(o) as above, so alone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
i think i'm getting too close, i think i'm getting too close //
I don’t think it’s going to help this time.” He admits sadly, drawing up a bit higher, keeping his arm where she can keep hers looped around but he’s sharing his warmth with her as he typically does Nate, the heat rebounding back to him in a somewhat uncomfortable amount. But it’s cold when he draws away, even how little he has, and goosebumps start to rise on his skin from where he’s parted.

It isn’t something they’ve talked about – the fact they’d lovingly created the home in King’s End, the question he’d had for Frey on the tip of his tongue. A sanctuary to keep life going after the war, a place where he and Nate might be able to thrive – like the Ark amongst the Floods. So he takes a deep breath, rolling his other shoulder in a small shrug. “We haven’t talked about it. I’m staying, though, until he’s back.” He admits. There’s nothing for him being cooped up alone in King’s End with the twins. And besides, it would be a good experience for the children.

I was working on getting a little… Teleport thing. For Nate and I with Frey. It would take us here whenever.” To the Room, of course, but that was still within the Grounds. An instant teleport from wherever to the door of that room.
it's hard to get to heaven with my head in my hands
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

"Some things you just have to ride out, I guess," Isla agrees with a gentle nod, sitting up as well and keeping her arm loosely threaded through his own, though she thinks the worst might have passed, at least, for the time being. Tilting her head back against the stone, the medic gazes up at the stars and frowns, wondering if Safrin spits at them when she sees the Hollowed Grounds from her cosmos.

"I'm glad to hear that," she murmurs. "That you're staying, I mean. It might be good to keep busy, and you've got friends here, whether or not you believe it." Smiling softly, Isla shifts to gaze up at him. "And for the record I can always use an extra pair of hands at the infirmary."

The teleporter has her interested, too, Isla tilting her head. "Frey seems a lot more inclined to help you two," she remarks. "I'm glad to hear it."
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
// the edge is getting closer, it's a long spiral down. it's so fun to fly 'til you hit the ground
And that he does. He needs to sit on it, let it work its way out, needs to deal with it rather than masking it, because lately the masking has only made it hundreds of times worse after. So he hums a quiet agreement, settling his breathing as he focuses on the conversation instead of his internal nightmare – sure that he won’t sleep well tonight regardless, given that the nightmares will come back, given that they might change to adjust to Nate’s face this time instead.

I know I do.” He says quietly, working his jaw for a second before he relaxes it – before Isla has a chance to comment on it. “You and the Ascended have always been accommodating to me.” He murmurs softly, swallowing harder before he shakes his head, moves to grab her hand as he pushes himself up, collecting the bottle as he sways and regains his balance. “They are. It’s… A relief. And all I gotta do to get the teleporter is sleep with a couple more people.” Should be easy, right? Especially given his typical coping mechanisms? “It was supposed to be a birthday gift for Nate, but I guess it’ll be a nice gift when he gets back, huh?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

He knows her too well; Isla is just opening her mouth to chastise him on the bad habit when he stops, and she hides a smile as he grabs her hand. She's not sure whether they're getting up together, whether he's trying to help her or if she's expected to be the one helping, but regardless as he sways a bit, Isla is on hand to steady him. "We are accommodating to most people, funnily enough. Strange how the world still seems to make us out to be the villains," she murmurs.

Unsure where they're going, but happy to walk nonetheless, Isla holds out a hand as if to offer to take the bottle for him. She'll empty it, of course, but at least the temptation won't be there any more. "I'm sorry, did you say sleep with people?" She blinks up at him. "I... well. A birthday gift crossed with a happy-wakeup-day gift? I think he'll be thrilled regardless."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Just because you’re different doesn’t mean you’re bad.” He mumbles. He can see it. He has seen it. After all, his closest friends were Ascended now. His husband was. Sunjata was the one on the other side of it, trying to make people see the middle ground between them. Only it seemed as though nobody wanted to look anymore. It’s just another daunting task he has that he swallows hard against. Files away for later from his drunken mind.

