wonder what's next
Remi
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
if there's one thing i'm good at, it's surviving
"You say an awful lot when you don't say anything at all," Ronin informs his husband, his smile audible as he shifts to press a kiss against the crown of Remi's head. "I'd welcome your thoughts on the matter. Believe it or not, but I can still decide to do things my way even taking your opinion into account. And I'd welcome someone to talk to about it." Another kiss, another affectionate stroke of fingers, and Ronin sinks back into the couch again.

"Mm, perhaps we could arrange a trade," Ronin supposes. "And I happen to have an Ascended demigod on ice, should that sort of fluid be needed as well." He tries to wiggle his legs to escape Remi's cold toes, chuckling into the cushions and hugging him closer rather than pushing him away.

"Abandoned," he confirms. "It's baby steps, at first. I don't plan to make it so that they can just swan in. I was thinking perhaps the enchantment could be downgraded, prohibiting magic from working without... you know. Turning the caster to fucking stone."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
right now everything you want is wrong
& right now all your dreams are waking up
'I am going to interpret that as a compliment.' Remi says on the end of a sigh, trying not to think about all the wonderful ways their bodies pressed together so as to focus on more (not important), but current matters. "Getting skyboats over the mountains is going to take some doing. From what I have seen the current ones are not going to be capable of it. It is like taking a rowboat out into the open sea. That altitude and weather...you will need something stronger."

With a thoughtful bob of his eyebrows, it occurs to Remi just then that it might due to be proactive, no matter how horrible the thought was. "And even if it is not required...having ascended demigod fluid might be beneficial." Not deterred in the slightly, Remi pretends to be trying to force his toes against Ronin's as if wanting to hold hands with their feet. He doesn't, but making Ronin squirm never ceases to put a smile on his face.

"Oh I see." Without a free hand to use to rub his eyes, Remi is forced to nuzzle his face against Ronin's chest to do the work for him. "I suppose with all the tension in the world, Stormbreak could probably put aside their grievances with the abandoned for now, anyway."
The Lullaby
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
"A very wise decision," Ronin says, grinning even as he tries to start a fight with Remi's feet to stop them from invading his precious toe space. This impromptu wrestling match is more than likely to end up working its way up the length of their bodies (and thus will end their political discussion) but for now it's a minor matter. "Mm, perhaps we will have to build a new sort of ship to withstand the altitude and the weather," he says slowly. "If only I knew a clever man with a brilliant mind who has build a skyship before..."

Nodding gentle agreement, Ronin resolves to go and get some of said fluid from Nate's body before long, understanding just how quickly things can change from the way the Tower stood tall in the city not a week previously. "And if the enchantment numbs magic, there would be no way to tell who was Abandoned and who wasn't. People who need to judge each other based on - gasp - their qualities and personalities." Insanity, he knows. "Besides, I thought it would be good to have somewhere people could take shelter if they need to, without having the burden be entirely on the Greatwood."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Having successfully baited his husband into a toe-battle, Remi engages his secret weapon, which is of course turning his feet into tentacles to slorp against Ronin's. "If only. That would be very convenient for you." Remi agrees humbly, ignoring the pops! from beneath the covers as he mercilessly grabs and releases Ronin's skin with his suckers.

'Qualities and personalities? Gods, what a thought." Whatever snark is on his lips is instantly doused by the Huntsman's next point, to which Remi appreciatively nods. "I was going to ask Ludo about that, when I saw it next. Originally the Greatwood was supposed to provide an offence given how close to the Grounds we are, but now I wonder, especially with our new barrier against the ascended, if we should not act as a haven." Remi's tone would suggest more than enough about what he thought of this idea, but ultimately it would be up to Ludo to approve or decline.

