garbage in, garbage out
Maea
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
She met him halfway, and as he put his arm about her Maea leaned into it, slipped her own arms around his waist and let her forehead settle against Amun's shoulder. Why they kept returning to this, why there was this constant need to touch lately she didn't know, but it helped. It was grounding, a confirmation that he was indeed there, that she was too - not illusions, not memories or tricks of the mind.

He was there. Solid, and real.

"We can make a happy party. And we can make a memorial. Doesn't have to be one and the same - though it could be. Two parts - one solemn part to remember the past, then the cheerful bit to celebrate the future. How does that sound?" They could turn it into one week long celebration, if they wanted. Or stick to something smaller and more impromptu, ready to go off as soon as they were done.

Focusing on the experience he told her of, Maea's grip tightened around him. The thought that it might have been real even for a second made her cold with fear.
"I'm glad you're okay, but don't you dare do something so stupid again," she mumbled in a fierce whisper against his shirt. "Damned spirits... sometimes I wish it was possible to prank them back." Stewing on it for a moment, Maea conceded to herself that it would be a difficult thing to accomplish.

"Did you... at least get something out of it? Other than fear of death and trauma, I mean." She looked up, scrutinizing his face to see if there was anything else lurking. Grief, guilt, worries - he didn't have to smile it away. Not with her.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Humming low in his throat (and sort of hoping it rumbled through to her), Amun rested his head against Maea's. Zhanshi flew from the ground to circle their joined figures and the potter reached up a hand to rub against the landshark's side. "Perhaps one during LongNight and one right at the beginning of Flowerbirth?"

Amun's hand moved from his companion to her head. Patting her, the potter snorted. "I think I can safely promise that if a spirit illusions me into thinking I am dying I will not toss myself into a fire again." Shifting so he could meet her gaze, he arched an eyebrow. "But really, it made me think death was unavoidable. I'd rather go out trying to do something than simply sitting around and waiting for the inevitable." He cocked his head to one side.

"Nope!" Shaking his head at her question, he sighed. "Just another fun story for the campfire."
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
"Hm, yes... that's doable." Though it did make her wonder about the pre-existing festivals. "Is no one celebrating Fiat Lux anymore? Or the other festivals... I know it might be off putting for some since they're dedicated to the Old Gods, but..." She bit her lip, considering. It might be difficult to lure people in for more than one party a season. Though part of her wondered if she wasn't making this far more complicated than it had to be. As usual.

Momentarily distracted by the shifting topics, she met her brother's gaze and returned his crooked brow with a mirthless smile. "That's you, alright. Rude, though... it should have awarded you with something, if it was going to put you through a trial in the first place." Fickle spirits.

Then a thought struck her.

"Say, Amun. Why don't we make this into a version of a bonfire night? But with the glowing stones instead, since... you know. Fire. We could encourage people to bring their stories, fun or otherwise. Make sure there's food and drink and such, and music probably... something small and intimate, but still fun." It might give people a chance to actually sit down and talk to one another. "Is that... still a party?"
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Amun shrugged at Maea's questions. Scratching under his chin, he sighed. "I've been away too, remember? Last I checked, though, those festivals were still happening, but they moved around all the time. I have no idea if or when they'd be hosted by the Hollowed Ground again." Glancing over at her, he gave her shoulders a little squeeze.

"I lived to tell the tale of the annoying fire snake that lives in the Eye of Fire. What more could I ask for?" He chuckled and shook his head. Grinning at her suggestion, he bumped her hip with his. "I think that is an excellent idea and more than qualifies as a party." Zhanshi launched from the ground to brush against her side. "He agrees, in case that wasn't clear." Laughing, the potter held out his fingers for the landshark to nibble on.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Mh, I do keep forgetting that. It's usually only me who's out of the loop. How refreshing - you don't actually know everything about everything." Poking him in the side she wore a smug little smile, like she'd somehow scored a point there. "Anyway, sounds like we have a plan, now. Can't wait to hear that story of yours... I don't think you've told it to me, yet."