At least, to focus on something else. He doesn’t really know where they’re going either, yet, but he does hand her the bottle so that she can get rid of it, before he stuffs his hand into his pocket and stares down the dirt path back toward the edge of civilization. “I did, yeah.” He tilts his head down to look at her, wondering where the surprise sits. He’s a demigod of Frey, it only made sense, didn’t it? “Two out of four.” He refrains from mentioning how many times he’s slept with his deity, figuring that doesn’t need to be counted in with his promiscuity as of late.

But he nods, imagining that it would be a good gift for him. Provided he has a grasp on how this works. Perhaps it’s worth meeting with the Voice to ask, alongside all the other things he has to ask about.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"That's very kind of you to say. We're not saints either, though. Just people," Isla says with a wink, accepting the bottle and carefully pouring out the remainder of the booze as they walk. Once it's empty she leaves it tucked safely in one of the alcoves along the Bone Bridge, straightening up to walk with Sunjata again. Now that they're standing she has to actually make an effort to look up at him, tilting her head a bit as she realises he's serious.

"Halfway there," she remarks. "At least Frey is fair when it comes to your quests. I'll see if I can find you any willing candidates. I don't imagine it will be too difficult." Even scarred and broody, Sunjata is striking, and anyone with eyes will be able to see it. "Perhaps I'll put a wanted ad for you on the notice board."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
And so were those on the other side, the Old Gods weren’t saints themselves – and to expect the Ascended to be held to such a high standard was bullshit in Sunjata’s opinion. He still hums his agreement though, and waits until she’s done emptying and putting the bottle away, before he starts walking again, catching her gaze as she realizes that he’s serious – but there was nothing of his composure to suggest that he’s not.

What she says next though has him coming to a stumbling stop, lips pursing slightly as he squints down at her. “Ouch.” He mumbles, reaching up with his freehand to rub at his chest above his heart. “Hurts my ego to think about.” He manages a small tease, the twitch of the corner of his scarred side of his face in a small smile. “It used to be easier. Maybe it’ll get easy again.” He shrugs his shoulder, looking away from her and down the path again at the lights in the distance. “It’s how I always used to cope before. Guess I have a reason to start up again.” Lay on the charm, bury himself in a combination of people and liquor to push the sadness away.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

Listen, OK, he's also steaming drunk, so it's not like Isla has much of a benchmark of seriousness to work with here. Still, as he stumbles to a halt beside her and she glances back at him, she can't help but chuckle, holding up her hands in placation. "Hey, I wasn't trying to insult you!" she says. "It's just that with you being married. To Nate... well, people know. They might not be so quick to show their interest like they used to be."

Ushering him forward again as they head towards the distant Sanctuary lights, Isla's smile fades by degrees. "It's a helluva coping mechanism," she agrees with a soft sigh, resting her hands in her coat pockets. "Could I offer you some strong coffee and a game of cards instead? I'm sure Cal will be awake as well to make the most of it. We don't sleep much, as you can imagine."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
This does draw a small snort from Sunjata, a shrug of his shoulders. “Don’t think that matters much. Maeve comes to mind.” He admits, shrugging a shoulder yet again. He’d spent plenty of nights with the Queen of Torchline – one even more recently, directly after the attack. An alibi of sorts. How could he have been involved with the attack when he was with her?

Regardless, he lets her mostly lead him down the path, nodding as her smile fades and his truth comes out, but it doesn’t change how he feels at the moment. It’s an honesty that he shares mostly when in a situation like this, and he’s only been in them the select few as of late. So why not keep up the trend of oversharing when he’s far too drunk to remember it the next day? “For tonight, that sounds nice.” Sunjata murmurs, walking alongside her until they reach that slowly becoming familiar green door.

And once it’s opened and he greets the other man inside, it makes for a relatively comfortable evening, conversation and card games to distract from everything else until he eventually (certainly) passes out on their couch.

- FIN <333
SUNJATA