"As a haven Stormbreak does make sense. It is far enough away physically that it should not be affected by what is going on. You know, unless someone lends every single ascended a dragon shift..." That was one thing they hadn't talked about yet. 'I am not so sure Sunjata should be invited to anymore of our demigod meetings. He has clearly made his alliance known."
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"Remi!" Naturally, Ronin gives his husband the reaction he's looking for, and amid the pop!s of the suckers against his feet, the Huntsman squirms and tries to free at least one of his legs, though he's compounded by the fact that he also wants to stay as close to Remi as possible. "Whyyyy," he complains, not sounding at all annoyed about it.

Still grumbling and trying to get as comfortable as possible while pretty much half hanging off the couch, Ronin sighs and rests his cheek against the alchemist's curls. "I can see the benefit of it, though I don't know if Ludo will feel the same. It has been quite volatile towards the Ascended in the past, hasn't it? More than any other herald..." Either way, the Huntsman does give a nod of agreement about Stormbreak, though he stiffens in Remi's arms as they broach the Sunjata situation.

"You're probably right," he mutters. "...I know I ought to hand over Nate's body, if he comes asking for it. That's the best thing to do for everyone, but I just..." He sighs out his frustration, pressing his eyes shut. "I'm feeling very petty about it."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Ronin,' Remi counters, his voice shockingly sweet despite the violence imparted by his feet. Unable to give his husband the room he both does and doesn't crave lest he falls off the couch, the alchemist is forced to hold the Huntsman close. "Why what?" Pressing a kiss against one of Ronin's collarbones, Remi rubs an entirely human foot against his husband's ankle as if to suggest that nothing had ever been amiss.

Pettiness was certainly an emotion Remi understood well, and though the pulse of Ronin's emotions was dark and shimmered with a colour like dried blood, the alchemist was more than skilled enough to incorporate the colour into the palette of his own emotions. "Maybe...." Suddenly realizing something, Remi lifts himself off the couch just enough to peer into Ronin's eyes. "...maybe this is how we get the knowtbook back." Using Nate's body as a bargaining chip might have been a disgusting thought, but surely it was no worse than the things Wessex had done. The things Sunjata had done. The things that both Remi and Ronin had done.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Ronin doesn't have an answer for that, of course, and so as Remi so sweetly holds himself close and harrasses him further with his (human, at least) feet, the Huntsman accepts it with some good natured grumbling. "For all of my complaints, never stop being this way," he mutters, his smile hidden by the way he's nuzzled his face into Remi's crown of curls.

Indeed, even as the alchemist gets his spark of an idea and lifts himself up off the couch, Ronin is already leaning in to steal a kiss and stop him from speaking for a few moments. "Mm?" He draws back to listen at last, raising an eyebrow at the proposition. "You are a very, very clever man," he all but purrs, his arms wrapping around Remi more tightly.

"The knowtbook and a ceasefire," he says. "We don't attack the Grounds, they don't attack Stormbreak. At least then we've got the basis to move forward."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Despite Remi's immediate and boyish huff of laughter, what followed his amusement was a quiet and deep sense of belonging and the utter perfection that comes from being loved in just the right sort of way. "I will remind you that you said that." The alchemist hums wickedly, and had lions the ability to purr, he absolutely would have been.

Lips captured (and happily Remi obliges), it's with flushed cheeks and a want for more that the alchemist eventually peers at Ronin. Sinking into his husband's arms, he presses his lips against the flat expanse of chest that eventually led into (what appeared from his vantage point) to be a mess of black scribbles. "A ceasefire...and then a barrier that they do not know about. Let them find out the hard way what happens if they break the truce." Remi suggests darkly, even as he flutters kisses sweetly across Ronin's skin.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"I will insist on it," Ronin informs his husband, regarding being reminded. "I have been getting quite forgetful in my old age, so I'll need you to tell me quite often. With kisses," he adds, before he's sinking into one such kiss, letting warm fingers draw gentle lines down the length of Remi's back. When they part at last and the other man turns his attention to Ronin's neck and chest, the Huntsman relaxes back into the couch.