Giving her brother a final squeeze, Maea withdrew and rolled her shoulders, wishing for the deep breaths to actually make a difference. But it did not, and she was left with the usual boring equilibrium. "Weren't you going to practice? If those walls aren't tempting, then you could always try that pile of rubble instead. See if the loose particles make a difference." She nodded towards a jumbled mess in a far corner, where a wall seemed to have collapsed in on itself.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"And yet, you're the one asking me for advice," Amun teased. Reaching up, he booped Maea in the nose. Cocking his head to the side, his eyes narrowed. "What story?"

Sticking out his tongue at her, he meandered over to the pile of debris in question. "Someone was supposed to be keeping me honest in my practice sessions, weren't they?" With that, he activated the upgrade and strolled through it.

Turning around on the other side, he held both arms above his head and a little out and posed. "Ta-da!" Winking, he dropped them as he headed in her direction. "So how far can you teleport, anyway?" He swept his gaze over her body as if he could spot the upgrade that was almost certainly internal.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She snapped at his finger in a poor imitation of Zhanshi, wrinkling her nose at the half-ticklish remembrance of the touch. Sometimes she questioned how much of the numbness she complained about actually came from the fabricated body, and what stemmed from her own mind.
"See it as a sign of my boundless trust in you, brother. I will admit that you usually have more common sense than me. When you're not jumping into fire, at least."

Taking her turn to poke her tongue out at him, she folded her arms across the chest and watched with tilted head as he performed his feat. Worthy of a mummer at a fair, it was. She would have clapped, had her hands not been so busy.

The question made her splay the hands wide, offering herself up for his scrutiny. Indeed there was nothing external to be seen.
"It depends," she replied, and came walking towards him. "I can jump pretty far in one go. Say... from here to the Settlement, or into the Temple. If it requires more precision though, I could go..." She gagued the distance left between herself and Amun, and smiled. Taking another step she vanished -

- and appeared behind him. "About this far." She blew a waft of air into his ear.

What was it... thirty feet or so? Not very far, as distances went.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled as he snatched his finger back. Shaking his head, he pouted at Maea, though his eyes waggled at the same time. "Geez, you jump into one fire and everything suddenly thinks you're a pyro."

As she disappeared his eyes widened. Flinching a bit when her voice rang out behind him, he twisted so he could look over his shoulder at her. "Spooky, scary. Neat trick though. And you don't need precision if all you're trying to do is get away. Wessex must be jealous that she's not our only teleporter anymore." Turning to face her fully, he smiled.

Then it morphed into a fun on smirk. "There is one test I haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure that either of us will like it that much." He winked at her.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
It was a marvel, how flexible his face was. Capable of so much sass at the same time. Maea twisted her own into an expression of very over the top sympathy and pursed her lips into a pout. "Awh, poor you. Always so misunderstood."

Being able to startle him was always a good time. Grinning with genuine pleasure, Maea looked rather pleased with herself as he turned. "I don't know, Wessex never struck me as the jealous type. I doubt she has much to worry about anyway - I can only move myself, no one else." Not yet - and she wasn't exactly keen to beg favors of the Voice. That was a hurdle too big to jump still.

His grin made hers fade, and she braced herself for whatever prank he was about to pull. "Alright... now I'm scared. Go ahead anyway. I think I'd rather not be forewarned if it's that unpleasant." But of course he could try, whatever it was. She would do her best to pick up the pieces if it failed.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Putting his hand over his heart, Amun let out a long sigh. "I know. It's so hard to be me. Thank you for finally recognizing that." He smirked and gave Maea a punch in the upper arm.

"Well, there's a first time for everything. And that's a new task for you: make Wessex jealous." Laughing, he shook his head at the very idea. Settling into a smile, he nodded as she added more limitations to her teleportation. "So you think you can improve the ability?" He arched an eyebrow at her.

When she requested he just go ahead with it, he hesitated for just a moment. Then he took a deep breath and spread his arms. With that, he darted forward and activated his upgrade. His goal was to phase through her, leaving his arms tangible.
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Fairly sure they'd had this particular exchange before, the girl pouted and rubbed her arm. Not that it hurt, but he'd hit her. Sibling abuse. It's what it was. And it seemed he actually might want her dead, since he encouraged her to antagonize Wessex.

