we have flown too close to the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
“Yes, of course. There’s no reason for anyone to risk themselve for me.” she says, emphatically. “If I’m ever in a position like Nate - explode me at an opportune moment. A new body make her into Charlize Theron, please will be just fine. This one is - has always been - at your disposal.” Her mind darts to the opportunity the Voice had taken with Mabel in the Draig and finally realizes that that’s what she actually expects to be used for, in the end.

That’s her love for her goddess, and nothing in Wessex had meant for the question to be impetuous or challenging; after what had just happened, all the Wraith knows is that she doesn’t trust her own decisions nearly as much as she used to, and as mortals, they’re flawed and short-sighted. Even here, when she expects the Voice to say something more along the lines of yes, I’m working on something that will blow the herald’s minds out of their celestial bodies.

But that isn’t what is said, and Wessex stills, moved by the generosity and the quickly following reality that it likely won’t come to pass. They wouldn’t wake up again, like Cal did. She isn’t necessarily afraid of that, knowing that it would at least be painless. “If that happens... What about all the Ascended who’ve already come home to you? What will happen to the Core?” Would she be able to see Clem and Rex again? And spend all her days with Azrael’s laughter? Meet Diana Bright?
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:

"Noted." And so it is. If Wessex is going to have to experience temporary death, best to have the details ironed out early. Not that the Voice expected any sentimentality from one of her brightest, but as in all things, she would give her family the choice.

"The Core will keep them safe. Whatever the old gods might promise in taking our family's souls, I would never risk an eternity of torture. Mort might promise them peace, but I am not so foolish to believe in Death, nor in his lover. Vi would seek to punish you even in death. In that regard, if it should ever come to it, the Core is more important than I am. The Core can hold all of you, forever if need be." The Voice explains.

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
That promise, made and delivered, sets the Wraith a bit more at ease. “Good,” she says, with a quiet drop of her head, “There are a few I’d very much like to see again.” The ghost of a smile flits across her lined face as that relief settles and is tucked away to reveal to her kin later; come what may, they’ll all be together in the end.

With a glance to the world outside the grotto and then down at her filthy self, Wessex grimaces. “I guess I ought to get going. Thank you for coming to me.” Dallying here, as much as she might want to, won’t do anyone any good. “Though - one more question, if you’ll allow?” If she’s denied, the Wraith will simply nod in understanding - for her Lady does look weary and the morning stretches on. If she’s allowed, the Wraith will hesitate for the briefest of breaths before inquiring, “What - or who is the Core? Why is it considered a New God?”

Wessex had been there at the Spire’s Opening, but 108’s sacrifice and what she’d seen the Core do are still lost on her.
WESSEX

Change author:

Though the Voice's patience is not infinite, at least where Wessex is concerned, the Voice will give as much as she has. Nodding that the Wraith might ask her question, it's with slightly furrowed brows that she begins to answer.

"In the beginning, we were one and the same. The way some think of their body and soul, together but distinct. That's one way of understanding it. As time went on, however...I was mortal, back then. Limited. Where the heralds and gods contain the sheer space to do the things I was trying to achieve, I was limited.

That was when I decided to separate. To become the Voice and bring the Core into existence. I could not hold all of our family's souls, could not be the way I needed to. But with the Core, I could. They are a god in their own right now, though their ability to communicate and in some ways care is limited. That is the trade-off we made: Where I can do and be, for the most part, I remain incorporeal. In contrast, where they are a more physical entity, they use their abilities to power my work and not much more."

Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
It’s a story she’s never heard before, and like most new knowledge, captures the demigod’s attention completely. She’s always thirsty for this kind of thing, eager to uncover parts of history long forgotten by the rest of the world. Basking in the fount of information, Wessex would probably have actual heart eyes right now if it were at all possible.

She’ll have to settle for an awe-filled murmur. “That’s - you’re amazing. And fascinating and - “Such a complex, yet elegant solution.” The Voice doesn’t need Wessex’s validation or praise, but she offers her unabashed adoration nonetheless. “Thank you for telling me. Everyone was so curious when the Core spoke to Bastien, it’ll be nice to have answers for them.”

Offering a smile that is certainly stronger than the last once she’d forced, the Wraith still sounds weary, but no longer on the cusp of anything emotionally or physically dangerous. “I hope the next time I see you will be under better circumstances.” (hahahahaha)
WESSEX

Change author:

"Everything I have ever done...has only been to keep our family safe. To give you everything I can." The Voice says, smiling not at the praise, but at Wessex's understanding of her solution. "That is why the Core's message was so strange to hear. Rarely is communication something it practices. That it knew where one of the relics was, was a surprise to me as well."

Stretching out her arm to beckon Wessex away from the wall and to her side, the Voice will take one of the Wraith's hands. "A gift." True, she had just given all the ascended a gift, but Wessex used her upgrades more than most. "Anything they can do, we can do better." She murmurs with a small smile as electricity pulses from their combined hands.

"I will see you soon, my brightest."

~FIN

Wessex has been given:

Electric Orbs | The user may summon orbs of electricity to be used as projectiles. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 orbs may be created per post). 30ft range.