And a very dark smile curls across his face at the suggestion, Ronin nodding. "Great minds think alike. I was actually going to go to the Celestine in a couple of days to ask about something like that," he says. "So do I wait for them to touch base with us, or shall I be the one to open negotiations?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I would first take what might be needed from Nate..." Remi says, nearly in a whisper despite the two men being the only ones in the house. "Just in case." In case of what, even the alchemist wasn't entirely sure. Distracted quite thoroughly by the nearness of the Huntsman, it was with a good deal of mental shaking that Remi forced himself to consider the question more carefully. "Is there anything we haven't thought of? Anything they have of ours that we might have overlooked?"

Stilling his lips against Ronin's chest, Remi pulls himself up slightly again as his eyes narrow. "What if they ask for more, to balance the scales. How far are we willing to go to get the knowtbook back?" Raising a brow he tries to ignore the way this new posture is pressing his hips farther against Ronin's. "Would we trade...knowledge? a person? a relic?"
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
Their whispering makes it sound like something secret, something clandestine and wicked, and Ronin can't stop the predatory grin on his face despite himself. "Gods, you're attractive when you're being brilliant," he remarks, his fingers teasing through the back of Remi's curls. Is there anything they haven't thought of? Probably. They can't possibly cater for every outcome, and the world is chaotic at best.

"I won't be trading knowledge, or people, or a relic," he says simply. "I imagine they will want Nate more than we want that knowtbook. And if they take issue with that, then they are welcome to try and stand against Stormbreak again. I'll make sure I bring three of my friends along this time, though. Make sure it's fair, you know?" Does he sound a little bloodthirsty? A little smug?

Maybe. So sue him.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Whereas you are attractive all the time." Remi counters, unable to help the way that Ronin's primal delight has feathers trickling from the base of his neck down between his shoulder blades. It has him wanting to dig his talons against something soft, or to tear into something which might squeal.

"They might, but Wessex?" Remi clucks a single time as he gives his head a half shake. "From what you described, she all but abandoned Nate." The Wraith should be an impossible shield, able to withstand even more than Remi, and yet in every encounter, she had never done anything but run. "Three? Why not just one. No need to come across as intimidating, mmmm?"

Nearly undone by the pulses of frenetic cunning and charisma that seemed to arc from Ronin's skin like small thunderstorms, the alchemist shivers slightly, making no attempt whatsoever to steel himself against the influx of his husband's emotions. "Just name the place, and I will be there."

But not with bells on, oh no.
The Lullaby
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
"And you are brilliant all the time," Ronin counters, smiling wolfishly and letting his fingers smooth through the feathers he can feel sprouting at the base of Remi's neck. He has to resist the urge to tug at them even ever so slightly, knowing it would only tempt further violence (but is that such a bad thing?) Mention of Wessex has the Huntsman grumbling, his blue eyes seeming darker as he tries to burrow deeper into the couch somehow.

"Wessex, a gang of four Ascended, the whole damn race... Doesn't matter. I'll still bring my favourite person - so as not to be intimidating, of course - and tell them to get off Stormbreak's lawn." His smile is tipped with fangs, now, just a little, and he leans in to nuzzle aaginst the line of Remi's jaw, his hands sneaking beneath his shirt. "Not that I want to ruin the mood, but... you know this might mean confronting Isla, right?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Another thing I will be reminding you of." The alchemist agrees, shifting to enable his husband's intentional sinking, only to let himself sag that he might partially cover the Huntsman with his body. Closing his eyes to better appreciate the spread of his husband's fingers through his feathers, Remi sighs luxuriously, basking in the moment before it all goes a bit tits up.

'Why would that ruin the mood?' He wonders with intentional ignorance, bracing himself against the way the mere thought of a confrontation with Isla has him wanting to snarl and laugh. "Duchess though she might once have been, I am sure you can talk circles around her. And if not..." He shrugs, though the carelessness of this gesture is ruined not only by the clenching of his jaw, but by the way his entire body has stiffened. "...we are the stronger side, and hold all of the cards."
The Lullaby