love you though. But only for that. Otherwise it’ll be ‘rewarding bad behavior’.” The loftiness of the last words makes it clear hes quoting someone, but who is a mystery (it’s a 50/50 between Hotaru or Vai).

It’s a lucky thing Enzo is busy trying to get in on the fun before Remi unearths the sapling entirely on his own, because it hides the way he bites his lip and his expression melts. “Oh…no. That’s cool though.” He loves Mateo, as much as he can with how infrequently they see each other, but the easy companionship between Mateo and Flora has always seemed out of reach for Enzo. So of course it makes sense Mateo is using their father’s creations before him, and that he’s similarly interested in the earth and its bounties. It’s fine. It’s totally fine. Enzo uses his precious trowel from Vai and stabs at the earth, and focuses on not being upset, because that would just be stupid.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Scoffing at his son's nerve, (but in fact, rather adoring him for it), Remi pretends to look offended and haughty for a moment before nudging Enzo affectionately. "Well, whatever the reason is, I will appreciate the sandwich very much."

It doesn't take his magical sense of touch to realize the sudden change in his son. With no sassy quips or exaggerated suggestions as the boy would normally have, Remi would have to be a special sort of idiot to be ignorant of the tears and rifts in his little family. 'Hey,' Gently said, Remi ignores the sapling for a moment that he might give Enzo his full attention. "I know things are strange. And I know it is not easy for you or your sister." Or your mother, he wants to add, but that might muddy the waters. "But you were never going to have a normal life. Not with me as your father." Remi says with a tentative smile, peering beneath his curls down into his son's face, a face that looks splendidly like his own.
THE ALCHEMIST
Enzo Kaliesin

Change author:
Enzo

Remi's dramatics are fuel to the fire, making the boy grin until dimples pop in his cheeks. It's a short-lived harmony, though Remi has too keen an eye to let Enzo mull over his feelings in silence. Probably for the best. Unlike his siblings, Enzo thinks he'd go crazy in solitude.

Forgiveness is a little too easy for him, and maybe in the future the world will beat him jaded and cynical into a proper reflection of his father. But right now, looking up through matching curls, Enzo believes enough in love to be forgiving of the difficulties of being a perfect parent. Gnawing his lip a little as he thinks, giving Remi's words due consideration as he's been taught, Enzo scrubs a hand across his cheek - leaving a streak of soil - and nods bouncily. "You're not makin' me want to give you that sandwich," he decides on, smile smaller but no less sincere as he uses their prior topic to signal forgiveness. "Besides, I think I have the coolest dad, so that makes up for the hard bits." After all Paige lost her parents, and Enzo can't imagine how hard that must be.

"Think it's almost ready?" he redirects, as easy as the tide. Poking around at the revealed roots with his treasured trowel.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
For all Remi's strength, the heaviness in his heart was momentarily too much to bear, and it was with a stiff inhale that the alchemist reaches for his son to pull him close. "I love you." He says gently, trying not to let the pounding of his heart tug down the moment too much, before pressing a kiss to the top of Enzo's mess of curls.

Straightening, Remi glances at the withdrawn roots and gives a nod. "If it is good enough for you, it should be good enough for Ludo." He agrees with an easy laugh. Handing the plant to his son that he might hold it on the ride back, Remi retreats a step or two to give himself room to shift. Lowering his head for Enzo to climb aboard, the pair slip seamlessly into one of the thermals high above and make their way back home.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST