chasing stars
For Safrin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There is a slight chill in the air, but it isn't enough to keep Maeve from making her way up to the cliffs, the bow Remi made for her strapped across her back along with the arrows gifted to her by the demigod. She carries her offering for Safrin carefully, the small bouquet of flowers Edmund made for the goddess resting in the crook of her arms as she mounts the stairs. The Nightshade arranges the flowers first, making sure that the blooms are perfect before lighting a candle and placing the small lidded ceramic pot beside it before stepping back and dipping her head in prayer.

Safrin will find a fitting plum shade of lipstick inside the pot, made from the nightshade berries that grow in the garden of her court, perfectly safe for the goddess to wear. After all, the poison would have no affect on her.

"Good evening, Safrin. I hope you're well. If I could have a moment of your time, I wanted to share a thought or two with you." The queen murmurs, jade eyes lifting towards the stars as she waits with her breath caught in her lungs, unable to shake that ever lingering worry that maybe this time she wouldn't come.
With her sweetened breath, and her tongue so mean
She's the angel of small death and the codeine scene

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
The flowers placed upon the stone seem to stretch and shrug, like some lazy creatures waking up from a nap. The air will grow thick with the smell of lilac and petrichor, as the stone ceiling of the lighthouse begins to twinkle with starlight.

'Share away.' Safrin says, appearing from nothing at all, silent and stunning. Reaching for the lipstick, the goddess regards the colour before raising it to her nose to give it a quick sniff. "Poisonous. I like that." She beams, before turning her full attention back to the madame-turned-queen.
but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Safrin appears and Maeve breathes a sigh at the sight of her. The Nightshade visibly relaxes, letting herself shift into a more comfortable position as she sits on the stone steps of the shrine. Her smile is as bright as the stars made by the goddess herself at the complement of the lipstick. ”Beautiful and deadly. I thought it was fitting.” Maeve murmurs before she gets right to the point.

”I’ve been continuing to expand my skills and grow stronger each season. I’ve been thinking of ways that I can continue to do so and I have a few thoughts on armaments I would like to run by you.” The Nightshade begins, removing the bow she currently has strapped across her back and laying it across her lap. ”My whip is a wonderful weapon and it has served me well, but I would like a bit more distance between myself and my adversaries. The last time I was with Ronin in the desert, I couldn’t help the way I wanted to due to a lack of range.”

Maeve extends the bow to Safrin so she might examine it if she wishes. ”This has been my favored weapon for such things, but it isn’t magical by any means.” Not that it meant less to her because of that. It was very special to her, made perfectly by Remi just for her. ”I was wondering if it would be possible to infuse it with such properties. I’ve seen the stars that Ronin shoots and I thought that might be fitting for my arrows. If you’re in agreement.”

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sweet dreams till sunbeams find you, sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
Tilting her head to the side, Safrin listens carefully to what it is Maeve is asking for. There are many over the years that the goddess has poured her attention into, and perhaps she was too quick in overlooking the Queen early on. She would not make that mistake again.

"A very clever idea indeed. Ronin's stars are too powerful to be contained in arrows, but we can create something fitting just for you, if you're willing to put in the work." Said with a wink and a laugh—Safrin already well knew that Maeve was up for it—she sipped in a small breath while she considered what would be needed. "Find a constellation that speaks to you. The stars look different beneath different skies, so be sure you are not hasty in your decision. Once you have found one, collect both earth and water from that location and bring them to me."

Maeve must:

1. Stargaze in 5 different regions and pick her favourite pairing of location/constellation
2. In a separate thread, collect water and earth from that region
but in your dreams whatever they be, dream a little dream of me
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"I figured as much, but they are the inspiration." Maeve huffs a soft laugh, easily paying the compliment to the demigod and by extension the goddess. Ronin wouldn't have his starbolts if it wasn't for Safrin. At the mention of putting in the work, the Nightshade dips her head into a quick nod, flashing her a winning smile. "For you? Always." The queen practically purrs, a mischievous glint in her jade eyes, twinkling much like the stars above them.

The terms are laid out and Maeve stands, placing the bow across her back once more, "I look forward to telling you my favorite. Thank you, Safrin. For everything." With a small bow and one last lingering look, the Nightshade slips from the lighthouse and back into the night, steps light and eyes bright for the starry herald.

~FIN <3~