"I thought you wanted me to be safe, and alive, and all that," she balked, more than a little daunted by the prospect. "Wessex and I don't exactly get along great. I think I've told you that. Jealousy... is not a great idea." See? Proven again for a second time. She was beginning to question his common sense, at this point.

Distracted, she shrugged. "Not me. The Voice probably could. If I asked, which I won't." There was a very stubborn set to her jaw as she said that.
There was little warning to what came next. Amun simply came speeding towards her, arms outstretched. Maea half mimicked the pose, almost expecting him to wrap her up in a hug - but though she set a foot back and braced for an impact, there was none.

Only a strange, melding sensation that jarred the senses and threw her momentarily off balance. When it was over, an actual shudder passed through her, as the internal systems scrambled for a scan and found absolutely nothing wrong.

Slowly, she turned. Fixing Amun with a very stern look, she raised a threatening finger and stabbed it at him. It only trembled a little bit, from surprise. "If you even think to say anything disgusting here, I will kick you." She knew him. Knew his sense of humor. Not today, master Arlun, sir.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"Nahhhh. She might do a stabby stab, but she wouldn't actually murder you, and since you can teleport she can't even stuff you in a hole." Activating his metal manipulation upgrade, Amun gave himself clawed gauntlets that he waved in the air. Grinning at Maea, he had the metal crawl back into the bracelets and other assorted jewelry he usually wore so it was handy.

Expression softening, he gave her shoulder a squeeze. "Have you actually spoken to her since you came back?" He cocked his head to one side. Zhanshi surfaced to eye Maea as well and the potter chuckled at his companion mimicking Amun's expression. For his trouble, the landshark nibbled on the potter's boots before tunneling away.

Initiating his own scan, he spun to face her, gaze tracking over her for any sign of damage. When she stabbed her finger into his chest, though, he laughed. Tension bleeding out of his shoulders, he batted his eyes at her. "Me? What could I possibly joke about?" Winking, he put his hands on his hips. "I did warn you that you probably wouldn't like it," he pointed out. "That bad, huh?"
AMUN
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Lovely," she drawled, in a tone as dry as Hak Etme. "Nothing to worry about then." She vaguely recalled seeing him do that metal trick before, in the cave. The gauntlets were given a curious look, and she was halfway about to ask him about how he did it, when the hand on her shoulder and the question distracted her. Maea shrugged, a mere lift of the arms before they dropped again. Her gaze veered aside, down towards the landshark. It was growing on her, especially after seeing its bond with Amun. Made her miss her Shii something fierce.

"No. Not really. Not at all, actually - I don't know when we spoke last." Some random run in many years ago - she couldn't even recall the context, or what they had talked about. Only a series of very bored looks and sarcasm. "Not since before I... changed." Would it make a difference? Somehow she doubted it. "I did hear her, sometime. Calling Ascended to do stuff. I never showed up."

Cue phasing and surprises, and she was shaken out of that mood quick enough. Narrowing her eyes at Amun, she shook her head. Exasperated, indeed, but also to deny the claim.
"Not bad at all, actually. It was just a little jarring. I thought you were about to bowl me over. Did you feel anything?" Honestly, the only bad thing she dreaded about it was the potential for crude and terrible jokes.
I'm bleeding out for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Grinning, Amun nodded. Patting his stomach where the Wraith had stabbed him more than once, the potter let out a bark of laughter. "Hey. Wessex has stabbed me multiple times and now we're best friends. Letting her enact violence on you is practically the way to her heart." He gave Maea's shoulder another squeeze.

The grin slipped away as she explained that she hadn't spoken with the General in years. "She's changed and so have you." Amun inclined his head to his sister. "And showing up is really all she asks of us, even if we end up disagreeing with her."

Arching an eyebrow, it was his turn to poke her in the chest. "That goes for the Voice too. I'm certain I know the answer, but why not at least speak with her?" He frowned and shook his head.

Shrugging, he ran a hand down his chest. The results of the scan came back and reported that he was completely unharmed from phasing through her. "Just some tingles, and that might've been in my head."
AMUN